Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

It was a rumour doing the rounds a week or two ago, but I believe it turned out to be nothing, based on what others were saying in here. Unless something else has changed in the meantime.

Yep, it was made pretty clear that there’s nothing to worry about.

Anyone else hear that Tooth Fairy got dropped and is being replaced by an IP?
The rumor got started because of some large-scale casting changes. But, like I’ve said elsewhere, that can happen because of a change in direction with character design (like what happened with Creatures!)

Tooth Fairy, like all of the houses, was midway through its build when the rumor popped up. Something remarkably drastic has to happen in order for them to adjust things at this point.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the general concept for Tooth Fairy is? Is it just... the tooth fairy gone evil? I feel like I’m missing something here. :lol:

Does anyone know what the general concept for Tooth Fairy is? Is it just... the tooth fairy gone evil? I feel like I’m missing something here. :lol:

Allegedly, the house has a “spooky cute” aesthetic (so maybe like Dollhouse) with minions and that the Tooth Fairy is a Del Toro-esque creature.
The term I heard was “gothic.”

I probably should have phrased it that way. I’m interested if the costumes will be the same as what I was told.
I'm not sure where I'm getting this idea, but I feel like I've been told
the Tooth Fairy is a large, imposing character. Quite monstrous.
EDIT -
But, that could be why character design may have changed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where I'm getting this idea, but I feel like I've been told
the Tooth Fairy is a large, imposing character. Quite monstrous.
EDIT -
But, that could be why character design may have changed.

That does remind me of a potential Creatures! problem. They could've determined the sets are too tight for such large casting to work.

Unless they ran into an issue like they did in 2011 with Bloodengutz... where the large men cast to play the Cupid characters, shirtless, later refused.
Such a situation in this case might not have an apparent or budgeted solution, leading to casting changes (since it's caught this early).

For me Ho1C is my most hyped because of how great captain Spaulding is! I hope they don’t censor the house to much but my second most hyped is depths of fear!

Now I want to see 'Captain Spaulding meets the Universal Monsters.'

Instant greatest house ever. Just 8 rooms of him flipping the bird and making sarcastic comments at Dracula, Wolf Man etc.

Now I want to see 'Captain Spaulding meets the Universal Monsters.'

Instant greatest house ever. Just 8 rooms of him flipping the bird and making sarcastic comments at Dracula, Wolf Man etc.
Universal better be taking notes for 30 right now. If Hollywood can get Frankenstein meets the wolfman I don’t see why we can’t get Spaulding meets the monsters lmao

Just saw a post on the HHN Facebook page. Don't know how to copy a link to here, but it said:
"This year at Universal Orlando’s all-new Halloween Horror Nights, the 80s return with a vengeance bringing with them some of the biggest frights of the era."
I guess they ARE playing up the 80's thing. Theme or not, it's definitely part of the marketing!