General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They must be trying to throw new trains into the mix for it to have such delays at this point, right? They didn’t shut down a perfectly operating coaster last night only to have it not work at all the next day with the same setup...

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They must be trying to throw new trains into the mix for it to have such delays at this point, right? They didn’t shut down a perfectly operating coaster last night only to have it not work at all the next day with the same setup...

Has to be that they're trying throughout the night to get the thing running at the level they want it, which may or may not affect their ability to get the ride running at park opening.

Ride was open 3 extra hours last night. It opened 3 hours(?) late today. I don't think that's a coincidence

Starting to rain pretty hard now
Update: no more rain
Update 2: raining pretty hard, but the ride is still running

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
210 minute wait posted on the app. Guests are definitely on now. Just saw a snapchat from a friend who just got off the ride.

Has to be that they're trying throughout the night to get the thing running at the level they want it, which may or may not affect their ability to get the ride running at park opening.

Yeah that was the case with Gringotts for several weeks after opening. It would run well at reduced capacity on one day and then have a delayed opening the following day as they tried to add more vehicles.

Already down to a 180 minute wait on the app shockingly enough. Assuming a lot of people left the line before noon and didn't return.

Perhaps they should just shut it down for an entire day, with prior notices posted in the park, and run through all their testing to add trains, etc.

OK so I posted about a year ago I think, and had some discussions about the height of the spike and the drop. After watching some of the POV rides I think I can handle the drop but still worried about the spike. When we were discussing a year ago, we thought the spike might be 65 feet. Can anyone confirm? Looks like the train is about 30 feet long maybe I could request the back bike and survive the drop :grin:. I can handle the drop on Gringotts after a while maybe this ride will be the same? Going in October for HHN and plan on riding it then.... if I can …...

OK so I posted about a year ago I think, and had some discussions about the height of the spike and the drop. After watching some of the POV rides I think I can handle the drop but still worried about the spike. When we were discussing a year ago, we thought the spike might be 65 feet. Can anyone confirm? Looks like the train is about 30 feet long maybe I could request the back bike and survive the drop :grin:. I can handle the drop on Gringotts after a while maybe this ride will be the same? Going in October for HHN and plan on riding it then.... if I can …...

The spike is smooth as silk, up and back with no waiting, and the snare drop is equally smooth, about 12 feet with no jarring. You'll be fine.

Reactions: jedijim
Aaaand down to a 150 min wait now. Would be fascinating to see what the wait would be like if this thing could stay consistent without downtimes for a single day.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
Request the back row. It doesn't go up the spike at all.

I can’t wait to ride this ride. It looks so fun from YouTube videos. It’s also not scary. Forbidden Journey terrified me. I may be in the minority on here but I’m happy they toned down the HP attractions. I’m going to Uni next month and will ride Gringotts multiple times.

Reactions: therock
Question for those who have rode... with the moving platform, are they taking row requests? Id imagine that'd be a nightmare having people wait for a certain row on a moving platform and there doesn't seem to be a line or seperate queue for 1st or last row like there sometimes is.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95