Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So has anybody mentioned these ideas for houses: Evil Dead(Original trilogy), Pet Semetary(80’s version) or creepshow?..I love the idea of having a Evil Dead movie house where you can through all the original movies. They all sure do stick to the 80’s theme. Also regardless of 80’s theme, why haven’t The Conjuring or Annabelle been considered yet??

So has anybody mentioned these ideas for houses: Evil Dead(Original trilogy), Pet Semetary(80’s version) or creepshow?..I love the idea of having a Evil Dead movie house where you can through all the original movies. They all sure do stick to the 80’s theme. Also regardless of 80’s theme, why haven’t The Conjuring or Annabelle been considered yet??
You do realize that we basically know the lineup at this point, right?

So how much is known about that Graveyard house? Just thought I'd ask.

The base concept appears to be ghost kids playing hide n seek within the Graveyard.

Chances of an announcement this week?

I had thought pretty darn likely myself but I’m not so sure now.

As mentioned, we’ve stopped pitching ideas because barring something insane happening, we appear to have a locked up lineup.

So how much is known about that Graveyard house? Just thought I'd ask.
It’s a definitely interesting theme but what I was thinking that it was less hide and seek and more based on ghosts in the graveyard.
Chances of an announcement this week?
50/50 Hargrid JUST opened and I think they want that hype to die down a bit before the next announcement but anything is possible.

Evil Dead, as a franchise, was "proven" to not be a major draw so Marketing is going to be hesitant to revisit that well. Pet Semetary has the King aspect to deal with - Universal would have to use a loophole to bring, and they've already pissed King off with a loophole once already. Creepshow is likely appearing in Hollywood, so is conceivable to appear in Orlando next year.

They had Conjuring in development for 2017, but the lawsuit filed against the Warrens (and naming WB) put a halt on the house. It became Hive, but Universal is probably a little skittish to attempt it again until all of those waters are settled. Anabelle is a part of the Conjuring universe, so falls under the same umbrella.

Not like matters. We know this year's lineup.

That "Ready or Not" (starring Not-Margot Robbie) trailer looks like a lot of fun.

Doctor Sleep looks good too. I'd love to see HHN 30 get it's hands on it as a spiritual sequel to The Shining but who knows with the gordian knot that is WB's want to get into the haunt business, The Shining, and Stephen King's hate of both (and support on the film).

I am excited 'cause Ghostbusters and Universal Monsters are perfect entry point mazes for my grandparents. Since it's their first time and they both love Ghostbusters and the Universal Monsters, it's perfect. My grandmother likes horror but took some convincing to get her to go.

Posts like this make me feel old.. I wonder how old your grandmother actually is.. :) The great thing about Horror Nights is that there really is no age restriction (except for the very young). During HHN 25, I had my 75 year old mother and stepfather at the event with me. They went into every single house and absolutely loved it. It was one of my most memorable experiences at HHN for a lot of reasons, and it was a blast to have my Mom there to share it with us.

I was hoping for an official announcement this week as well, but if I had to bet, I'd say we are waiting until next week. After that, they can just roll along with more consistent announcements (I would hope), since we will already be in July which means the start of the event would only be two months away! I cannot believe that!

Evil Dead, as a franchise, was "proven" to not be a major draw so Marketing is going to be hesitant to revisit that well. Pet Semetary has the King aspect to deal with - Universal would have to use a loophole to bring, and they've already pissed King off with a loophole once already. Creepshow is likely appearing in Hollywood, so is conceivable to appear in Orlando next year.

They had Conjuring in development for 2017, but the lawsuit filed against the Warrens (and naming WB) put a halt on the house. It became Hive, but Universal is probably a little skittish to attempt it again until all of those waters are settled. Anabelle is a part of the Conjuring universe, so falls under the same umbrella.

Can you explain the King thing to me? Or just point me to a thread that already has if it’s there. Is it just he doesn’t like haunted houses so they can’t use his stories?

Can you explain the King thing to me? Or just point me to a thread that already has if it’s there. Is it just he doesn’t like haunted houses so they can’t use his stories?
That's pretty much it. He doesn't sell his rights to haunts to use. Because he was involved in the production of IT, and trusted WB with the story, they were the exception.

Universal found a loophole with The Shining - King signed away the ability to approve licensing of the film. Even when he caught wind Universal was doing it, he tried to stop them. The compromise was not using his name in any capacity.

The whole King being anti-haunt thing is perplexing to me. Given that he is seemingly happy to sell the rights to his books for crappy films to be made of them, it's odd that he won't sell the rights for haunted houses.

He can do as he pleases with the IPs he has created of course, just bizarre.

The whole King being anti-haunt thing is perplexing to me. Given that he is seemingly happy to sell the rights to his books for crappy films to be made of them, it's odd that he won't sell the rights for haunted houses.

He can do as he pleases with the IPs he has created of course, just bizarre.

Yeah since he is a fan of horror I would think he would be supportive for a house based on his books/movies. I know I would be very enthusiastic and involved. But then again not everyone thinks the same so I have to respect that.

Posts like this make me feel old.. I wonder how old your grandmother actually is.. :) The great thing about Horror Nights is that there really is no age restriction (except for the very young). During HHN 25, I had my 75 year old mother and stepfather at the event with me. They went into every single house and absolutely loved it. It was one of my most memorable experiences at HHN for a lot of reasons, and it was a blast to have my Mom there to share it with us.

I was hoping for an official announcement this week as well, but if I had to bet, I'd say we are waiting until next week. After that, they can just roll along with more consistent announcements (I would hope), since we will already be in July which means the start of the event would only be two months away! I cannot believe that!
If you are curious, they are in their 70's. It's funny I took my husband with me to HHN 25, his first HHN. He was terrified of going 'cause he really didn't like anything horror. Now he is excited every year for going and we have since always done multi-night trips. My grandmother likes horror so I just know she would enjoy herself. I also told them they are eating some pizza fries haha.

For what it's worth, the lawsuit was dismissed, I believe.