Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you implying? New permits for the south site get filed just about daily. And the construction of the BOH infrastructure is well underway.

What are you implying? New permits for the south site get filed just about daily. And the construction of the BOH infrastructure is well underway.
Good. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything. Just actually asking if anyone had an update on action as I hadn't heard much. Without bio flying over I don't have visuals to look over lol.

If this is happening, and UOR wants that acreage, I don't see anything happening on it that would threaten progress on the south property, given what they've already done to the south to get the land ready. I'd see this land being used for plans further in the future than FW.

Reactions: truejonas
Haha no worries! I don't see this happening either - there's so many hurdles involved in moving a school. Plus Universal already has their plate full of projects for the foreseeable future - why do this now?!

Reactions: Alicia
Haha no worries! I don't see this happening either - there's so many hurdles involved in moving a school. Plus Universal already has their plate full of projects for the foreseeable future - why do this now?!

Only situation I can see: County was looking to move the school already. Approached Uni about buying the land, Uni jumped on it.

Land wouldn’t be used for park expansion as is. No way they can get it zoned for that. But Uni could move back of house operations taking up valuable real estate on the current campus over that way.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Only situation I can see: County was looking to move the school already. Approached Uni about buying the land, Uni jumped on it.

Land wouldn’t be used for park expansion as is. No way they can get it zoned for that. But Uni could move back of house operations taking up valuable real estate on the current campus over that way.

That's what I see. Moving back of house stuff across the road could allow for some decent expansion in the parks. It allows for Lost Continent to expand beyond the park boundary. Pull an Indiana Jones by having the showbuilding way back. A land could also be created for USF with a pathway between Mummy and F&F.

Maybe not huge developments but it gives breathing space to a cramped resort.

If you want to throw something wild out there. Move the staff parking across the road and build a HP hotel leading directly into Diagon.

Where would the school be moving to?

Not many people besides Universal own a large enough parcel of land within the school's area.

Where would the school be moving to?

Not many people besides Universal own a large enough parcel of land within the school's area.

Throwing this out there: they may not need a parcel of land anywhere near the current size for a new school. I'm not sure when that school was built or how large the student population has grown since it was built, but many high schools are forced to use the "mobile classrooms" (trailers) for expansion/overflow and admin space when the original building(s) can no longer meet demand. If that campus is currently sprawled out across buildings and mobile units, building a new school allows them to build up and not out, and to better allow for future student growth. Even with rec buildings/fields, this would require less room than the current acreage. A plan like this could have been in talks for awhile before having to go public with it. If the district has land available but it's been tied up until now, that may be.

Also, as a way to save on overhead, many school districts in our area make use of municipal rec buildings and fields for some sports and just maintain one football field and indoor gymnasium for the others. Not sure how things work in that county, but it would give the school other options if they've desperately needed more room for students, classes and admins.

Reactions: truejonas
Is this area too far from the area the school services? I assume so, but it's Uni land that we don't know a current use for.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 7.19.21 PM.png

I would imagine they view this land as valuable for the general resort to max efficiency at the south property wather it is additional hotels or another waterpark to leave space for a full additional park at the south property.

Status
Not open for further replies.