Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the lands might be connected after all? I don't get how that would work.

Honestly? I don't know a lick. But we shouldn't assume that the concept art is accurate of what the project is right now as much as what it was at one point (or was at one point before things were removed/redacted/de-themed).

Reactions: rabbitsmoon
Just to be very specific here this is based on old rumors and one piece of concept art. "As it is" might not be accurate as of today.

People with connections are saying the concept art is close to what they're currently hearing, no?
To rephrase...
"as it is" people are not happy with the rumored layout of the areas which are subject to change.

Honestly? I don't know a lick. But we shouldn't assume that the concept art is accurate of what the project is right now as much as what it was at one point (or was at one point before things were removed/redacted/de-themed).

Hopefully the permits will clear some of this up. They're supposed to come out soon (inb4 they come out two years from now ;)).

Reactions: OrlLover and RFRees
I do not think we can have a honest argument about free hub vs paid hub because we don't know anything about the hub besides the coaster. We don't know the level of entertainment planned, the types of dining, etc which makes it very ignorant.

For all we know if Universal decided to put high concept quality entertainment in the Hub such as a cirque show etc....how many would okay paying for park admission and another $70-80 dollar show ticket on top of that?

If the hub was free, would you be okay paying that amount?

Additionally, this resort is supposedly having three hotels. Tell me, how are you going to keep those hotel guests on campus and not spending money on I-drive or deciding due to the lack of entertainment nearby its better to just stay on I-drive or a cheaper place. There are so many factors not being thought about which may have with UC overall thought about in the park design and why they were thinking free hub access with paid lands.

DL and MK still had a low fee entrance ticket and each attraction was ticketed, this would flip the script by having the hub be totally free with the tickets required to enter lands not individual attractions.

The idea was to offer a CityWalk area for OCCC guests for free then uncharge them to one or two lands, with the majority of guests not even noticing the difference. It'd be like if Diagon, Marvel, and JP were off of CityWalk.

The actual concept didn't really make sense when you sat down to think about it and the tech isn't there yet.
(Looks at 1971)... hmmmm.... look at that... a low entrance fee and individual tickets for attractions at the Magic Kingdom....

I do not think we can have a honest argument about free hub vs paid hub because we don't know anything about the hub besides the coaster. We don't know the level of entertainment planned, the types of dining, etc which makes it very ignorant.

For all we know if Universal decided to put high concept quality entertainment in the Hub such as a cirque show etc....how many would okay paying for park admission and another $70-80 dollar show ticket on top of that?

If the hub was free, would you be okay paying that amount?

Additionally, this resort is supposedly having three hotels. Tell me, how are you going to keep those hotel guests on campus and not spending money on I-drive or deciding due to the lack of entertainment nearby its better to just stay on I-drive or a cheaper place. There are so many factors not being thought about which may have with UC overall thought about in the park design and why they were thinking free hub access with paid lands.
This.

Additionally...

Parks stay open at the latest until something like 10 pm (unless it's an event night), and sometimes will close much much earlier during off season. So you say "keep the hub open later, but just for paid park guests"... Well thing is, there's only so long you can keep a guest in a park until they're done spending money and physically exhausted. So you'd want some fresh faces ready to spend money. Otherwise, I see no sense (financially) in keeping a paid hub open until 2am.

Potential for late night things to do is the only reason you'll ever see me say I want this idea... But overall, I'd prefer hub to be theme park not CW 2.0.

You know Dynamic Attractions has a testing facility in Orlando and it would be cool if they were working with Uni on new ride concepts.

Considering how they've handled the connections to Potter canon so far, it's more likely they'll fishtail, flip, and crash into the early Potter years clumsily and inelegantly. :lol:

For it to be the best of, wouldn't it have to feature more than one location from a good movie or story!? :tease:

You've made it quite clear you hate the movies. Lets move on to how they relate to the parks.

Agreed, lets stop feeding the troll.

Reactions: Andysol and therock

We also don't know Universal's ticketing rate for hotel guests or what sort of tickets they might be offering when the park opens. If the majority of hotel guests already purchase admission on a 1:1 basis with nights booked, if Universal introduces a specialty ticket offer for Epic Universe area hotel guests (something including admission to Epic Universe for every night of their stay after 4 pm?) or something completely else until there's an announcement/leak from Universal about their new resort area and hotels we're shooting in the dark.

Loved the first FB, pretty meh on the second. If they could somehow recast Johnny Depp...

Not to sidetrack this too much but after watching FB2.....I feel that Eddie Redmayne is the weak link in this franchise. He looks the part, but I honestly had a hard time watching him on screen in FB2......his character seemed aloof and totally disengaged in most scenes. His schtick wore really thin for me. I wish that we had more Jude Law as Dumbledore....and less ER as Newt.

Status
Not open for further replies.