Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 560 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my gripe against Orlando being so flat. If it had some uneven terrain, some great things could be done with coasters while still keeping them relatively hidden.
That's what I love about Alton Towers...They can't build above the tree line, which forces them to build some of the most innovative coasters around

That's what I love about Alton Towers...They can't build above the tree line, which forces them to build some of the most innovative coasters around

But it also prevents them from building a lot of rides that other parks get. I think a better example for a park that does the best with its height limit in Phantasialand. God, that park is a masterpiece.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I’m starting to think there won’t be any large-scale outdoor highly visible coasters for the new park. Something like Donkey Kong (or Hagrid) where can’t see it until you’re in front of it maybe. But I think these worlds will be a little more “immersive” and self-contained. IOA is gonna be the giant coasters we can see from the road park (especially after the Jurassic Coaster). This park, probably not so much.

Just a hunch.
Finally someone coming to my side. There isn’t going to be a Hulk like coaster in FW IMO and I stand by that.

Reactions: Magic-Man
But it also prevents them from building a lot of rides that other parks get. I think a better example for a park that does the best with its height limit in Phantasialand. God, that park is a masterpiece.
Oooh yes, I love Phantasialand and hope to go there someday. Unfortunately, as well all know, Universal isn't blessed with being able to go below ground too much unless they pile on the dirt mounds

Finally someone coming to my side. There isn’t going to be a Hulk like coaster in FW IMO and I stand by that.
Nobody said there was going to be...It all started with "wouldn't it be cool if Universal had...."

This is still a Blue Sky thread ya'll

Reactions: Magic-Man
To drop an potential @Andy bomb (because he sometimes does things); seems like he might be teasing some Fantastic news for next week [Check the comments]..

I was only expecting one announcement, that being the BGW Intamin. But I swear to God if I go to sleep one night and wake up to find Fantastic Worlds concept art online, I'm never gonna sleep again.

Hence why I said to check comments.. ;)

That would be hilarious, not gonna lie. Has anyone gotten any media previews or anything that would suggest an announcement on the horizon?

I'm sure Disney will have a media blitz a few days before the east coast launch of Batuu, but outside of that..Bourne's really the only other major attraction left for Orlando in 2019.
__
It could be Andy just being Andy, but I am sincerely hoping that they are indeed going public on UFW (even if it's just announcing the name and it existing).

And admittedly, I would find it hilarious, if Universal tried upstaging GE with an intent to express it as a park full of highly immersive environments ala' Diagon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.