Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Oh dang. Must really not be popular lol. Haven’t ridden but gotta give it a chance so I’m anxious to ride come Monday.
If you go in with the view that the film is camp comedy, and laugh at or with it, then it's a bit redeemable.....The queue is decent though. It's by far the best part of the attraction. Linger through it and enjoy.

If you go in with the view that the film is camp comedy, and laugh at or with it, then it's a bit redeemable.....The queue is decent though. It's by far the best part of the attraction. Linger through it and enjoy.

It truly is The Room of theme park attractions.

(Fallon is Disaster Movie—to me, at least.)

That TPU article is most likely PARTIALLY correct but as usual the wording is misleading. This sentence of the article seems to summarize what's actually happening... "Thus, Universal Studios Beijing won’t be getting a Fast & Furious: Supercharged attraction as Universal execs originally announced." THAT seems accurate to me. A Fast & Furious ride most likely WILL open with the park and it WILL be in the show-building that others have already pointed out is mostly constructed but it won't be a clone of the USF version. Wasn't that always the speculation from the start? I assumed it would open with changes ranging from major (new ride film and end scene) to minor (alterations to the party scene). Throw in a name change via a different subtitle and the article is technically correct that Supercharged (as we know it) won't be coming to Beijing. It just seems like a sensational way of saying the ride will open with changes.

Also it's important to note that the tragedy of F&F over here is that it was a "major addition" to an existing park. The expectation from the public was that it would be impressive and fun (rightfully so) but if it was just one of many new offerings in a brand new park filled with otherwise impressive attractions, as it will be in Beijing, it wouldn't have the same stench attached to it. As-is the ride is an incontrovertible abomination but we've always known there are reasonable ways to make it less embarrassing. Minor changes could turn it into a diverting D-ticket that has a reliably short wait time and cool cars to drool over in the queue for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Ya I'm going in this one after a beer most likely anyways so not to worried. My boyfriend and I love campy stuff and playing along with it anyways so we'll probably make the most of it haha.

Ya I'm going in this one after a beer most likely anyways so not to worried. My boyfriend and I love campy stuff and playing along with it anyways so we'll probably make the most of it haha.
Do a beer and a couple shots. That will help even more. :lol:...Yeah, if you like campy stuff it helps. It's not supposed to be comical, but like camp comedy, it is.....As I said though, the queue is good, especially if you're a car chase fan. If there's no line, take your time, and let the other people pass. Lots of good photo opportunities.

Do a beer and a couple shots. That will help even more. :lol:...Yeah, if you like campy stuff it helps. It's not supposed to be comical, but like camp comedy, it is.....As I said though, the queue is good, especially if you're a car chase fan. If there's no line, take your time, and let the other people pass. Lots of good photo opportunities.
If you go in knowing that you're in for a "comedy of errors" ride I agree that there is actually some fun to be had. Never thought I would admit it but my most recent trip made me come around to the idea. The queue, the air-conditioning, the lack of line, the practical set, the hilarious amount of fog effects, and everyone's puzzled expressions upon exiting the ride actually did bring F&F into the "so bad its ever so slightly good" category for me. For those of us who visit the parks all the time F&F can be an amusing diversion from the heat. It's just sad for everyone else. :lol:

If you go in knowing that you're in for a "comedy of errors" ride I agree that there is actually some fun to be had. Never thought I would admit it but my most recent trip made me come around to the idea. The queue, the air-conditioning, the lack of line, the practical set, the hilarious amount of fog effects, and everyone's puzzled expressions upon exiting the ride actually did bring F&F into the "so bad its ever so slightly good" category for me. For those of us who visit the parks all the time F&F can be an amusing diversion from the heat. It's just sad for everyone else. :lol:
Kind of like hose 1950's cheap horror flicks. :lol:

That TPU article is most likely PARTIALLY correct but as usual the wording is misleading. This sentence of the article seems to summarize what's actually happening... "Thus, Universal Studios Beijing won’t be getting a Fast & Furious: Supercharged attraction as Universal execs originally announced." THAT seems accurate to me. A Fast & Furious ride most likely WILL open with the park and it WILL be in the show-building that others have already pointed out is mostly constructed but it won't be a clone of the USF version. Wasn't that always the speculation from the start? I assumed it would open with changes ranging from major (new ride film and end scene) to minor (alterations to the party scene). Throw in a name change via a different subtitle and the article is technically correct that Supercharged (as we know it) won't be coming to Beijing. It just seems like a sensational way of saying the ride will open with changes.

I guess the building also could house the Kong ride as the similarities are there. But a re-imagination of the ride would be even better. If it's a hit they easily could redo the Orlando attraction.

I guess the building also could house the Kong ride as the similarities are there. But a re-imagination of the ride would be even better. If it's a hit they easily could redo the Orlando attraction.
I doubt that would be feasible given the themed lands currently rumored. The current rumored zones are, Jurassic World, Kung Fu Panda, Waterworld, Wizarding World, Minions, Transformers, and Hollywood. I imagine F&F is located in the Hollywood section since it's the only one that makes sense. They can't just randomly change the IP to Kong when the zone wouldn't fit the theme.

I doubt that would be feasible given the themed lands currently rumored. The current rumored zones are, Jurassic World, Kung Fu Panda, Waterworld, Wizarding World, Minions, Transformers, and Hollywood. I imagine F&F is located in the Hollywood section since it's the only one that makes sense. They can't just randomly change the IP to Kong when the zone wouldn't fit the theme.
I guess if it’s in Hollywood they could make it themed like a movie set and then have literally any ride in there, but I have no idea what they’re doing. Last I heard it was Fast and Furious.

So when I finally rode this...it wasn’t as terrible as I expected, but there are major parts that scream Six Flags. Plus it doesn’t help that Kongs next door and does it better.

I think the load scene and the dark tunnel could benefit from being darker. Load scene looks too clean/fake and you can see the ceiling. The dark tunnel effect is ruined because you can see the light at the right turn as you get closer.

Plus just all of the warped rounded scenes like the parking garage that look bizarre as you enter. And of course, the party scene. Yikes.

So when I finally rode this...it wasn’t as terrible as I expected, but there are major parts that scream Six Flags. Plus it doesn’t help that Kongs next door and does it better.

I think the load scene and the dark tunnel could benefit from being darker. Load scene looks too clean/fake and you can see the ceiling. The dark tunnel effect is ruined because you can see the light at the right turn as you get closer.

Plus just all of the warped rounded scenes like the parking garage that look bizarre as you enter. And of course, the party scene. Yikes.
Can you expand about what Six Flags ride it makes you think or how it screams Six Flags?

I would say it screams "tram tour segment" as it is basically a lift and extract from it without the rest of the tour attached...Essentially an already low rated segment of the tram tour taken even further out of context and given a nice queue

Can you expand about what Six Flags ride it makes you think or how it screams Six Flags?

To me it was really the set pieces in the beginning of the ride. I didn’t buy that we were in a city at night. It’s a hard sell with indoor city scapes in general, but most rides hide it better during the ride itself (Spider-Man, Transformers, etc.) The fake loading dock is a small example of poor/cheap design. It also might be why I enjoyed Kong’s load more - “natural” and “fantasy” stone carvings and the like are easier to suspend disbelief.

I associate Six Flags regional parks with my youth, so I think of the cheesy 90s. Party scene screams that to me. I actually enjoyed the speed tunnel (besides the previous lighting issues) and didn’t mind the chase - warp and story problems aside.

I like the f&f ride. I was on forbidden journey yesterday and I kept hearing the Kuka arm making a cracking noise. Shhhh. Forget that.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it was really the set pieces in the beginning of the ride. I didn’t buy that we were in a city at night. It’s a hard sell with indoor city scapes in general, but most rides hide it better during the ride itself (Spider-Man, Transformers, etc.) The fake loading dock is a small example of poor/cheap design. It also might be why I enjoyed Kong’s load more - “natural” and “fantasy” stone carvings and the like are easier to suspend disbelief.
I thought the city scene was the most well done part. Perhaps the lighting needing to be at 'sunset' technically made it seem a bit weird to you?

I like the f&f ride. I was on forbidden journey yesterday and I kept hearing the Kuka arm making a cracking noise. Shhhh. Forget that.
FJ is trash, everyone here agrees