Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Definitely do not see this opening with more than just a ride, shops, restaurant and possible play/interactive area. Like Kyle said, phase 2 is likely.

Is MK fully indoors or is there an outdoor segment as well similar to RSR? Having an outdoor area would add some pretty cool kinetic energy, especially since the game does have some easily recreated outdoor environments.

Is MK fully indoors or is there an outdoor segment as well similar to RSR? Having an outdoor area would add some pretty cool kinetic energy, especially since the game does have some easily recreated outdoor environments.
All inside. Very controlled environments. The ride will probably go pretty slow, but use a slew of different effects to make it feel faster, but that would only work inside.

I'm just wondering when we're going to get an official announcement of details for Japan's Super Nintendo World? I just really want to know how MK is going to work. Like the actual ride system, the elements and how they're going to squeeze a theme park narrative into a Mario Kart attraction.
Sorry, I'm just a bit antsy at this point.

I'm just wondering when we're going to get an official announcement of details for Japan's Super Nintendo World? I just really want to know how MK is going to work. Like the actual ride system, the elements and how they're going to squeeze a theme park narrative into a Mario Kart attraction.
Sorry, I'm just a bit antsy at this point.
I have a feeling we'll be getting some details for the land in Japan before the end of the year. Some official concept art for the two rides would be nice for example.

No doubt that Nintendo was supposed to be the full scale similar to Japan when it was going to replace Revenge of the Mummy and Stages 33-44. With the last minute relocation of Nintendo to Stages 22-25, lots of things were adjusted to meet deadlines. Just get used to the fact that Hollywood will have the smallest and most truncated version of SNW.

(Honestly, nothing new for Universal Studios Hollywood, it just seems like a minor step backwards when we nearly got a full size WWoHP)

Last edited:
I wonder if SNW becomes so popular (and I use the word "if" lightly because I know it will be a success lol) that they would consider either expanding to other soundstages or removing Transformers completely and expanding there.

I wonder if SNW becomes so popular (and I use the word "if" lightly because I know it will be a success lol) that they would consider either expanding to other soundstages or removing Transformers completely and expanding there.

That was one of the ideas I brought up earlier about having transformers just becoming a new experience for Nintendo world. Transformers could be upgraded to the new franchise as well because the last 5 movies they made are complete ass.