Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 606 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, really. One only has to look at the hotels Disney is bringing on vs Universal's. One is a locals-heavy park and the other, for all intended purposes, is completely focused on destination tourism. Hell, you still can't get airport transportation through Universal without a full vacation package that includes their meal plan, and even then it's $30-40/person. They're in a totally different league and it's unfair to treat them as such. There is no 1:1 comparison and it's borderline lunacy to view them as equals.

So yes, a JW retheme will do just what it needs to do to get enough of the spotlight during WDWs 50th. It certainly doesn't need to go head to head against it and it's hilarious to suggest that it should.

Again, until park 3 comes online w/ its hotels. Then we can have that conversation.
Yeah how many years of a head start did Disney have to start their theme park empire? It’s still a pretty big gap

Reactions: Andysol
Universal Orlando Resort as a whole is a response to WDW. Its following a similar, and successful model of in house IP attractions, adding in hotels to make it a theme park resort. Of course they've continued to grow and be successful and will always be the clear #2 to Disney. Even with Potter. What Potter did though was game changing in terms of level of immersion and it truly put Universal on the map for vacationing. They didn't "steal" money from Disney, but owning more market share has forced Disney to respond and "compete" with the same level of immersion in their attractions. Hence why we have Galaxy's Edge. Im frankly not sure we would have ever gotten a Star Wars land of that size without Potter.

Basically, Universal has forced some form of response from Disney. No, its in no way 1:1 comparison, simply based on sheer size of the resorts, but I don't think anyone can deny a lot of what WDW is doing now is a response to Universal's rise in Orlando. Potter helped that rise, helped bring in more money and guests. But, adding in the 3rd theme park is the true game changer here. All of what Universal has done in the last 10 years or so has really built up to this. Lets see what they do with park 3, then we can decide maybe if competition is really beginning or not.

Kinda

(I think this is gonna end up being a screwy situation)

Ugh. Confusing to go with Intamin for a family coaster and with Mack for a "thrill" coaster. At least, I hope this is actually a thrill coaster, and not a "thrill coaster" as defined by those who consider Hagrid a "thrill coaster." Don't get me wrong, Hagrid's is a damn good addition to the park (technical difficulties notwithstanding) but with FW supposedly being a "family park," this should be on the same level as Maverick thrill wise.

Anyway, the permit says "completed by 4/27/21." Does that mean "at latest" or is that the completion date they're looking for?

Last edited:
Been at Universal since Monday, and finally got a chance to ride Jurassic Park. When did they remove the two tiny dinosaurs fighting over the torn shirt? I know when I was here last year, you could see the mechanics in the one dinosaur cause its one leg was ripped open.

Reactions: therock
Just an fyi on that Bryce Dallas Howard thing from a few pages ago its from the Jurassic World Evolution game her character Claire has a new DLC called Claire's Sanctuary that has just been added into the game.

Just an fyi on that Bryce Dallas Howard thing from a few pages ago its from the Jurassic World Evolution game her character Claire has a new DLC called Claire's Sanctuary that has just been added into the game.
Yeah she mentions it in the caption but she started off my mentioning other mediums where she is her character and said (roller coaster) which got everyone talking

Been at Universal since Monday, and finally got a chance to ride Jurassic Park. When did they remove the two tiny dinosaurs fighting over the torn shirt? I know when I was here last year, you could see the mechanics in the one dinosaur cause its one leg was ripped open.
Maybe the little guys are away for maintenance?

Maybe the little guys are away for maintenance?

As of June 1, they were actually still there but immobile and covered with netting. No idea why they aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.