Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

This sounds like a super smart idea because can’t they not kick you off the line until the entire line is emptied? Also do you think they will be running it all day or close it early because of crowds? I kinda want to try this now just so I’m not wasting my entire day.
It's possible that they shut the line down earlier than park close (I remember that Disney did that with Flight of Passage when it first opened since lines were so long), but even if that were the case, I can't imagine that they'd shut it down all that far before park close. I can't actually remember a time when Universal has used that practice of shutting the line down early if i'm being honest.

However, if you are dead set on wanting to ride that day, I wouldn't risk it.

I’m a little confused why y’all are going to the parking garage at 5 or 6 AM. If the park opens at 9, you’ve already “queued” for 3-4 hours. Why not just wait until later and spend your time in the actual (brand new) queue? Or do you guys think it’s going to be > 4 hours all day?

^ He gets it. Nobody cares that you were first to ride, besides technically there were hundreds of people that tried it before you did during test and adjust. The “me first but it better not break down or else imma throw a fit” attitude doesn’t do the theme park enthusiast community any favors.

For me personally, it isn't about 'bragging rights' or even being among the first to ride.. I just like the thrill and anticipation that comes with getting up early and to the parks before sunrise to experience something that will be completely new to me. The early morning wait with a nice cup of coffee, talking with fellow theme park enthusiasts is almost as much as an experience as riding the ride itself :)

I ask the same thing about people who show up an hour or more before rope drop (FoP at AK). You’re still “queuing.” I don’t get it. Lol

I agreed with your earlier post with the new ride. But regarding a “normal” rope drop queuing, it goes more than just FoP in that instance. If you’re in the front of the pack, you’re able to beat everyone else on all the other rides as well.

I have a trick I use to always be first in line at 7 dwarves and because of that I can hit Peter Pan instantly and then be ahead of everyone else with the 2 biggest rides knocked out 5-7 mins after park opening. If I were to queue in 7 dwarves when it’s an hour+, I’d be behind everyone all day and always following rides.

Nothing will ever beat an early rope drop queue.

For me personally, it isn't about 'bragging rights' or even being among the first to ride.. I just like the thrill and anticipation that comes with getting up early and to the parks before sunrise to experience something that will be completely new to me. The early morning wait with a nice cup of coffee, talking with fellow theme park enthusiasts is almost as much as an experience as riding the ride itself :)
This x10. Not at all about being first, it's about the experience.

Something everyone seems to be forgetting: yeah you're still waiting just as long by showing up early, but I'd rather do my waiting before the sun comes up in comfort than waiting in the afternoon sun and humidity in an overflow queue that reaches Seuss Landing.

So queue up in the parking garage as early as possible and scoot over to Hagrid as soon as it opens if you wanna ride anything else in the parks Thursday after hagrid?

Would love to have tike to go over to studios and ride MIB before seeing the new MIB movie Thursday night

Yes! This is why I enjoy it :) It's a fun experience--the energy is very exciting. I think most people who go opening morning know to expect the downtime (unless they are average park guests who happen to be there). I like the thrill of getting up early and waiting with a bunch of other die-hard fans. I'm excited to share the morning with my best friend, who I don't get to see nearly enough. We've been planning our snacks for the morning and everything--the anticipation definitely adds to the fun!
Plus, like others have said, it was be a little less hot and hopefully less likely to pour earlier on.

I would think most of the die hards that are willing to wait 4-5 hours have season passes, or have been to the park multiple times, that "enjoying the rest of the park" is probably not something they will do. Thinking most would go home straight afterward...or maybe ride one of the other Potter rides.

Only opening I ever went to was for Kong cause I was vacationing at that time. Wasn't necessarily a ton of Kong fans per say, although we all enjoyed the franchise, but it was a ton of theme park/Universal enthusiasts which was super fun. Total nerd fest haha which is my crowd. I can't even imagine what its like with a bunch of Potterheads! Jealous of anyone who's able to be there this week, should be something special.

I would think most of the die hards that are willing to wait 4-5 hours have season passes, or have been to the park multiple times, that "enjoying the rest of the park" is probably not something they will do. Thinking most would go home straight afterward...or maybe ride one of the other Potter rides.
Yeah, when I go this weekend, the only reason I'm going is to ride Hagrid. Sure, I'm gonna ride a few of my favorites while I'm there as well, but Hagrid is my #1 priority.