Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

After some reviews, I'm getting a little nervous that the friend I am going with won't be able to ride. My fingers are crossed it works out....

Will this ride be too scary for me? I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. I couldn't ride DD, can't ride Hulk and Rip Ride. But I love Mummy. I know there is a drop track, I love TOT at Disney but I don't ride Dr Doom.

Will this ride be too scary for me? I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. I couldn't ride DD, can't ride Hulk and Rip Ride. But I love Mummy. I know there is a drop track, I love TOT at Disney but I don't ride Dr Doom.

I don’t think it will be any scarier than Mummy as you can see the track minus the backwards section.

If you can ride Everest, this should be much of the same.

Man -- you are able to ride ToT but not Hulk? ToT is hands down the most terrifying theme park ride around, IMO.

If you can ride ToT, you can definitely ride this.

After some reviews, I'm getting a little nervous that the friend I am going with won't be able to ride. My fingers are crossed it works out....
Someone who has ridden told me that if you can ride gringotts you can at least fit the motorcycle seat.

@Scott W. I do like the lights. I haven't seen them with any other test seats yet (but then again, I haven't tried other test seats besides Hagrid's).

These ones are located in the last big room before the load platform. Same room where you receive your seat cards.

I know we talked about the parking garages opening at 6:30 on the 13th. Should we assume both north and south parking garages will be backed up a couple hours *after* all parks open that day? Asking for myself. ;)

Very quick and useful video with him. Really helps illustrate it.

Really good information. I feel like parks need to de a better job of directing people to the test seat. I know it is a sensitive issue but it is there to help everyone out. There are some rides that don't have test seats that waste peoples time and cause slow operations.

Really good information. I feel like parks need to de a better job of directing people to the test seat. I know it is a sensitive issue but it is there to help everyone out. There are some rides that don't have test seats that waste peoples time and cause slow operations.

I agree. From what I read on the UO AP page, it sounds like team members don't like asking guests to do this, and they try to ask in a non-direct way - for example, asking them if they have been on this ride before. They would rather not ask. But if/when they respectfully ask guests to sit in the test seats, it helps to avoid a possible situation later at load. It would be uncomfortable for a guest to get all the way to load and have difficulty getting into the ride vehicle. Then ride operations have be paused and whatnot, as you mentioned.

I agree. From what I read on the UO AP page, it sounds like team members don't like asking guests to do this, and they try to ask in a non-direct way - for example, asking them if they have been on this ride before. They would rather not ask. But if/when they respectfully ask guests to sit in the test seats, it helps to avoid a possible situation later at load. It would be uncomfortable for a guest to get all the way to load and have difficulty getting into the ride vehicle. Then ride operations have be paused and whatnot, as you mentioned.
Yea, I am too tall for gringotts my knees just wouldn’t let the restraint budge got all the way up to the station, very embarrassing