Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there’s still yet more grading to be done, or, at least some drainage ponds and other lower sections to be dug.

Yeah, not to mention a ton of underground drainage. This thing might not go vertical for 2 or more years. lol Those warehouses and parking at the north end will probably be done before we see any real work on the park area.

Alright, maybe not vertical construction. But I'd be surprised if we didn't see a ton of foundation work at this time next year, judging by how Beijing/SNW are going.

Reactions: Mike S
Holy crap, the earthwork going on on the edge of the property next to Destination Parkway is impressive! Driving past it this afternoon there's a huge pit being dug which I assume is the start of a lake/retention pond. It is really deep...
Hopefully they dump Fast & Furious in it and bury it deep so no one ever finds it. ;):lol:

Holy crap, the earthwork going on on the edge of the property next to Destination Parkway is impressive! Driving past it this afternoon there's a huge pit being dug which I assume is the start of a lake/retention pond. It is really deep...
Yay! Good good good.

At what point would they find a potential sink hole in the area? Have we already passed that point?

I assume the land is good to go

I'm fairly certain the digging is just an enormous retention pond for the parking lot and park. I'm just kind of shocked at the depth. It's deeper than the huge dump trucks are tall (30-40' deep).

Status
Not open for further replies.