Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 557 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if the problems with Volcano Bay may have an effect on Universal's future plans in regard to a second water park. It could accelerate the plans for a second one (to try and take the pressure off VB), or it might make Universal shy away from the idea of building another water park. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped working with Pro-Slide and went with White Water for the next water park or any future expansions of VB.

I'm starting to wonder if the problems with Volcano Bay may have an effect on Universal's future plans in regard to a second water park. It could accelerate the plans for a second one (to try and take the pressure off VB), or it might make Universal shy away from the idea of building another water park. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped working with Pro-Slide and went with White Water for the next water park or any future expansions of VB.
I don't think it will have much impact in the short term. I figure that a second water park is probably at least 10 years away, and I doubt that VB has been enough of a disaster for them to completely drop a second water park from the long range plans. When they do actually start discussing plans for that second water park (after the opening of FW), I imagine that there will be some tough conversations about what they need to do to not repeat the problems they have had with Volcano Bay.

But a lot could change - both technologically and culturally - between now and then, and that could have a significant impact on the design of the park.

So have they started any foundation work for buildings, etc yet? Or are they still one site prep? Just curious.
They are still on site prep.

This can’t be said enough. Apps can be a nice addition but it shouldn’t be anything more than that and it certainly should never be required.
I think they know better, some people barely know how to open Facebook

I don't think it will have much impact in the short term. I figure that a second water park is probably at least 10 years away, and I doubt that VB has been enough of a disaster for them to completely drop a second water park from the long range plans. When they do actually start discussing plans for that second water park (after the opening of FW), I imagine that there will be some tough conversations about what they need to do to not repeat the problems they have had with Volcano Bay.

But a lot could change - both technologically and culturally - between now and then, and that could have a significant impact on the design of the park.

They are still on site prep.
A rocky opening is far from disaster

With the fantastic reviews Hagrid's has received (not withstanding downtime issues, I have yet to read a review of someone that didn't like the ride), it seems the general public and the theme park community has a real hunger for attractions that are a throwback to the Thunder Mountain/Jaws/Splash Mt. etc. type rides (using new, up to date, tech of course) . I think it behooves Universal to have one or two attractions similar in concept to Hagrids/Jaws/Thunder Mt./Splash etc. , for the new park. There's plenty of space, which these types of attractions need, so there's no size limitations like USF & IOA has.

With the fantastic reviews Hagrid's has received (not withstanding downtime issues, I have yet to read a review of someone that didn't like the ride), it seems the general public and the theme park community has a real hunger for attractions that are a throwback to the Thunder Mountain/Jaws/Splash Mt. etc. type rides (using new, up to date, tech of course) . I think it behooves Universal to have one or two attractions similar in concept to Hagrids/Jaws/Thunder Mt./Splash etc. , for the new park. There's plenty of space, which these types of attractions need, so there's no size limitations like USF & IOA has.

DK and How to Train Your Dragon will probably fit that demographic. Especially DK.

You'll hear the same reviews for Jurassic Park next year, mostly because for 99% of all the theme park going public roller coaster = good

I think this is a great point and does seem to be the way UC is headed with Hagrid, JW Coaster having an AA or two on it, Secret Life of Pets which I believe will have a few AAs as well. Great trend!!!

Epic-scale attractions built for real and putting the guest in real themed environments. Whether the ride system is a coaster, boat ride, or something like a more classic dark ride, I'd like to see Fantastic Worlds filled with these to meet the E-ticket quota.

You'll hear the same reviews for Jurassic Park next year, mostly because for 99% of all the theme park going public roller coaster = good

I think a lot more than 1% of all guests will not be riding JP's coaster because of its intensity.

Epic-scale attractions built for real and putting the guest in real themed environments. Whether the ride system is a coaster, boat ride, or something like a more classic dark ride, I'd like to see Fantastic Worlds filled with these to meet the E-ticket quota.
The E-ticket "quota" is typically only 4-6, tops. Rarely more than a quarter of the total available rides.

A coaster like JW is not accessible for everyone anyways with the speed and inversions. Lots of peoples hearts can't handle that. The thrill level itself should turn people off, but doesn't mean it won't be a great attraction. Hagrid gets the "all out" treatment because all of their potential guests can ride. Where as JW accommodates a certain demo, thrill seekers.

Status
Not open for further replies.