Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I messed around with the layouts on Google maps. I used the old Kidzone plan to try and scale the Yoshi layout. It wasn't exact as the building perimeter on the layout, the water plan, and the model down't all line up. Ballpark it came out to 550 ft. For comparison, Buzz came out to 650 ft.

I messed around with the layouts on Google maps. I used the old Kidzone plan to try and scale the Yoshi layout. It wasn't exact as the building perimeter on the layout, the water plan, and the model down't all line up. Ballpark it came out to 550 ft. For comparison, Buzz came out to 650 ft.
So probably about 3 and 1/2 minutes ride time, although it could actually be anywhere between 3 and 4 depending on the ride speed. That seems pretty reasonable if we consider scene timings of around 1 min - 1 min - 45 sec - 45 sec.

I kinda hope that they don't. There's really no need for it.
I'm hoping FW has tons of attractions. Some filler would help in this goal. Every added attraction can boost park capacity, and get Universal closer to the size of Disney.

I look at some of the space at IOA and USF and think to myself how a "flat ride could fit there"... Kang and Kodos is a perfect example of them pulling the trigger on using a small bit of space for a flat. There's a bunch of tiny areas like that though, Green Eggs And Ham is one that sticks out to me.

Slowly catching up and just read the article everyone's talking about. Great article, btw, @Alicia. I'm wondering if some of the final outdoor scenes for Yoshi will be spoiled since it sounds like you should be able to see it from Peach's Castle. Hope the ride will last at least 3-4 minutes. Other than the load/unload, the rest of the track is a literal loop with no switchbacks found on most other dark rides.

Slowly catching up and just read the article everyone's talking about. Great article, btw, @Alicia. I'm wondering if some of the final outdoor scenes for Yoshi will be spoiled since it sounds like you should be able to see it from Peach's Castle. Hope the ride will last at least 3-4 minutes. Other than the load/unload, the rest of the track is a literal loop with no switchbacks found on most other dark rides.

You can see the two final scenes marked on her drawing in the model pics that got leaked. Can't really tell what's going on, but you can see them.

There are elevation changes however, which I do not speak of in the story.

Super Mario Galaxy is a must

I do wonder if they'll create some original tracks for the land as well

I feel like they're not going to go with too much of the 8-bit style stuff

Yeah, I would think they'd use an orchestral interpretation of those classic tunes? I'm not sure if someone already posted this, but this essentially...

Last edited: