Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

If you really need to know the new IP it has been leaked elsewhere on the internet. I stumbled across it yesterday on another HHN discussion forum.

If you really need to know the new IP it has been leaked elsewhere on the internet. I stumbled across it yesterday on another HHN discussion forum.
This is what I don't get. A lot of posters on here act like insiders but no one will say anything in a speculation forum where everything has already been spoiled. Isn't that the point? I'm sure no one is coming here looking for Universal disinformation. Even Legacy acted like he always knew about the change, of course, after scoffing at the possibility but then was forced to confirm it after it was leaked elsewhere. I could do that too. I'm not sure anyone on here knows anything and, obviously, it has been stated as every possible option has been mentioned.

This is what I don't get. A lot of posters on here act like insiders but no one will say anything in a speculation forum where everything has already been spoiled. Isn't that the point? I'm sure no one is coming here looking for Universal disinformation. Even Legacy acted like he always knew about the change, of course, after scoffing at the possibility but then was forced to confirm it after it was leaked elsewhere. I could do that too. I'm not sure anyone on here knows anything and, obviously, it has been stated as every possible option has been mentioned.

I don't want to speak on behalf of Legacy, or anyone on here, but I think after what happened with GoT some of the insiders have decided to be a lot more cautious with how much they reveal. And rightly so.

Obviously some just want to be the first to break a story, so announce it anyway. That's why it's available on some other sites. My 2 cents.

I don't want to speak on behalf of Legacy, or anyone on here, but I think after what happened with GoT some of the insiders have decided to be a lot more cautious with how much they reveal. And rightly so.

Obviously some just want to be the first to break a story, so announce it anyway. That's why it's available on some other sites. My 2 cents.
This goes on every year even though a very accurate speculation map is created early in the process so what is everyone hiding? Where does that come from? Apparently secrecy is not as big a deal as others make it out of be. Anyway, the Reddit seems to confirm it's 'Us' which contradicts what Legacy said about people clamoring for it since no one cares about that being a house. The statement he made about it just being offered in May is strange as well. If it's a Universal movie why would it have to be offered and why would it be so late if it was their IP? It doesn't make sense and makes it look like some of these so called insiders are not.

This goes on every year even though a very accurate speculation map is created early in the process so what is everyone hiding? Where does that come from? Apparently secrecy is not as big a deal as others make it out of be. Anyway, the Reddit seems to confirm it's 'Us' which contradicts what Legacy said about people clamoring for it since no one cares about that being a house. The statement he made about it just being offered in May is strange as well. If it's a Universal movie why would it have to be offered and why would it be so late if it was their IP? It doesn't make sense and makes it look like some of these so called insiders are not.

I care.

If the scissor comments by legacy is a legitimate real hint then it’s most definitely US. She’s holding Scissors on the poster of the movie and the people have scissors in their hands throughout the movie. Orrrrrr he could just be trying to throw us off lol

I don't know the answers to most of what you are asking because I am not one of the insiders, but regarding nobody caring about an 'Us' house, if you go back through this thread to the weeks following the release of Us, a fair number of people were saying it would make a great house and wanted it to come to the event.

I don't know the answers to most of what you are asking because I am not one of the insiders, but regarding nobody caring about an 'Us' house, if you go back through this thread to the weeks following the release of Us, a fair number of people were saying it would make a great house and wanted it to come to the event.
Compared to GOT or It? Not really. Those are IPs that you could say people were asking for.

Compared to GOT or It? Not really. Those are IPs that you could say people were asking for.

I'm probably going to disagree with you on that one, lol.

Just got out of seeing 'Us'. Absolutely brilliant film. I would say it was better than Get Out and I am excited for whatever else Peele does.
On the topic of HHN I think it could stand alone as a house by itself, and would prefer that over a mixed Blumhouse house.

After all of this is done, I am interested in hearing the whole story of how this all came about. Two houses being scrapped mid-build is always bound to cause some problems and I’m excited to see the work arounds they come up with.

I am curious to hear more about Graveyard myself, if that is even it’s real name at this point lol. That has always been the one we’ve known the least about besides the whole GOT drama. I think it could end up being either really simplistic or really complex depending on how the concept is set up.

Yeah they know things but intentionally leaking stuff gets people fired and your sources removed.

Yeah they know things but intentionally leaking stuff gets people fired and your sources removed.
I understand that but the point is that a lot seems to get leaked every year with no consequences.

I'm probably going to disagree with you on that one, lol.
Just because you want to see it doesn't make it a more popular property than the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you want to see it doesn't make it a more popular property than the other two.

I don't think anyone said it was a more popular property, just that it had been requested by HHN fans.

I'm really not wanting to come across as an a-hole to you here, but I think you are taking the speculation a bit too seriously. It's all a bit of fun to get people hyped for the event. Don't stress about what has or has not been revealed.

I don't think anyone said it was a more popular property, just that it had been requested by HHN fans.

I'm really not wanting to come across as an a-hole to you here, but I think you are taking the speculation a bit too seriously. It's all a bit of fun to get people hyped for the event. Don't stress about what has or has not been revealed.
That's my point. People who may know are teasing the rest of us who are looking for legitimate information which is being used to make decisions on whether to plan a vacation for a particular year. Not all of us live in Apopka so knowing what the houses are is extremely important and a curve ball this late is significant so toying with other posters is somewhat nasty. The fact that it's all hidden is bad business in my opinion and Universal should understand this so don't tell me to not to worry about it. Trips to Orlando cost quite a bit of money and if I was coming based upon something I wanted to see that they arbitrarily scrapped at the last moment I'd be pissed. Especially if it was as stupid an IP as 'Us'.

That's my point. People who may know are teasing the rest of us who are looking for legitimate information which is being used to make decisions on whether to plan a vacation for a particular year. Not all of us live in Apopka so knowing what the houses are is extremely important and a curve ball this late is significant so toying with other posters is somewhat nasty. The fact that it's all hidden is bad business in my opinion and Universal should understand this so don't tell me to not to worry about it. Trips to Orlando cost quite a bit of money and if I was coming based upon something I wanted to see that they arbitrarily scrapped at the last moment I'd be pissed. Especially if it was as stupid an IP as 'Us'.
I decided to go to HHN 2019 in October of last year. I am a fan and there will always be houses I am excited for and ones that could win me over. I live in Vermont. I am relatively poor. People can't just blurt out info. This is a game. Maybe you should find a place that isn't here or HNN where people are fools and spoil things and don't care who gets fired. We lost a house because of what was written after spec happened. This isn't just some frivolous information dump. Also, the map wouldn't exist if no one knew anything. I'm going back to bed.

Last edited:
You're saying we're going off on tangents that aren't close but Legacy said it was already named. Which is it? This is a speculation thread so people should able to do just that without the threats. What difference does it make if it's found out? It's going to be announced in two weeks anyway and the entire lineup was spoiled six months ago.

The difference is that leaking out news that’s not insiders to tell is capable of causing a domino effect that hits people’s actual lives. Now for me, I don’t think my anxiousness and curiosity over a Halloween event is important enough for people to lose jobs and get blacklisted, but again, maybe that’s just me.

But he did know about it, I’ve known about it, there are many people that know about it but, again, nobody’s going to confirm anything people guess because it’s not our news to share. I mentioned June 6 for a reason. He’s worded his posts in regards to this topic when it came up in the past for a reason. I’ve responded that there’s nothing to worry about for a reason. Nobody wanted this to leak out because we’ve all seen just how bad the consequences are when things leak out. I thought @Legacy made it a point to explain why it’s so important to not outright leak things, and yet here we are.

At this point I honestly don’t know what else to say or do to drive the point home that leaks have consequences and that is why everyone that knows something is still saying nothing.

And one more thing...what’s really nasty is people feeling so entitled to information to a Halloween event for a potential vacation that they’d rather see people lose their jobs over it.

Last edited: