Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad they are making progress on that crossover bridge between the Lost Continent and JP. Much needed for team members and for guests and team members both during peak season (like when they have the projection shows). Last time I heard, it was supposed to be completed by this summer?

So glad they are making progress on that crossover bridge between the Lost Continent and JP. Much needed for team members and during peak season (like when they have the projection shows). Last time I heard, it was supposed to be completed by this summer?

That's the plan. Seems like they are planning a Late June/Early July deadline, right before the high of summer.

So glad they are making progress on that crossover bridge between the Lost Continent and JP. Much needed for team members and during peak season (like when they have the projection shows). Last time I heard, it was supposed to be completed by this summer?
Universal said summer. That was when it first closed though. Hopefully it goes up fast now that they've actually started on it.

Any word on exterior changes or changes in general to the DC? Idk if they would go for a more slate/grey paint scheme like in Hollywood. I was looking at this image of the Innovation Center from JW and if you ignore the giant cone shape, the main door and the windows on either side sorta have the same shape as the DC. Maybe model it like as a two story version of that and maybe change the roof idk.
I hope they do not do this, and let the JP VC remain

I have wondered if they could build an Innovation Center facade on the JPRA showbuilding though. That or some greenery, and rock work. Turn it into a visual centerpeice.

What's the point in re-facing the Discovery Center when you're throwing a coaster in front of it anyway? I think semi-blocking it with track *is* the Jurassic World remodel to them, for better or worse.

Like @Brian G. and @Tyc00n96 said, some different paint and a sign swap and the outside's magically different.

If they were gonna spend the money and time to level it and build an exact clone of the Samsung Innovation Center from Jurassic World, they wouldn't be blocking it with a coaster.

To clarify, your description of the degree to which the coaster is going to be obstructing the view of the DC was what was scaring me!

I do not want the Innovation Center design to replace the JP-inspired one.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.