Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That was basically the reason given for why it probably wouldn't happen. It'd be a lot of money for a temporary thing, even if it was a yearly thing.

And also they gotta get the voice actors in to record new lines yadda yadda. Lot of hassle.
Plus, possibly change the ride itself. Since its mashed up with the current video and audio, it'd have to be re-worked a lot.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
That was basically the reason given for why it probably wouldn't happen. It'd be a lot of money for a temporary thing, even if it was a yearly thing.

And also they gotta get the voice actors in to record new lines yadda yadda. Lot of hassle.

Yeah, it's a pretty significant outlay, even for something yearly. That's not even taking into account the fact that there's new wrinkles with the Simpsons contract with Disney/Fox now.

Reactions: ChaseTuff

The ride was written during the writers strike if I remember correctly so it’s more time than anything. Universal has tried before.

Not too sure. Fair point haha.

It could go two ways
They could create realistic foam costumes to look like springfield characters, but not sure how boo holes would work. ( or it could be just a scarezone)
Or
They could paint the actors sk8n yellow like the cartoons but that could look funky.

I wish they'd do a Treehouse of Horrors overlay on the Simpsons ride and just play it throughout the day over the season.

This is ultimately what Id want, but thats a lot of $ id think to do.

Plus, possibly change the ride itself. Since its mashed up with the current video and audio, it'd have to be re-worked a lot.

I just wish they at least added halloween elements to the existing ride. Have everything the same, but have the krusky park and attractions having halloween decorations or replace some of the rides they go through with halloween rides. Like bart and lisa crashing through a halloween theme "its a small world " etc

I wish they'd do a Treehouse of Horrors overlay on the Simpsons ride and just play it throughout the day over the season.

I’ve always thought a new simpsons cartoon, Halloween/horror themed, even if it goes with the exact same mechanics and movement of the current ride, would be a fun people eater during HHN. And you would only run it during HHN, ensuring that people interested would ride during the event, not during the day.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I mean it’s not going to happen and pretty off topic but what else do we have :lol:

It’s still two theatres right? If the issue is it being complicated, convert one for night and one for day.

Shrek loses a theatre for HHN I’m sure Simpsons could.

I’ve always thought a new simpsons cartoon, Halloween/horror themed, even if it goes with the exact same mechanics and movement of the current ride, would be a fun people eater during HHN. And you would only run it during HHN, ensuring that people interested would ride during the event, not during the day.
Not going to happen. They won’t take the time and money to make a ride that’s only open for HHN that will make no profit in return.