Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll wait for KFP's Beijing exclusivity to go up and bring that land over to Park 3.
Ya, could be on one of the expansion plots for sure. Id think they'd want KFP to open with this however. But how long is the exclusivity there? Isn't FW not going to open until 2023/2024 anyways? If not later?

Ya, could be on one of the expansion plots for sure. Id think they'd want KFP to open with this however. But how long is the exclusivity there? Isn't FW not going to open until 2023/2024 anyways? If not later?
And Beijing is slated to open 2021 or later... So that would put exclusivity at a minimum of two years but more likely longer.

If it's anything like Shanghai's exclusivity, which I would imagine it is, it'll be 5 years. So assuming the park opens in 23, it won't be able to open a KFP land until 26.

At which point... who will want it?
Unless they plan on making more KFP movies but feels like the franchise has come to an end.

I'd love a KFP land but if it's exclusive to Beijing I think we may end up with something else either for opening or as an expansion.

Even if it's speculation, it'd make sense considering the involvement that China's tourism is seemingly having in politics with NBCU/Comcast to have an exclusivity cause for attractions specificially developed for Universal Beijing Resort.

Keep in mind, Panda once USB opens; will have a presence as an attraction already in UPR, with Kung Fu Panda Adventure @ DWT for Universal Hollywood. I'd wager IP's are safe, but attractions are different matters altogether in the context of an Exclusivity contract..

Last edited:
After seeing the first two episodes of Dreamworks Animation Where's Waldo tv show, I would not be surprised if an attraction(s) is/are made for the Hub specifically using that IP. One of the characters wizard who has the wanderglobe and the ability to send adventurers anywhere with a magic portal and it literally has a SEA like element with the World Wide Wanderer's Society.

I seem to recall his concept of a central hub free of theme park admission, leading to separate paid worlds, has been largely debunked by IU Insiders, that it is no longer an operational concept. .
This is what I have now heard as well. That was my fault while recording this as I wasn’t yet made aware of that change.
Love it man, great job
Thank you!

Also, with technology constantly changing it's only a matter of time before it becomes obsolete.
Hardware is what has a hard time keeping up. Software can be easily replaced or upgraded.

If Universal said "bring your own device" and asked people to download their app, it would rely on people to update their own tech (which they do), and Universal only needs to update the software.

I like the interactive elements with wands at Diagon and Hogsmeade. It's a neat, optional bonus for guests to enjoy and really helps bring the area to life. Every theme park (and lands within them) should aim to replicate this in some way, whether that be finding Waldo in AR or catching Pokemon. Even adding optional interactive elements for a show might be neat... I would love to shoot down a drone dressed as a Dementor, for example.

But I disagree with adding it as a necessity for an attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.