Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Microsoft would do a Thursday early in the run (September only). I don't recall buy-outs in October on what would normally be a HHN night. They're typically do buy-outs on Mondays with one soundstage house open.
Any idea how much that would cost? So I can dream while saving pennnies from my floor board lol
Theme park figures are weird sometimes. Like it’s always a lot of money.. but some how less than you thought.

Any idea how much that would cost? So I can dream while saving pennnies from my floor board lol
Theme park figures are weird sometimes. Like it’s always a lot of money.. but some how less than you thought.
Depends on the night and the amount of resources used. Renting out Diagon Alley for a night (which requires one ride, one restaurant, and some stores) cost less than NYC. I don't really know, though. I've heard amounts that range from $50,000 a night to over a million.

Orlando Event Venue Locations | Universal Orlando Resort™ Event Planning

Orlando Informer rents out both parks, includes most rides plus food and beverage for about $180 per person. They won't disclose attendance except for "a fraction of daily crowds" If everything is a walk on for rides, you would have to guess, IDK, 35%+/-10%. That could give you a rough ballpark to cost. Anyone can chime in to correct my guesses!

Orlando Informer rents out both parks, includes most rides plus food and beverage for about $180 per person. They won't disclose attendance except for "a fraction of daily crowds" If everything is a walk on for rides, you would have to guess, IDK, 35%+/-10%. That could give you a rough ballpark to cost. Anyone can chime in to correct my guesses!
Wow that’s surprisingly cheaper than I would think. That seems like a ton of lost revenue on souvenirs/food/beverage/lockers. Is it for a whole day or just a couple of hours in the evening?

Wow that’s surprisingly cheaper than I would think. That seems like a ton of lost revenue on souvenirs/food/beverage/lockers. Is it for a whole day or just a couple of hours in the evening?
I think it's like 5 P.M. to 12:30 A.M with park closing to regular guests at 8 or normal time. So I guess it's cheaper since not kicking out guests earlier than normal.

As a pansy, I like the never ending movement of the conga line - gets me through faster and my screaming can be limited!

We got stuck in one where our line stopped dead- the one where a woman steps out from behind a fridge I think? Poltergeist?

We got the fridge scare three times while we were stuck there. Scared my daughter EVERY time and I was like "you know she's there! Come on!"

It was like she kept forgetting the scare was there or something.

Why wasn’t Universal Monsters speculated nearly as much as the rest of the houses were? It seems like spec has it pretty spot on rn but UCM was never high up on anyone’s expected lists.

Why wasn’t Universal Monsters speculated nearly as much as the rest of the houses were? It seems like spec has it pretty spot on rn but UCM was never high up on anyone’s expected lists.

Because beside the issues insiders were having getting information, everyone immediately assumed they'd save Monsters for the big 3 zero next year due to its' importance to HHN history.

Nothing related to whats going on here, but I seriously want to see an opening like this that features the big name IPs. Will they ever do something like that again?
Side Note: Back in my horror fanatic kid days when I was obsessed with the slashers, this video right here introduced me to HHN. Thank you youtube recommendations!

Because beside the issues insiders were having getting information, everyone immediately assumed they'd save Monsters for the big 3 zero next year due to its' importance to HHN history.

Two and a half (ST3) of the announcements so far this year are things I expected them to save for 30, so yeah.

“Why is Mickey always at all these Disney events?!”

Kind of a different situation though.

Also, a lot of times, insiders don't share everything they have.