Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot .png
I noticed that Jurassic World has been added to the site! Its been on the site, but never featured in the "Spotlight Section?" The description says: "Brace yourself for the opening of this new ride". It wasn't normally described like that. This could easily just be me thinking way to into this..

So I talked to a lead working for Jurassic World. I have some exciting news! He told me how to really pronounce Isla Nublar! It's Eye-la New-Blar. So there you go! At long last!
Odd. That should not be correct. It should be pronounced as in the book (In The Lost World they explained that they are called "Las Cinco Muertes" from a folk tale from locals (unlike the movie that they explain because a lot of people die there), so the names are clearly in Spanish, so it should be pronunced E-sla Nublar (or an i with short sound). Sorry I am a geek like that
Agreed. Don't forget Isla Nu-Bar (how is that pronounced again?). Although I've probably dropped a Gold pass worth of money there on drinks visiting everyday waiting for the ride to open.
Answer above. I do believe the lead got it wrong.
View attachment 10068

We’ve been through this before.

Don’t worry man, this ain’t Theme Park Review....just don’t double post. They don’t like that.
I don't understand why the hate with "double posting". One it is not double posting since it's a post for different topics. If it was the same post over and over again I would understand. Second, it's almost the same amount of space used and it's harder to read and respond to those multiquote posts (like this one) because it's like reading 6 different conversations all at once and you lose track of what you were answering to if you want to respond only one comment of the original post. They do take this like a personal offense. Baffles me

Odd. That should not be correct. It should be pronounced as in the book (In The Lost World they explained that they are called "Las Cinco Muertes" from a folk tale from locals (unlike the movie that they explain because a lot of people die there), so the names are clearly in Spanish, so it should be pronunced E-sla Nublar (or an i with short sound). Sorry I am a geek like that

Answer above. I do believe the lead got it wrong.

I don't understand why the hate with "double posting". One it is not double posting since it's a post for different topics. If it was the same post over and over again I would understand. Second, it's almost the same amount of space used and it's harder to read and respond to those multiquote posts (like this one) because it's like reading 6 different conversations all at once and you lose track of what you were answering to if you want to respond only one comment of the original post. They do take this like a personal offense. Baffles me
Its a rule to prevent clutter. I applaud this forum for being well organized and not look like it was made in the early 2000's

Its a rule to prevent clutter. I applaud this forum for being well organized and not look like it was made in the early 2000's
It's also a storage thing. A long single post takes up less overall storage and bandwidth than multiple posts covering the same things. Each individual post stores metadata for that post and poster, and pages/threads load based on number of posts- not length.

Some people don’t realize they may be double posting. They don’t read all the posts. Happens on all sites.

Among other reasons, but mainly because of this:

Its a rule to prevent clutter.

It's also a storage thing. A long single post takes up less overall storage and bandwidth than multiple posts covering the same things. Each individual post stores metadata for that post and poster, and pages/threads load based on number of posts- not length.

It doesn't matter if it baffles you, those are the rules. It also is a pretty common rule on a majority of forums since ever, so this is nothing new. It's also something that really takes a minimal effort to comply with.

I’m at the park right now. Doesn’t look like it since the entrance is closed off but I saw people on boats. Presumably TMs

For what it's worth, I've gathered thanks to a few of the amount of TM's riding the attraction increasing for the past few days.

If they are to soft open today, I am going to guess later in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.