Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Literally posted on this page about an hour and a half ago.

1-When I replied to whoever it was, I had not seen your post.
2-NOBODY said "move on" through the duration of the Us "opinion" discussion until you posted a generic "when we say move on..."
3-I wasn't hammering my Us "opinion" - I was responding to the Us house and how I might see it but might not given its location. My post was a general scheme for attacking the houses.
4-When you finally said "when we say move on..." it wasn't in reference to anything specific because, again, nobody had said "move on" - especially in regards to discussing how to attack and prioritize houses.
5-ALL the other posts which actually are arguing opinions on the movie Us are still up.

1-When I replied to whoever it was, I had not seen your post.
2-NOBODY said "move on" through the duration of the Us "opinion" discussion until you posted a generic "when we say move on..."
3-I wasn't hammering my Us "opinion" - I was responding to the Us house and how I might see it but might not given its location. My post was a general scheme for attacking the houses.
4-When you finally said "when we say move on..." it wasn't in reference to anything specific because, again, nobody had said "move on" - especially in regards to discussing how to attack and prioritize houses.
5-ALL the other posts which actually are arguing opinions on the movie Us are still up.

I’m not looking for a discussion. I said drop it now. Move on.

Where would I go to find a full explanation on the King/WB/It/rights issue?

It’s been talked about multiple times but really it boils down to :

King don’t like haunted houses

HHN got the Shining thanks to a Stanley Kubrick loophole and pissed him off, so anything from him will be...tough.

King lets WB use It because they produced / distributed (I’m bad at movie terms) It.

HHN got the Shining thanks to a Stanley Kubrick loophole and pissed him off, so anything from him will be...tough.

King lets WB use It because they produced / distributed (I’m bad at movie terms) It.

Essentially, anything King owns the rights to (so probably anything published past 82 or so) will never be seen in a haunted house until King either dies or changes his mind.

Also, WB did their own haunt last year (and likely will again next year). So, they have little to no interest licensing out their current biggest property to a potential competitor.

Essentially, anything King owns the rights to (so probably anything published past 82 or so) will never be seen in a haunted house until King either dies or changes his mind.

And that's another reason why I'm hoping HHN does NOS4A2 in the next few years. It was written by King's son Joe Hill, and if anyone can help bring that wall down, it's him.

Also, WB did their own haunt last year (and likely will again next year). So, they have little to no interest licensing out their current biggest property to a potential competitor.

And that's another reason why I'm hoping HHN does NOS4A2 in the next few years. It was written by King's son Joe Hill, and if anyone can help bring that wall down, it's him.
Um, the wb backlot is being shut down. And also, hollywood is literally having creepshow this year.

Um, the wb backlot is being shut down. And also, hollywood is literally having creepshow this year.

Two things. Creepshow still isn't 100% confirmed, and may possibly be from the new Shudder series coming this year.

If it is the Classic Creepshow, there is possibly a loophole with the rights. Probably that Romero's estate has the merchandising rights or something similar, like what happened with The Shining.

Isn't the show like, not good?

Also, there's been a lot of discussion on the USH forum, but it seriously sounds like Warner is bowing out of the haunt arena. For one, they're apparently bulldozing part of their backlot sets to build condos. No clue on how much they're getting rid of - it could very well only be part of it, but the grounds aren't that extensive anyway, so I'm not sure how much financial sense that makes - but they also sent out an email when they decided to take this year off said something to the effect of "we have exciting news for the backlot" or something. IDK, could be nothing, but to me, that phrase combined with the rumors and the news that the park isn't coming back this year makes it sound like Warner has decided it's not worth trying to build up an HHN competitor and are gonna drastically scale back their "park" into, say, an interactive museum or something like that.

Also, there's been a lot of discussion on the USH forum, but it seriously sounds like Warner is bowing out of the haunt arena. For one, they're apparently bulldozing part of their backlot sets to build condos. No clue on how much they're getting rid of - it could very well only be part of it, but the grounds aren't that extensive anyway, so I'm not sure how much financial sense that makes - but they also sent out an email when they decided to take this year off said something to the effect of "we have exciting news for the backlot" or something.

Website still says "check back for updates in 2020". Not saying they can't change their mind but...*shrug*

Website still says "check back for updates in 2020". Not saying they can't change their mind but...*shrug*

Could very well be I'm just flapping my lips. But it is worth noting that the parts of the backlot directly adjacent to the condos - the part that's presumably gonna be sold off - include the area where Camp Crystal Lake was last year. Selling that parcel off would also put the condos directly in the backyard of where the main event was held (French/New York streets). I honestly think WB is just gonna try and keep the soundstages and maybe some token sets, like what Sony has in Culver City, but who knows.

EDIT: more on topic, is Nos4A2 that good? I keep hearing mixed things, like "it's so slow," so idk. Is it getting good enough ratings to justify a maze?

Last edited:

To further this thought, I’m also fairly certain copyrights extend even well passed the death of the holder... so it may be even longer than that until we could see some of his properties. But I think I remember hearing that his name isn’t as heavily attached to the IT remake and it’s a higher possibility? Could be wrong tho.

EDIT: more on topic, is Nos4A2 that good? I keep hearing mixed things, like "it's so slow," so idk. Is it getting good enough ratings to justify a maze?

I really enjoyed it, but I loved the book too. It definitely deviates a lot from the book, but still stays true to the themes. Plus, tons of potential for a house.

As for ratings, no idea. AMC really fumbled that release in my opinion, but it will also start streaming on Shudder in a few weeks, so it may be able to pick up a bigger audience there. I'm really hoping for a two season run, which would be perfect if you know the book.

To further this thought, I’m also fairly certain copyrights extend even well passed the death of the holder... so it may be even longer than that until we could see some of his properties. But I think I remember hearing that his name isn’t as heavily attached to the IT remake and it’s a higher possibility? Could be wrong tho.
This isn't a copyright issue, though, closer to likeness rights. Someone smarter than me, maybe seventy one, could be more specific.

I gave up on it after 3 episodes. Really enjoyed the book but the series was too slow and just changed things in really irritating ways.

I gave up on it after 3 episodes. Really enjoyed the book but the series was too slow and just changed things in really irritating ways.

Same. I really liked it to begin with but then it just got harder for me to want to continue watching.

That being said, I'd still love a house based on it.