Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Defunctland

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
I feel like this is a thread, that should be brought in.

Defunctland; created by Kevin Purjner, has become a massive hit in the theme park community; as they just finished their second season with Hong Kong Disneyland.

Defunctland, has brought many topics to the table. From Westcot to Disney America, from Big Bad Wolf to Club Disney; this is one of the best shows out here that is made by an insanely talented, and passionate individual. And this episode, brings it home with a great message that should be watched.

I feel like this is a thread, that should be brought in.

Defunctland; created by Kevin Purjner, has become a massive hit in the theme park community; as they just finished their second season with Hong Kong Disneyland.

Defunctland, has brought many topics to the table. From Westcot to Disney America, from Big Bad Wolf to Club Disney; this is one of the best shows out here that is made by an insanely talented, and passionate individual. And this episode, brings it home with a great message that should be watched.

I was able to check this out this morning, and I was very impressed.

I particularly appreciate the summation of Michael Eisner provided at the end, which I think is nuanced and very fair to a flawed - but dynamic and creative - leader of the company.

So since the last post, Kevin has been hard at work, on a Docuseries using a sub-section of Defunctland; Defunct TV, focusing on the efforts of iconic legend: Jim Henson.

The AV Club has taken notice, alongside other groups.

One of those, is freaking Meow Wolf.

So since the last post, Kevin has been hard at work, on a Docuseries using a sub-section of Defunctland; Defunct TV, focusing on the efforts of iconic legend: Jim Henson.

The AV Club has taken notice, alongside other groups.

One of those, is freaking Meow Wolf.

I’m glad the Henson series is being noticed. I think it’s Kevin’s best work, and I know how hard he’s worked on it.

Actually it barely touches on Burger Invasion. It mostly talks about the relationship between McDonald's and Disney, specifically their 1996 decade-long sponsorship deal.

I've been trying not to share any of my videos lately to comply with the site rules, but if you're a fan of Defunctland, you should check out our interview with Kevin. I'm actually surprised by how much he let us peak behind the curtain on his process when making new videos.

I've been trying not to share any of my videos lately to comply with the site rules, but if you're a fan of Defunctland, you should check out our interview with Kevin. I'm actually surprised by how much he let us peak behind the curtain on his process when making new videos.

This is great