Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

While a hotel on a private island would be very unique, this is something other cruise lines (mostly Royal Caribbean) have been looking at some kind of overnight options on their islands. The problem is cruise lines have very minimal staff in the actual island itself and use most of the crew from the ship to go into the island when docked. They also have a whole island, rather than just a few areas that either needs to be completely blocked off to guests staying over night or have staffed overnight, which would not be cost effective.

Edit: Just read that Lighthouse Point is 2hrs away from the airport. Additionally, they already had their town halls for approval of what it would be, which didn't include a hotel. They'd have to get buy-in before they announced, right? Who started this rumor?
It came from Magic. Person has been right about other things in the past and was the first thing that seemed like a viable thing for the announcement Thursday.

I'm not saying the hotel is happening as it could be a completely bogus rumor, but I figured it was worth sharing as there is a lot of happenings going on for Disney in that area right now.

I may be in the minority but cruises hard clash with why I vacation and pay a ton for Disney or Universal or even Sea World, a ton of stuff to do in one area and the financial flexibility that goes with it on flights and stays. Cruises have less to do at inflated prices because you are boxed in or with a certain company. I like the increase in options though,

Much has been made about the music (or lack thereof) in SWGE. Well, there's gonna be a panel about it on Friday:
The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Friday, August 23, 2019
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
D23 Expo Arena
Step into the world of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, now open at Disneyland Resort and opening August 29 at Walt Disney World Resort, with a closer look at the soundscape and music, including the new theme by legendary composer John Williams, that makes Batuu and Black Spire Outpost come to life.

There’s enough smoke for me to believe Disney’s going to announce the subs at Disneyland are closing and the monorail is either having its path reduced or removed also. Same for autopia.

I just don't see them announcing something that probably wouldn't even start to be built by the next D23 in 2021.

Or announce it at this one and have it open by 2022. I'd like that timeframe a lot more. Unless it's ZOOTOPIA, in which case, I'll pass on the project entirely.