1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Joe, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

It's possible that they shut the line down earlier than park close (I remember that Disney did that with Flight of Passage when it first opened since lines were so long), but even if that were the case, I can't imagine that they'd shut it down all that far before park close. I can't actually remember a time when Universal has used that practice of shutting the line down early if i'm being honest.

However, if you are dead set on wanting to ride that day, I wouldn't risk it.

HPFred likes this.
  2. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Veteran Member

^ He gets it. Nobody cares that you were first to ride, besides technically there were hundreds of people that tried it before you did during test and adjust. The “me first but it better not break down or else imma throw a fit” attitude doesn’t do the theme park enthusiast community any favors.

allaboutthatchase likes this.
  3. JMalez

JMalez Rookie

For me personally, it isn't about 'bragging rights' or even being among the first to ride.. I just like the thrill and anticipation that comes with getting up early and to the parks before sunrise to experience something that will be completely new to me. The early morning wait with a nice cup of coffee, talking with fellow theme park enthusiasts is almost as much as an experience as riding the ride itself :)

SukaVayne73, HPFred, Felipe and 12 others like this.
  4. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I agreed with your earlier post with the new ride. But regarding a “normal” rope drop queuing, it goes more than just FoP in that instance. If you’re in the front of the pack, you’re able to beat everyone else on all the other rides as well.

I have a trick I use to always be first in line at 7 dwarves and because of that I can hit Peter Pan instantly and then be ahead of everyone else with the 2 biggest rides knocked out 5-7 mins after park opening. If I were to queue in 7 dwarves when it’s an hour+, I’d be behind everyone all day and always following rides.

Nothing will ever beat an early rope drop queue.

therock, Furiated, HPFred and 7 others like this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

Dang this was a bit misleading, thought it opened for softs while I was snoozing. Ah well, can't wait til the 13th for the POVs!

6. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Plus afternoon rain in orlando. And technical issues.

Nick, Felipe, shiekra38 and 2 others like this.
  7. KbTurtle

KbTurtle Newcomer

Is a media event happening this morning or is that later today?

8. Captain Tragedy

Captain Tragedy Premium Member

I'd definitely be down there opening morning with y'all if I could. Went to opening day of Verbolten and had a great time! Best of luck to all going, may the odds be ever in your favor, may the force be with you etc. etc.

Joel, JMalez, Sithina and 2 others like this.
  9. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Tonight.

10. WillQ92

WillQ92 Rookie

This x10. Not at all about being first, it's about the experience.

Something everyone seems to be forgetting: yeah you're still waiting just as long by showing up early, but I'd rather do my waiting before the sun comes up in comfort than waiting in the afternoon sun and humidity in an overflow queue that reaches Seuss Landing.

Cheezbat, HPFred, JMalez and 8 others like this.
  11. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Rookie

And you're waiting with people like you. Everyone there is just as hyped as you are so it makes the time go by fast.

HPFred, JMalez, Sithina and 4 others like this.
  12. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Given the weather delays and technical issues in recent days, I have a feeling the waits could balloon to 5-6 hours after noon. I’d much rather wait a few hours in the dark before the park opens, than ~6 hours in sun and rain. But that’s me.

Joel, SukaVayne73, Cheezbat and 10 others like this.
  13. jseal777

jseal777 Member

So queue up in the parking garage as early as possible and scoot over to Hagrid as soon as it opens if you wanna ride anything else in the parks Thursday after hagrid?

Would love to have tike to go over to studios and ride MIB before seeing the new MIB movie Thursday night

Joe likes this.
  14. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

Hmmmm... that isn't necessarily true.

jseal777 likes this.
  15. rinacee

rinacee Member

Yes! This is why I enjoy it :) It's a fun experience--the energy is very exciting. I think most people who go opening morning know to expect the downtime (unless they are average park guests who happen to be there). I like the thrill of getting up early and waiting with a bunch of other die-hard fans. I'm excited to share the morning with my best friend, who I don't get to see nearly enough. We've been planning our snacks for the morning and everything--the anticipation definitely adds to the fun!
    Plus, like others have said, it was be a little less hot and hopefully less likely to pour earlier on.

therock, Joel, JMalez and 6 others like this.
  16. Bozobrain24

Bozobrain24 Newcomer

Sounds like the excitement of a midnight movie release. Or waiting in line at Walmart for one of the books.

youhow2, HPFred, Doug A. and 5 others like this.
  17. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

I would think most of the die hards that are willing to wait 4-5 hours have season passes, or have been to the park multiple times, that "enjoying the rest of the park" is probably not something they will do. Thinking most would go home straight afterward...or maybe ride one of the other Potter rides.

Joel, HPFred, JMalez and 5 others like this.
  18. Enbee

Enbee Rookie

I’ve never done opening day for any of these openings. I’ve always been lucky with softs. But with this, I literally leave to California for two months the day after open. I HAVE to ride this Thursday

SukaVayne73, Cheezbat, HPFred and 8 others like this.
  19. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Rookie

Only opening I ever went to was for Kong cause I was vacationing at that time. Wasn't necessarily a ton of Kong fans per say, although we all enjoyed the franchise, but it was a ton of theme park/Universal enthusiasts which was super fun. Total nerd fest haha which is my crowd. I can't even imagine what its like with a bunch of Potterheads! Jealous of anyone who's able to be there this week, should be something special.

Ridgepole, truejonas, Andysol and 4 others like this.
  20. Fluffy's Caretaker

Fluffy's Caretaker Newcomer

Yeah, when I go this weekend, the only reason I'm going is to ride Hagrid. Sure, I'm gonna ride a few of my favorites while I'm there as well, but Hagrid is my #1 priority.

RevFreako likes this.