Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. The Hub - I place this last only because it feels like the biggest unknown quantity. Are there going to be any other significant rides here (i.e. not just flat rides) besides the mega-coaster (which I assume will be too extreme/unthemed for me, and therefore don’t expect to ever ride)? I think if Universal could manage to put even one C+/D-ticket dark ride here somewhere (or a dark family coaster along the lines of Space Fantasy), this area could vault up my list.

From what I can tell, there will be a dark ride inside the hub. It's not going to be Space Fantasy though.

I'm also intrigued by these two large buildings by the entrance. @Alicia have you heard much about these? The one on the left certainly looks big enough for an attraction.

I see that as just retail space. Universal's retail stores at the exits are all woefully under sized for theme parks of their caliber. On top of that I'd guess that like Potter, some of the other IPs (Nintendo) may have requirements that their merchandise is kept separate within a main store. You need a store that big to house all the stuff that they will be cranking out!

To push this discussion in a different direction, here's how I rank the lands in order of my excitement for them:

1. Classic Monsters - As a GIGANTIC fan of the Monsters, if Universal nails this land, the rest of the park could be subpar and I’d still come away satisfied. Whether we get one ride, a walk-through, and the show, or two rides, a walk-through, and the show, this has a chance to be an incredibly well-balanced land.

2. Nintendo - Being the land we know the most about already, all of the three major attractions sound great. I have every confidence this area will be exceptional.

3. Wizarding World: Whatever It Is - The massive showbuilding gives the impression there are some pretty big experiences in store inside there. Give me lots of the Fantastic Beasts in animatronic form, and offer rides that don’t borrow heavily from Forbidden Journey/Gringotts/Spider-Man, and this has all the potential in the world to be a terrific land.

4. Berk - The Hagrid-esque family coaster sounds promising, but until I hear more about what the other significant attractions in this land are going to be, I’m holding off getting too enthused. Like with the FB area, I hope for lots of creature animatronics throughout the land and its attractions.

5. The Hub - I place this last only because it feels like the biggest unknown quantity. Are there going to be any other significant rides here (i.e. not just flat rides) besides the mega-coaster (which I assume will be too extreme/unthemed for me, and therefore don’t expect to ever ride)? I think if Universal could manage to put even one C+/D-ticket dark ride here somewhere (or a dark family coaster along the lines of Space Fantasy), this area could vault up my list.

I think anything other than “scary Jungle Cruise starring the Creature” would be kind of disappointing to me, but I share the desire for a Creature boat ride in some form!

Sounds like we’ll probably be waiting for an expansion for that, though.

There are certainly ways to incorporate BOTH Ministries into a single ride if they wanted to do that. Start in Paris, Floo/Apparate to London, etc.

I do hope we get to see London's Ministry, as I think it's just a cooler and more iconic design.

It would need a laid-back dark ride or two to really be comparable.

While there would be time period incongruities, I could live with that in order to get a Slaughtered Lamb. Complete with dartboard and occasional wolf howls off in the distance.

I definitely agree that the Classic Monsters is my most anticipated land as well. Besides Nintendo, UCM has had the least theme park presence that isn’t in the form of another haunted house (unless you count the Mummy ride lol but I don’t be since it’s technically not the classic version): the Wizarding World of course is already Universal parks and HTTYD has a ride I think in Dubai? Seeing those characters and that universe brought to life with the theming and atmosphere of a permanent land is really exciting, and I think a great way to draw in horror fans who don’t necessarily want to go to Halloween Horror Nights lol.

My only question/possible gripe: do you guys think they’re going to redesign the monsters at all? I’m a bit worried they’ll be updated in some way. For example at USH the Frankenstein and Dracula walkaround characters are pretty exact to their original characters, but the mummy walkaround character has an updated, more gory design. That being said, his mask and costume are in black and white, so he’s definitely the “classic” mummy and not from the Brendan Fraserverse lol I’m worried they’ll be redesigned to look like they did at the UCM maze at HHN Hollywood last year- but if they look like they did at the House of Horrors (rip), I would be perfectly fine with that.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for doing these threads. My family and I are sooo excited for the new park. I am glad that I have read rumors on the lands in this park and see they are coming.

CM sounds good and is different for a theme park. I do hope they keep it a little less of a scare factor. I do love the movies but don't like to be scared in person with the monsters. LOL!

SNW sounds and looks great. I am very excited for these rides and the themeing. I would love to see Pokemon put somwhere in Universal. I think Zelda would be a nice expansion also of that area.

HTTYD- I think it looks really cool. My family is a fan of the movies but even if I wasn't I think there is a lot of awesome themeing that could be done for this land.

The Hub looks amazing, as does the coaster. I can never have enough coasters. I think this area will have something for everyone.

FB is the only area I am a little disappointed with. My family and I are HP fans and love the lands and would like it more to go to that story line. I have been following the MM rumors for a long time and was sooo excited for this to come to one of the parks. I would be okay with FB theme as long as they put this in. I think a ride involving MM would be awesome. (biggest wish)

Now I just hope they can have something opened by 2023!!!

My only question/possible gripe: do you guys think they’re going to redesign the monsters at all? I’m a bit worried they’ll be updated in some way. For example at USH the Frankenstein and Dracula walkaround characters are pretty exact to their original characters, but the mummy walkaround character has an updated, more gory design. That being said, his mask and costume are in black and white, so he’s definitely the “classic” mummy and not from the Brendan Fraserverse lol I’m worried they’ll be redesigned to look like they did at the UCM maze at HHN Hollywood last year- but if they look like they did at the House of Horrors (rip), I would be perfectly fine with that.

I think they'll be updated somewhat, but not to the degree they were for HHN. You want the characters recognizable as their iconic forms.

I definitely agree that the Classic Monsters is my most anticipated land as well. Besides Nintendo, UCM has had the least theme park presence that isn’t in the form of another haunted house (unless you count the Mummy ride lol but I don’t be since it’s technically not the classic version). Seeing those characters and that universe brought to life with the theming and atmosphere of a permanent land is really exciting, and I think a great way to draw in horror fans who don’t necessarily want to go to Halloween Horror Nights lol.

I'm hoping it's more like:
dr-steins-laboratory-the-revenge-of-frankenstein-blood-of-frankenstein-BPA5ND.jpg

And less like:
Monsters-Cafe-1.jpg

Here's my hype ranking.
1. The hub. This land blows me away. From the architecture to the aesthetic it's really cool to look at. The fact that it's an original as well makes endless possibilities and I hope the dueling coaster makes it to the final version.
2. Classic monsters. I am a huge horror movie fan and it's about time these horror legends get their time to shine. Details are vague, but the possibilities are endless.
3. SNW. Please don't get me wrong! I am a HUGE Nintendo fan and am stoked to finally my video game theme park fantasy actually exist! I put it under Classic Monsters cause I'm slightly more hyped for that but SNW is still a must do for me.
4. HTTTYD. Haven't seen the movies and not sure if it deserves its own land. It's rumored to have 8 rides though which is exiting.
5. FB. Not a big fan of Potter let alone FB. It could prove me wrong, but I don't have the highest expectations for it.

I'm hoping it's more like:
dr-steins-laboratory-the-revenge-of-frankenstein-blood-of-frankenstein-BPA5ND.jpg

And less like:
Monsters-Cafe-1.jpg

:lol: lol definitely- that cafe is great and all, but this land isn’t supposed to be a tribute or something fanservicey: you’re supposed to be stepping into their world. We’ve already proven that spooky atmospheric theming is possible to be done without being too hokey/cheesy- just look at the many Haunted Mansion, many Towers of Terror, Knockturn Alley, etc though I do wonder how exactly the story for the Dracula ride is going to work. I can kinda see the idea of Dracula turning guests into bats (reminds me a bit of Hermione at the beginning of FJ) but exactly how/why we’re going to the castle in the first place, and visiting every monster is what I wonder about. Also again, hoping they find a balance between family friendly and genuinely spooky without getting too silly (that’s for Scooby Doo lol)

I'm imagining they'll get an update, similar to when Hollywood enlisted Crash McCreary to help with the redesigns of the Monsters for Horror Nights.

Now, will it be those designs? Probably not, but I do think it'll be a modernification of the original designs from the original Monsters.

Amazing opportunities for this Park. But, I cannot stop looking at the Hotel, it’s size, how much it’s featured in the concept art. I can’t stop thinking what an amazing opportunity it is, can’t stop thinking that it’s so highlighted for a reason.

It looks like a true Vegas Upscale Resort Destination Hotel Like the Venetian, Bellagio, or Caesar’s. Think of what those offer- gondola rivers, frescoes, attractions like The Atlantis Show in Caesar’s, Malls, restaurants, indoor waterparks, etc. Then add in Universal Creative and 20 plus years of advances.

Look at what they’ve already done with a mod/value like CBR and its site-lines with VB. Think of the fireworks/pageant views from the Poly and Contemporary. Then, I look at the multitude of vistas this property will offer- each Land laid out for the separate wings, the Hub and its fountains, Fireworks, nighttime- even daytime Spectaculars then add in Loew’s service plus proximity …..?

This Hotel…. My gracious. It’s potential as a destination all on its own is off the charts.

I'm starting to think it jumps out from the artwork for a reason....

Amazing opportunities for this Park. But, I cannot stop looking at the Hotel, it’s size, how much it’s featured in the concept art. I can’t stop thinking what an amazing opportunity it is, can’t stop thinking that it’s so highlighted for a reason.

It looks like a true Vegas Upscale Resort Destination Hotel Like the Venetian, Bellagio, or Caesar’s. Think of what those offer- gondola rivers, frescoes, attractions like The Atlantis Show in Caesar’s, Malls, restaurants, indoor waterparks, etc. Then add in Universal Creative and 20 plus years of advances.

Look at what they’ve already done with a mod/value like CBR and its site-lines with VB. Think of the fireworks/pageant views from the Poly and Contemporary. Then, I look at the multitude of vistas this property will offer- each Land laid out for the separate wings, the Hub and its fountains, Fireworks, nighttime- even daytime Spectaculars then add in Loew’s service plus proximity …..?

This Hotel…. My gracious. It’s potential as a destination all on its own is off the charts.

I'm starting to think it jumps out from the artwork for a reason....

It reminds me of the TDS hotel designs, in a really good way to be honest.

Excied to see what the interior of the hotel's themed, especially if they go ball's out in the detail.

Here's my hype ranking.
1. The hub. This land blows me away. From the architecture to the aesthetic it's really cool to look at. The fact that it's an original as well makes endless possibilities and I hope the dueling coaster makes it to the final version.
2. Classic monsters. I am a huge horror movie fan and it's about time these horror legends get their time to shine. Details are vague, but the possibilities are endless.
3. SNW. Please don't get me wrong! I am a HUGE Nintendo fan and am stoked to finally my video game theme park fantasy actually exist! I put it under Classic Monsters cause I'm slightly more hyped for that but SNW is still a must do for me.
4. HTTTYD. Haven't seen the movies and not sure if it deserves its own land. It's rumored to have 8 rides though which is exiting.
5. FB. Not a big fan of Potter let alone FB. It could prove me wrong, but I don't have the highest expectations for it.

Agreed on the hub 100%

I’m curious if we knew nothing of SNW and this is the first we were hearing of it if it wouldn’t be better than 3. for you and 2 for @belloq87

What if most of the Classic Monsters Land was black & white like the old movies. Or is that just too far fetched. Just throwing that out there to see what you all think.

That would be incredible. Vegetation would have to be fake, etc but man oh man would that be unique as hell.

Not sure how it’d translate in a theme park during daytime though, but I want to see. :)

What if most of the Classic Monsters Land was black & white like the old movies. Or is that just too far fetched. Just throwing that out there to see what you all think.

I think that might work at night, but during the day it’d look off.

As for the designs of the Monsters, I’m expecting something new, but skewing towards a classic look

I think it could work for the rides. Not sure about the entire land but maybe?

Pure speculation... but what the heck... with so little details it’s fun for now:

What if the hub/spine serves a dual purpose... park hub during the day, pseudo-Citywalk by night. Each of the world/lands appears to have a choke-point entry/exit that could easily be gated off come typical park close leaving the hub alone open to everyone... and requiring no main gate fee. The few rides in the hub then become a separate pay-per-ride or night ticket. The dueling coaster sure has a high reride factor and the idea is similar to the rumors that once existed for RRR. I imagine a carousel and few other select rides could be the same. Mix in stores and dining in the hub and you have a nighttime complex that extends the options for on-site hotel guests into the evening. Seeing as how Universals trend as of late at Citywalk 1.0 is to reclaim leased space for themselves and develop and operate their own dining/retail concepts, it certainly would not require outside vendors to fill space/ideas.

Pure speculation... but what the heck... with so little details it’s fun for now:

What if the hub/spine serves a dual purpose... park hub during the day, pseudo-Citywalk by night. Each of the world/lands appears to have a choke-point entry/exit that could easily be gated off come typical park close leaving the hub alone open to everyone... and requiring no main gate fee. The few rides in the hub then become a separate pay-per-ride or night ticket. The dueling coaster sure has a high reride factor and the idea is similar to the rumors that once existed for RRR. I imagine a carousel and few other select rides could be the same. Mix in stores and dining in the hub and you have a nighttime complex that extends the options for on-site hotel guests into the evening. Seeing as how Universals trend as of late at Citywalk 1.0 is to reclaim leased space for themselves and develop and operate their own dining/retail concepts, it certainly would not require outside vendors to fill space/ideas.
Exactly! The "hub is free" can work for only select hours, doesn't have to be 100% of the time. Theme park visitors still pay 1 ticket for the whole park, worlds are not sold piecemeal.

Glad you brought up the RRR, I wasn't sure if I was remembering that right.

I guess I’ll try my hand at ranking these lands in order of anticipation:

1. How To Train Your Dragon. I cannot shut up about how much I love these movies. They’re visually spectacular, emotionally resonant, they feature amazing world building, but above all, what makes the series for me is the music. The score is not only one of the best ones for an animated movie, it’s one of the most memorable film scores for me rivaling the likes of Star Wars and Jurassic Park. I think if they get John Powell to score for the rides, they’ll be just as much an emotional experience as they are a visual spectacle.

2. Super Nintendo World: I don’t really have much of an attachment to The Nintendo characters, as I didn’t grow up playing their games, but if for nothing else, I’m excited for this land as it’s probably going to have the most detail put into it.

3. Wizarding World: From what we’ve seen from Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, I have no doubt that the land will be nothing short of amazing. If new details are released, this could actually switch positions with #2 or even #1, but I’m tempering my expectations until we know what it’s actually going to be.

4. Classic Monsters: Just because it’s the lowest ranked of the four worlds doesn’t mean I think it will be poor quality. If the rumored Dracula’s Castle dark ride turns out to be true, it could be the best ride at the park. But seeing as this is the “budget” land, I’m again tempering my expectations until we get more details.

5. The Hub: I don’t really have much to say about it, but having a large area not tied to an IP is a pretty bold move in the current theme park marketplace. I think the launch coasters should be pretty fun, especially if they’re made by Mack, but I’m not expecting too much from the land overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.