Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly think had GoT been brought to the event it would’ve been the next revolutionary step for the story of HHN. With an IP that big, there would have to be big changes in the way the event is run as a whole to keep it running smoothly with excessively increased crowds and giant new properties. This would’ve gone down in history as the next TWD, the moment when HHN permanently changed. Whether those changes would be for better or for worse is all perspective, no matter how you feel about the property itself, Game of Thrones is an extreme loss.

Aiello has posted some short updates of the event, scarezone design is nearly finished, UCM will have great scenery and Depths of Fears sounds that it will have a "The Thing" vibe to it.

Reactions: Clive
Sounds like it's not the desire for info that's the problem, it's people in the know leaking stuff to those people.

It's ok to be eager and curious.

The keyword is insatiable. An hour or two after an announcement people are clamoring for when the next house will be announced. Last year people were starting threads about this year in September. Speculation and predictions (and yes some leaks) are fun but it feels like fewer and fewer people are living in the moment.

The keyword is insatiable. An hour or two after an announcement people are clamoring for when the next house will be announced. Last year people were starting threads about this year in September. Speculation and predictions (and yes some leaks) are fun but it feels like fewer and fewer people are living in the moment.

Going to sound like an old man here, but that's the way the world is now. Everything has to happen right NOW. We get so used to convenience, whether it be buying a cup of coffee, or ordering a BBQ on Amazon for delivery the very next day, that when something isn't given to us right away, it feels wrong in a way. Even if that something is information on a theme park event. Look at the Hagrid ride. People are desperate for soft opening or whatever so they can ride it tomorrow. Waiting another 3 weeks doesn't feel right.

Not saying it's good that things are this way, but my 2 cents on it.

Sorry, way off topic, but it's something that has been on my mind since the whole GoT thing came to light.

It’s both.

Either way, Joe’s response is to the people not understanding why leaking is a bad thing - not the leak itself.

If it's truly both, this speculation thread would be shut down because it would be killing HHN. I don't recall anyone saying HBO was skittish because there was speculation. I believe people said they were skittish that there would be insider leaks.

Wanting info doesn't sound like it's the problem. Not wanting certain info leaked by people in the know sounded like the issue.

If it's truly both, this speculation thread would be shut down because it would be killing HHN. I don't recall anyone saying HBO was skittish because there was speculation. I believe people said they were skittish that there would be insider leaks.

Wanting info doesn't sound like it's the problem. Not wanting certain info leaked by people in the know sounded like the issue.

sigh.... I don't get why this is so difficult to grasp?

We're not talking about speculation. We're talking about the people saying "but leaks are positive publicity! Why wouldn't they want that!"

sigh.... I don't get why this is so difficult to grasp?

We're not talking about speculation. We're talking about the people saying "but leaks are positive publicity! Why wouldn't they want that!"

*sigh*

Thanks for injecting a thought into my comment that was not there and then over reacting to your self-created strawman. I was clearly talking about speculation vs leaks, not whether or not leaks are good publicity.

And te comment I was reacting to said very clearly that desire and leaks are BOTH the problem. Thus my reply.

Just read and react to what I said, not imagined windmills that are not in the text. I don't get why that is so difficult to grasp?

*sigh*

Thanks for injecting a thought into my comment that was not there and then over reacting to your self-created strawman. I was clearly talking about speculation vs leaks, not whether or not leaks are good publicity.

And te comment I was reacting to said very clearly that desire and leaks are BOTH the problem. Thus my reply.

Just read and react to what I said, not imagined windmills that are not in the text. I don't get why that is so difficult to grasp?

Excuse me? YOU were talking about spec vs leaks. The comments Joe and I made were not about speculation. You were taking the conversation into a different trajectory. We both clarified we were referencing a specific group of people who were arguing about leaks being positive. You chose to ignore those points to carry on with yours. We were having 2 different conversations when Joe and I tried to steer it back to what our overall point was.

EDIT: And since you want to address the desire and leaks aspect - there's obviously a market being provided, so someone is going to provide.

No drama plz

giphy.gif

Reactions: JMalez
I never post (long time lurker), but feel like people are jumping on someone for no reason & I can't just be quiet. The way some people are acting because fans want speculation & are excited for information on a SPECULATION forum is crazy. I mean people are being down right rude to people for pointing out that the fans that are excited for information aren't the problem but people who leak irresponsibly are.

Ihatejumpscares brought up not understanding why leaks were a big deal a while ago, said Spaulding explained why it might be well then started talking about that WANTING speculation, here of all places, isn't the reason GoT was lost. The conversation changed to a different point.

I'm sad that people are being toxic to each other. I guess I have 2 reasons as of today to quit reading speculation year round, since we're apparently half the problem.

I never post (long time lurker), but feel like people are jumping on someone for no reason & I can't just be quiet. The way some people are acting because fans want speculation & are excited for information on a SPECULATION forum is crazy. I mean people are being down right rude to people for pointing out that the fans that are excited for information aren't the problem but people who leak irresponsibly are.

Ihatejumpscares brought up not understanding why leaks were a big deal a while ago, said Spaulding explained why it might be well then started talking about that WANTING speculation, here of all places, isn't the reason GoT was lost. The conversation changed to a different point.

I'm sad that people are being toxic to each other. I guess I have 2 reasons as of today to quit reading speculation year round, since we're apparently half the problem.

Again, speculation isn't the problem. No one has indicated otherwise. The point was there's a specific group who care more about the rumor side then the event itself. As Joe said, "Last year people were starting threads about this year in September. Speculation and predictions (and yes some leaks) are fun but it feels like fewer and fewer people are living in the moment."

Forgive me for being frustrated, but people are putting words in our mouth. We thought our point was clear, but I guess not.

Again, speculation isn't the problem. No one has indicated otherwise. The point was there's a specific group who care more about the rumor side then the event itself. As Joe said, "Last year people were starting threads about this year in September. Speculation and predictions (and yes some leaks) are fun but it feels like fewer and fewer people are living in the moment."

Forgive me for being frustrated, but people are putting words in our mouth. We thought our point was clear, but I guess not.

I'm not one to do any arguing with the mods, but I can see where the confusion with Joe's original post comes from, as I'll be blunt, it can very easily be read in regards to multiple topics. At first, I presumed it was a response to Tryston's post right above it considering obviously there is kind of a thing about asking for announcements as well.

The original post could have been worded a little better and clearer.

That being said, this is a very bad argument. EDIT: The argument in general, not your post here.

Reactions: Kadath
I'm not one to do any arguing with the mods, but I can see where the confusion with Joe's original post comes from, as I'll be blunt, it can very easily be read in regards to multiple topics. At first, I presumed it was a response to Tryston's post right above it considering obviously there is kind of a thing about asking for announcements as well.

The original post could have been worded a little better and clearer.

That being said, this is a very bad argument. EDIT: The argument in general, not your post here.

And that's fair - but there were several follow-ups by Joe and myself that, at least made an effort, to clear up the message.

I'm sorry to cause confusion, I thought by not quoting the post it was clear I was making a general comment. I'll fix that in the future. @ChaseTuff

Look, there is a desire for inside info and leaks, where there is a demand there is a market. This demand has lead to HHN having a house pulled from the event. I think everyone, including myself, should step back and think about this.

Yeah lets get this back on topic y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, let me try to be clear.

The original point was "Leaks have consequences" - and that's all we've tried to convey.

Inside info is great for us, but that's not how Universal feels. As has been stated, they want to control the narrative. They and their partners have business plans.

Sharing inside info can be addictive, with a cyclical effect on both the dealer and user. The dealer gets the attention of the readers, and the readers keep asking for more from the dealer. It's fine, in moderation, but when we start talking about actual impacts on plans is when I feel a line should be drawn. When it comes to rumors, especially dealing with HHN, fans can be extremely passionate, chomping at the bits for any sort of info. A line was obviously crossed to feed that hunger and ultimately, all of us paid for it.

If there was any other part of what I posted, either here, or in the past few days that you wish to better understand - ask, and I'll clarify so we're all on the same page.