Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I remember Busch Gardens giving everyone slips of paper at the parking entrance that explained that ShieKra was a new ride and it might not be running at full capacity...I believe they also did this for Cheetah Hunt

It was a nice "brace for impact" type of thing that explains to average theme park goers what is going on

In my opinion, I think most tourists think "It's a new ride so I'm not surprised it's busy"

Yeah, speaking of outdoor rides, since it's so far in the future, Universal really should take a hard look at an opening window for the JP coaster to insure the construction schedules stay away from opening it in the June through September rainy weather season. Crowds are dispersed throughout the year enough now that it's no longer essential to open a new attraction (especially an outdoor one) during the summer season.
Open it for HHN and have excitement in both parks

Rode today (I'll put my thoughs in the review area) but only problem we had was the single riders line. Apparently the loader took that to mean if there were never ever parties of 3, we were never ever going to board. We literally stood there for 45 minutes and watched people who got in line 30 minutes behind us get on and off the ride. Finally the angry horde corner the team captain and she got the line moving (usually if the single riders gets too long between riders, loaders will usually dump some onto the ride even if singles weren't required.)

I just feel the rave reviews and major publicity hagrid got warranted something negative to be said about it by a certain group and they couldn't really say the ride sucked so what else can we complain about on opening weekend?? crazy thing about it is that the people that physically waited the longest knew they were gonna wait long and came PREPARED to vlog the entire "EXPERIENCE" as most of them labeled it.

Rode today (I'll put my thoughs in the review area) but only problem we had was the single riders line. Apparently the loader took that to mean if there were never ever parties of 3, we were never ever going to board. We literally stood there for 45 minutes and watched people who got in line 30 minutes behind us get on and off the ride. Finally the angry horde corner the team captain and she got the line moving (usually if the single riders gets too long between riders, loaders will usually dump some onto the ride even if singles weren't required.)

I’m getting the feeling that this is not going to be a desirable Single Rider experience for a while. I know it can move decently at HRRR, but with the motorbike/sidecar seating situation, single riders will always get the sidecar. Plus, like you said, I don’t think the crew has it down pat yet. I would advise against the SRL for the time being. I never used it on my 4 rides and I’m glad I didn’t.

Yeah, speaking of outdoor rides, since it's so far in the future, Universal really should take a hard look at an opening window for the JP coaster to insure the construction schedules stay away from opening it in the June through September rainy weather season. Crowds are dispersed throughout the year enough now that it's no longer essential to open a new attraction (especially an outdoor one) during the summer season.

That.. and or build some more indoor rides so the majority of the park doesn’t shut down all the time...

Thank goodness for Biore injecting some honesty and criticism into the mix.

What do we call the Universal equivalent of pixie dusters? They’ve been in full force lately...

I am a semi typical theme park guest. I don't understand why saying a ride is in technical rehearsals makes my experience better? Does it change anything about the overall experience?
I would expect that a new ride would have problems in it's first few months of operation. Didn't the avatar ride at Disney have problems with overheating well after it's technical rehearsal time?

I am a semi typical theme park guest. I don't understand why saying a ride is in technical rehearsals makes my experience better? Does it change anything about the overall experience?
I would expect that a new ride would have problems in it's first few months of operation. Didn't the avatar ride at Disney have problems with overheating well after it's technical rehearsal time?
Some insiders say that FOP still has overheating issues which contribute to it's low ride capacity, and long lines. Nothing official from Disney though.

That.. and or build some more indoor rides so the majority of the park doesn’t shut down all the time...
Exactly why I still think this should’ve been indoors. It would’ve allowed “night rides” all day every day [which everyone seems to prefer (no surprise there)] with no down time due to weather. + IOA desperately needs more indoor attractions. Maybe it wasn’t possible for them to hide a large show building well enough? Idk.

Sometimes I think people don’t realize just how large the space is. For them to keep the same layout and enclose it would require them to build what would amount to being in the top 3 largest buildings by square footage in the United States. This is the very reason why every single indoor Disney coaster is a spaghetti bowl layout.

Some insiders say that FOP still has overheating issues which contribute to it's low ride capacity, and long lines. Nothing official from Disney though.
Went to Animal Kingdom for the first time Saturday and besides the fact that (IMO) the park is slightly lackluster in attractions, we had to wait 3 hours for FOP. Assuming that the new Hagrid ride would eat up some Disney crowds my family thought it would be perfect to switch over to a Disney park for the weekend. The ride broke down for a half hour but while the attraction was running smoothly the line would move 5ft every 10 minutes. I was kinda disappointed once the ride was finished bc I, as well my family, didn't think the ride was worth the wait time at all. Everest was 150 minutes and by the time we finished that second ride our feet were dead. I hadn't been to Disney in a good while and seeing as every single ride has at least an hour wait makes the parks unbearable. I can't even imagine going to Magic Kingdom and the wait times that park has. Sorry for the little rant but seeing so many people complain over a new ride having a few malfunctions, I'm here to say that FOP a ride having been open 2 years now still has very long lines, the queue barely had ANY AC!, and no one was giving away water like the kiosks in Gringotts or the Hogwarts Express do. :box:

Exactly why I still think this should’ve been indoors. It would’ve allowed “night rides” all day every day [which everyone seems to prefer (no surprise there)] with no down time due to weather. + IOA desperately needs more indoor attractions. Maybe it wasn’t possible for them to hide a large show building well enough? Idk.
I'm glad they didn't. Sure there is the problem in the summer season but parks always seem to empty out when there is a bit of a rain although often it's only for a short time (I guess people are made of sugar). The cost of building the enclosure would be extremely high so it would become a smaller coaster in a box like Disney is building and that comes at a cost because you don't get these long stretches and a long coaster ride. Above that I love the real trees and it will look stunning when I visit in the winter after FW has opened. Also having a day and night option on a ride it amazing and an added bonus.