Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 530 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not at initial opening, but I can't imagine Nintendo will be the only gaming property in the parks, right? I think the untapped potential for theme park attractions, restaurants, shops, events, centered around the gaming community would be huge for Universal. Not sure if they have any stake in it or can host events at the Orange County Convention Center, but having gaming conventions there is such an opportunity I hope Uni doesn't pass up!!

Maybe not at initial opening, but I can't imagine Nintendo will be the only gaming property in the parks, right? I think the untapped potential for theme park attractions, restaurants, shops, events, centered around the gaming community would be huge for Universal. Not sure if they have any stake in it or can host events at the Orange County Convention Center, but having gaming conventions there is such an opportunity I hope Uni doesn't pass up!!

I'm of the opinion that Nintendo is probably the only gaming company with properties worth putting in a major theme park

Something like Port of Entry would work, with high theming but no IP attached.

yes, definitely no IP attached. The port of entry works with the overall theme of the Islands of Adventure because you are traveling to islands. If worlds is their new approach, then their hub should take into consideration that you are traveling to worlds. My mind jumps to portals. Yes, stargate looking portals but no stargate IP.

In my mind I see futuristic electric looking trolleys, bringing guests from the parking lot to a futuristic city. Whether the city would be their city walk or just the entrance to the park. You will have to walk down to the end to where there is a center icon. They could use a portal as the center icon or a futuristic building that could be their hotel. Then the portals would be the entrances to the worlds. The portals would appear the same maybe have symbols or shapes consistent with the worlds they belong to ethched on the metal. Nintendo's entrance could appear like a portal, but then look like a green pipe at the other side. Each entrance would be a tunnel where the interior changes into the world you are entering.

d5oeckq-02bd704e-5fda-4a8b-acaf-a891fe81426d.jpg download (1).jpg download.jpg download (2).jpg

While we do seem to have an idea of the lands coming to fantastic worlds, and many ideas that have been mentioned (such as Mortal Kombat) have no shot of appearing, this is still technically a blue sky thread - which by definition means "not practical" or "not yet grounded in reality" and "open minded". I will say though, conversation is much more interesting when these 'blue sky' ideas are more fleshed out rather than when they are continuously spit out ad nauseam with no detail. :)

I could see more cinematic games (Uncharted comes immediately to mind) being easier to translate - they usually have a well defined story as their forefront, after all. Not sure how complete CGI would transfer over, though.

Reactions: Lucas C and therock
I do want to point out Universal has made attractions based off non Nintendo games (Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest). So its not like they just said screw other video game companies. I think Nintendo however has the broadest demographic worldwide which makes it the easiest to market.

Minecraft will never make it to the park as the creator Markus Persson turned out to be a problematic person and I believe still owns the copyright for Minecraft and I doubt Universal wants to deal with that in today's world.

There are some games I would love to see come to life in a theme park to include possible SMT and Persona, Cuphead would be an amazing land to walk into, any level 5 game which have amazing worlds, and lastly maybe Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover
I do want to point out Universal has made attractions based off non Nintendo games (Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest). So its not like they just said screw other video game companies. I think Nintendo however has the broadest demographic worldwide which makes it the easiest to market.

Minecraft will never make it to the park as the creator Markus Persson turned out to be a problematic person and I believe still owns the copyright for Minecraft and I doubt Universal wants to deal with that in today's world.

There are some games I would love to see come to life in a theme park to include possible SMT and Persona, Cuphead would be an amazing land to walk into, any level 5 game which have amazing worlds, and lastly maybe Final Fantasy.
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.