Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Pandora had AP and CM previews for several weeks. Then several days of nothing. No soft open. Then grand opening.

I imagine this to be like that.

Pandora had AP and CM previews for several weeks. Then several days of nothing. No soft open. Then grand opening.

I imagine this to be like that.
Pandora definitely had at least one day of regular soft opening. I was there for it. Not to say I expect the same here, but it did happen.

EDIT: Looking at my Snapchat history, it was May 26th. The day before the grand opening.

Has anyone heard when they will allow people to start parking in the parking lot? Or when will they let people start lining up outside the park entrance?

"When asked about the possibility of creatures and droids roaming the land, Chapek says Galaxy’s Edge will grow over time and add elements, but he also comments that it already has more characters than any other land because each Cast Member has their own backstory"

I don't want someone serving me food at Docking Bay 7 to have a 'backstory'

"When asked about the possibility of creatures and droids roaming the land, Chapek says Galaxy’s Edge will grow over time and add elements, but he also comments that it already has more characters than any other land because each Cast Member has their own backstory"

Yeah, to heck with the CM's who work hard to ensure we have amazing experiences. Keep your mouths shut and give me my blue milk. :thud:

I'll make it a point now to engage with these CM's who came up with fun backstories for themselves.

It's fine for the CMs to have backstories, but the weight of the land shouldn't be on their shoulders. "Project Delos" should have some planet specific baddies walking around. Weird-looking, original aliens, with blaster sidearms getting into fights with other Battuans on catwalks around the land like the Imagineers intended. This was supposed to be the old west style bastion of the worst crooks and scum in the Galaxy. From what I have seen so far, it doesn't feel like their own backstory for the land is landing.

Like I have said before, they'll likely unroll something new every couple years, like Mr. shorty-legs in Pandora, rather than all at once at opening. That way it seems like they're "plussing" the land over time, rather than the reality of them cutting entertainment before it opens.

Yeah, to heck with the CM's who work hard to ensure we have amazing experiences. Keep your mouths shut and give me my blue milk. :thud:

I'll make it a point now to engage with these CM's who came up with fun backstories for themselves.

The point is, Bob is spinning something to make it sound good when it's actually cheap and about cost saving, not guest experience.

It's fine for the CMs to have backstories, but the weight of the land shouldn't be on their shoulders.

Exactly!