Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Nightingales: Blood Pit

Since the rain already breaks by the time we enter the house, I wonder if we’ll have a Finale on the actual Gladiator Battle Field with the Nightingales feasting while gladiators fight?
I think that would be an awesome ending and just when we thought we were safe and of escaping, a few jumpscares along the way and one last jump before exit.

Fun little historical detail from the Blooloop interview with Patrick Braillard:

The exact timing of the house is set after 117 AD, where in real life an Eagle of the 9th Roman legion went missing. And The Nightingales have "taken over" that legion, and that's the attire they'll be wearing.

Fun little historical detail from the Blooloop interview with Patrick Braillard:

The exact timing of the house is set after 117 AD, where in real life an Eagle of the 9th Roman legion went missing. And The Nightingales have "taken over" that legion, and that's the attire they'll be wearing.

I’m very glad that they specified what the Nightingales will be disguised as.

I’m very glad that they specified what the Nightingales will be disguised as.
Yeah from Nurses to this, this is going to be an intriguing house to walk through, I cannot wait to see it during Unmasking the Horror and seeing all the easter eggs and stuff they will have in this one.

Yeah from Nurses to this, this is going to be an intriguing house to walk through, I cannot wait to see it during Unmasking the Horror and seeing all the easter eggs and stuff they will have in this one.

There's always AT LEAST one house that doesn't make the UTH tour--the sprung 1 house hasn't the last couple years.

There's always AT LEAST one house that doesn't make the UTH tour--the sprung 1 house hasn't the last couple years.

Yeah, they tend to avoid doing the Sprung tents anymore. It happens from time to time, but they are a last resort more than anything else.

Regardless of the matter, I hope this house and House itself both turn out to be gory and gruesome as Universal has been promising and the way Brillard had talked about has been hyped to enter this house.

This is probably the house that will freak me out the most. I'm not a fan of the "unexplained", freaky faces. Jump scares don't make me feel dread through the rest of the night, but one terrifying face? Nightmares.

Blood Ruins. Hades. Roanoke. Dracula Untold. The Foresaken (yeah, the most controversial one here). The Fallen (in aesthetics at least). Excepting Scary Tales, I can't think of a good house set before 1800.

Two runs thru Blood Pit did not change my opinion.

Chekov's Gun. You can't promise me the Roman Coliseum in the queue then keep me in tunnels underneath the whole time. Also, not crazy about the redesigned creatures, and it's just them and some victims.

I imagine this will get more scares as the cast learn the room, but I don't know that it ever exceeds forgettably average. Which would be fine except it's a beloved in-house franchise.

The criticisms of this house have merit--I do agree it probably would've been better off swapped with Us just so we could've gotten a Coliseum floor finale with the banshees flying--but I strongly enjoyed this house for what it was. I love the backstory. Probably as much gore in here as all of last year combined. Enjoyed the body on the pendulum. Great facade. The masks looked a lot like the mountain banshee skeleton in FOP.

This was my favorite house of last night (did all the originals plus monsters). Scares were aggressive and very in your face and
though there was no Colosseum, there were quite a few gladiator fight scenes that, imo, worked very well

I have to give a massive thank you to the people from the employee preview who put this house near the bottom of their list because I couldn’t have been more nervous that this house wouldn’t live up to my #1 anticipated spot, but I was completely wrong because it blew me away from start to finish. I’m genuinely confused why this house isn’t getting Scarecrow levels of praise because it’s THAT good.