Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Idk, I’m sure I’m not the only one who hears “Halloween” and immediately thinks about northern Germanic tribes and the very famous and well-loved History channel show about them. Everyone knows Halloween is the nomadic seafaring tribe holiday.

Lol I’m just playing around with everyone, goofing around. I think it’s a terrible concept for HHN but who knows how it will turn out, could be very cool!

For me it's the fact that it would be something NEW in that area. I love the jack-o-lanterns, but variety is needed! Although, if they have the zone itself out by Mel's and just have the jack-o-lanterns in CP, that would be cool.

The plastic surgery idea has potential. A horror narrator I watch is currently doing a series of reading a scary story from each US state, and the one for Florida was about mannequin people:

As much as I love Zombieland, I can't say I'm too crazy about the zone concept--though if they have the soundtrack from that movie featuring Metallica, Van Halen and Raconteurs, I suppose there's some value.

Rob Zombie zone--meh, I'll take it over an HoB zone.

A video game character zone would've fit well last year.

The only thing we don't know that much about still is what's going in B79.

Last edited:
How do you feel about Klowns?

Like the IP? The zone was really well done in my opinion. Scary.... not at all. Super fun and cool? Totally. Am I excited about it as a house? Nope.

The past years just feel so reliant on clowns. Maybe it’s my bad for growing up in Sarasota and not finding clowns scary but I love the saw zones and feel like some of those scareactors year after year work their butts off to just get like.... the last possible afterthought of a theme ever lol. It makes me sad

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read about the plastic surgery Scare Zone:
It has real potential, I picture it in the same vain of the hhn 25 Icon Scarezone, big displays with mini shows. Most anticipated zone.

The Rob Zombie zone would be great if it captures the atmosphere of a psychedelic rock concert, as long it has music videos projected somewhere, Spaulding and Myers I'll be pleased.

Arcade zone will sounds interesting but would been more fitting last year, which characters can they parody without copyright infringement?

Zombieland is a good movie but doesn't have that much character iconography, if they go all out they go all out a ferris wheel could be placed somewhere.

The Viking scarezone could work, make the vikings frozen-looking and decorate the trees with banners and light up glass bottles to allude to the Jack o' Lanterns in the past years.

This also my first post, hi!

Last edited:
With Rob Zombie's scarezone, I could see them going two ways, either going into the mind of Rob Zombie and producing characters from his own creations music sorta like his maze in Hollywood years back, which honestly I feel like this could have just been a house instead, but it's whatever nonetheless, if they go the film route, they can definitely work with Lords of Salem, Devil's Rejects, HOTC and Three From Hell, as well as I hope The Haunting World of El Superbeasto and 31. Basically everything but the Halloween films. Rob did an awesome job with haunt and did some really awesome mazes, so I do hope they take those recreations and bring em to the event.

Zombieland should really cool to see happen, I'd love to see that one as house but it would work so much better as a scarezone as for the originals this year, it seems like they are or were some cut ideas from last year? Very cheesy it looks, I'd understand that they aren't going the 80s part 2 route but this year should very interesting in where they are going with some of this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Rob Zombie themed scare zone?!
(Insert Kermit flailing arms gif here)

I love all things RZ so this one has me very excited. If they do his stuff justice this could we somewhere I spend a lot of time hanging out.

Zombieland interests me as well to see how they turn that into a zone that isn't just 'generic zombies 3764'. The style of the film could be hard to translate successfully. Love the film though, so hopefully they do a good job.

Vikings is another hit for me. I actually spent a long time studying Vikings and their history, so while not expecting anything historically accurate, I am still down for them making their HHN debut.
I wonder if they will have Odin, Thor etc make an appearance?

What a year this is shaping up to be! Or maybe I am just easily pleased :grin:

Last edited:
With Rob Zombie's scarezone, I could see them going two ways, either going into the mind of Rob Zombie and producing characters from his own creations music sorta like his maze in Hollywood years back, which honestly I feel like this could have just been a house instead, but it's whatever nonetheless, if they go the film route, they can definitely work with Lords of Salem, Devil's Rejects, HOTC and Three From Hell, as well as I hope The Haunting World of El Superbeasto and 31. Basically everything but the Halloween films. Rob did an awesome job with haunt and did some really awesome mazes, so I do hope they take those recreations and bring em to the event.

Zombieland should really cool to see happen, I'd love to see that one as house but it would work so much better as a scarezone as for the originals this year, it seems like they are or were some cut ideas from last year? Very cheesy it looks, I'd understand that they aren't going the 80s part 2 route but this year should very interesting in where they are going with some of this stuff.

I'm gonna be real sad if we don't get El Superbeasto

The music videos from Living Dead Girl, Teenage rock god, Dragula and Lords of Salem are enough material for an awesome trippy zone.
Will there be Rob lookalikes roaming the area, that would be great and not that difficult to pull off, we also need a fried chicken stand in the whereabouts.

The music videos from Living Dead Girl, Teenage rock god, Dragula and Lords of Salem are enough material for an awesome trippy zone.
Will there be Rob lookalikes roaming the area, that would be great and not that difficult to pull off, we also need a fried chicken stand in the whereabouts.

And an ice-cream kiosk!

I’m sorry whaaaa? I am not a fan of this year’s scarezones. two zombie scarezones???

Vikings? in central park? wasted area on a dumb theme.

Plastic surgery in Hollywood? A huge open space and they’re doing a plastic surgery zone?

Oh nooo