Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little weird that one of the t shirts says 85ft vertical drop right?

Does confirm there is a secret mosasurus in the splash down pool though :shrug:

Not blown away by any of the merch they have shown so far. Not sure what I was expecting, but it feels a little like a missed opportunity. Was hoping for a chocolate dino egg or something 'fun' rather than the usual.

Obviously could be better in person with the full range.

Does confirm there is a secret mosasurus in the splash down pool though :shrug:

Not blown away by any of the merch they have shown so far. Not sure what I was expecting, but it feels a little like a missed opportunity. Was hoping for a chocolate dino egg or something 'fun' rather than the usual.

Obviously could be better in person with the full range.
I kinda like the men's blue, long sleeve with the small 'Jurassic World' on the chest, but the silver-y JW tumbler is pretty cheap. It's a giant sticker over a silver tumbler. A lot of them I've seen aren't even put on very well.
I do like the small circle pins though. Got a set last time I was there.

Slightly off topic, but are there any rumors of replacing The Mummy with the inverted power coaster going to Beijing? Seems like they’re leaning towards making Jurassic World could be a fully fleshed-out land, but I don’t know if this was addressed or not.

Slightly off topic, but are there any rumors of replacing The Mummy with the inverted power coaster going to Beijing? Seems like they’re leaning towards making Jurassic World could be a fully fleshed-out land, but I don’t know if this was addressed or not.

I think this will be all the JW we get unfortunately. When Mummy goes I expect it to be for a new IP and to open up the LL to the right.

If I had to choose though, I'd say the Gyrosphere ride for beijing sounds a lot more interesting than the family coaster.

Y’all he’s trolling you.
No no no! He's right! That same friend also heard that the ride will actually have REAL dinosaurs and that the ride has up and running this entire time. All of the construction was just camouflage and the original JP ride kept going, but with these real-life dinosaurs and now it will be open to the public. There really is a John Hammond and this ride is the realization of his life's work.

If Universal does announce an opening date today does anyone know what time they usually drop news? Would it be in the morning or anytime during the day?

Hi guys - i am new to the boards but really think this is a great group! I was also curious about what happened with that whole VIP party setup that someone had posted about a week back. Somewhere near the queue, dressed up tables were seen, are they still there? Does that area seem to still be for an event/announcement or something?

Cheers

Hi guys - i am new to the boards but really think this is a great group! I was also curious about what happened with that whole VIP party setup that someone had posted about a week back. Somewhere near the queue, dressed up tables were seen, are they still there? Does that area seem to still be for an event/announcement or something?

Cheers
Not sure but they had 2 corporate events that day at the park. could have been for 1 of those.

Cheers
Welcome! It's always great to get new thoughts and perspectives in threads :) From the sound and look of it, it doesn't seem like it's set up anymore. There's been a few groups of people that have ridden the ride; industry people, corporate VIPs, workers. No TMs yet, based on what people have said.

Welcome! It's always great to get new thoughts and perspectives in threads :) From the sound and look of it, it doesn't seem like it's set up anymore. There's been a few groups of people that have ridden the ride; industry people, corporate VIPs, workers. No TMs yet, based on what people have said.

Thanks. I am wondering if it was tied to the filming that they were doing around the same time. perhaps it was for that crew.

Totally unrelated to that, i hear folks speculate (a lot of that since no formal intel) about soft openings. Has Universal had soft openings in the past and, if so, are they typically open to the public? Regardless, since i am headed there for Saturday, i have already convinced myself that I will get in and there will be a big sign with a date...just not when i am there.

I wonder if Universal Management comes here when they have a bad day just to read this thread and laugh at how badly we want this..and how we have Zero info about when its opening.

I wonder if Universal Management comes here when they have a bad day just to read this thread and laugh at how badly we want this..and how we have Zero info about when its opening.
I'm sure they do. If I still worked there and we had forums like this in the 90s, I would be reading it. All the speculations of "soft openings, previews, I heard this, I heard that, TMs first, those might be executives ridings", is quite funny and entertaining.

Oh, there are for sure some digital marketing managers laughing at us right now, no question. I know people who work for Hulu and they lurk message boards all the time, it's part of consumer research. I have to imagine they do the same for both theme parks. They probably lurk the HHN threads with a bag of popcorn and a glass of wine, lol

Oh, there are for sure some digital marketing managers laughing at us right now, no question. I know people who work for Hulu and they lurk message boards all the time, it's part of consumer research. I have to imagine they do the same for both theme parks. They probably lurk the HHN threads with a bag of popcorn and a glass of wine, lol
*sigh*….. So, guys.... I have a confession. I didn't know you all would find out.....

There were always past rumors of WDW social media employees trolling anti Universal stuff also.

Status
Not open for further replies.