Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder whether they'll add paths to the various lands down the lines, likely once the various expansion pads are filled in.

Disneyland was once similar to Epic Universe, in the sense that all the lands were self-contained areas that had to be accessed via the hub. That decision was likely for the purpose of thematic integrity, but Disneyland eventually reversed course and added paths between the lands. Disregarding problems of congestion, I imagine that the lack of access to other lands from each world will be a frequent complaint in the (inevitable) surveys.

Ultimately, I think Universal could still achieve their goal of having complete separation between the different lands if they created portals within the lands to other lands (for example, a pipe in the Donkey Kong area leading towards Universal Monsters). Or, if they wanted to go bonkers, they could put rides in those expansion pads that would fit with the themes of the lands that are being connected.

If they do decide to go bonkers, that could be a neat way of justifying Luigi's Mansion in the plot between SNW and Monsters. Possibly also a way of justifying calling the dueling coaster between Beasts and Dragons "Dueling Dragons"?

Ok...so I’ve been super busy at work, are any of these lands actually confirmed ? Or is it still just speculation at this point?

Yea, he's the culprit that started all of that :fist:....anyway....just as a revisit for people that weren't reading the new park thread back then ...we did discuss that in depth at the time and our IU insiders said that was an old concept that was no longer being considered.....nothing official from Universal though, one way or another.

Never been more happy to get the podcast early. And I've been plenty happy. I wonder how much blood I'm going to have to sell to stay at that hotel.
I'm sure it won't cost more than half of what Disney charges for a night at the Grand Floridian....I'm guessing Portofino/Hard Rock comparable pricing. Universal seems to want to sell the public on the affordability of the hotels, at all price points.

Pure speculation... but what the heck... with so little details it’s fun for now:

What if the hub/spine serves a dual purpose... park hub during the day, pseudo-Citywalk by night. Each of the world/lands appears to have a choke-point entry/exit that could easily be gated off come typical park close leaving the hub alone open to everyone... and requiring no main gate fee. The few rides in the hub then become a separate pay-per-ride or night ticket. The dueling coaster sure has a high reride factor and the idea is similar to the rumors that once existed for RRR. I imagine a carousel and few other select rides could be the same. Mix in stores and dining in the hub and you have a nighttime complex that extends the options for on-site hotel guests into the evening. Seeing as how Universals trend as of late at Citywalk 1.0 is to reclaim leased space for themselves and develop and operate their own dining/retail concepts, it certainly would not require outside vendors to fill space/ideas.

Exactly! The "hub is free" can work for only select hours, doesn't have to be 100% of the time. Theme park visitors still pay 1 ticket for the whole park, worlds are not sold piecemeal.

Glad you brought up the RRR, I wasn't sure if I was remembering that right.

Ok but can I ask a very serious question... WHY in sam hell would you want something so beautifully done to be open to the public for free?
1) Imagine how crowded it will be during those hours, with people who "didn't pay for an all day ticket" perhaps having better seating to the entertainment/water shows/fireworks.
2) Imagine the kind of people who flock to free things... Not usually the classiest or most respectful folk.
3) If you live in the area you'll likely already have a season pass. And if you're visiting... you're gonna have an all day ticket.

So yeah I just don't understand this fascination with the hub being open to the public for free and the unbelievable nightmare that would be.

Is it just me or does the hub have elevation charges and after the entrance you are walking uphill? Becuase right after you enter the lagoon has waterfalls...

Looks more like walking downhill WITH the flowing water to me but I don't know anything and I wish I knew everything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.