Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I'm hearing things were a lot better last night compared to opening weekend.

They always are.

Scare actors only get two full dress rehearsals before opening night, which includes employee previews. During those rehearsals, the line moving through the house is sporadic. It’s not until opening night that they get the full experience of scaring non stop at the conga lines.

This weekend is when many of the scareactors will have found their groove and will be firing on all cylinders going into next week.

They always are.

Scare actors only get two full dress rehearsals before opening night, which includes employee previews. During those rehearsals, the line moving through the house is sporadic. It’s not until opening night that they get the full experience of scaring non stop at the conga lines.

This weekend is when many of the scareactors will have found their groove and will be firing on all cylinders going into next week.

I’m excited for sure. I’m going next week.

That’s a Texas sized 10-4 on scareactors intensity yesterday compared to last weekend. Almost had a panic attack in graveyard games they were so good hahaha

I'm glad it wasn't just us that felt this, got a couple of good intense scares in there and oddly in Us too. I swear its the only time in the last 3 years that I've genuinely yelped! :grin:

I think the main issue with the houses is this...when it comes to IP houses are the ones designing the houses fans of the property or are they just doing it because they are told. Hollywood's US house put Florida to shame. Like its to the point they can't even be compared because Hollywood's on a whole other level while Orlando's seem to have cheaped out and did it because they had to. Just a thought I had and a general observation.
How come Orlando cheapened out on the US maze? As far I'm concerned it has an almost identical concept layout and details, the only major difference is the usual funky human masks in Hollywood.

How come Orlando cheapened out on the US maze? As far I'm concerned it has an almost identical concept layout and details, the only major difference is the usual funky human masks in Hollywood.

While the main highlights are the same, Hollywood is longer with way more going on for each scene compared to Orlando which incorporated more scares. It seems whoever designed the house enjoyed the movie way more than the ones in Orlando.

The home invasion part were expanded and added scares which is why the reviews for US in Orlando is just like the movie and those who didn't find the movie scary are like meh whereas the reviews for Hollywood is like ton of good scares

While the main highlights are the same, Hollywood is longer with way more going on for each scene compared to Orlando which incorporated more scares. It seems whoever designed the house enjoyed the movie way more than the ones in Orlando.

The home invasion part were expanded and added scares which is why the reviews for US in Orlando is just like the movie and those who didn't find the movie scary are like meh whereas the reviews for Hollywood is like ton of good scares
Oh, I get it, you just found it more scary. The Scare level does not mean cheapening out.

Another great night overall! Scareactors absolutely have their groove. Super crowded, though. Only thing I will say as a criticism is that the houses are definitely not in line ops-wise for express. Worst offenders are Ho1k corpses and killer klowns. Not sure what the ratio is for express to stand-by but it’s certainly not equal from house to house. If I’m waiting 40 minutes in express compared to a stand by time of 60 minutes, that’s not great. Maybe it’s just the queue layout. I don’t want to sound too elitist, but those are my thoughts for someone whose plopped down extra money for the express.

Another great night overall! Scareactors absolutely have their groove. Super crowded, though. Only thing I will say as a criticism is that the houses are definitely not in line ops-wise for express. Worst offenders are Ho1k corpses and killer klowns. Not sure what the ratio is for express to stand-by but it’s certainly not equal from house to house. If I’m waiting 40 minutes in express compared to a stand by time of 60 minutes, that’s not great. Maybe it’s just the queue layout. I don’t want to sound too elitist, but those are my thoughts for someone whose plopped down extra money for the express.

It might say 60 minutes but if express had you waiting 40 minutes, the regular line was probably closer to 80 minutes. Thats just the time not being posted correctly.
Its usually more than half of express.

I agree, the scareactors were much better last night than opening weekend. We got in 14 house runs before leaving at 10:30, and we had at least 8 really good runs. Opening Saturday we did 16 runs, and only 2-3 were really good ones.

I also agree some of the houses aren’t handling Express very well. For me, the biggest offender was Universal Monsters. She let something like 50 regular guests through, then let 6 Express through. Then started letting regular guests through again.

Then she swapped places with another employee. Before leaving, she explained to him that he should wait until the Express line gets really long. Until then let regular guests through. So another 75 or so regular guests went through before they started letting Express through again.

Only thing I will say as a criticism is that the houses are definitely not in line ops-wise for express. Worst offenders are Ho1k corpses and killer klowns. Not sure what the ratio is for express to stand-by but it’s certainly not equal from house to house. If I’m waiting 40 minutes in express compared to a stand by time of 60 minutes, that’s not great. Maybe it’s just the queue layout. I don’t want to sound too elitist, but those are my thoughts for someone whose plopped down extra money for the express.

Noticed this Thursday at Ho1C. 20 - 25 minutes when posted wait was 60, bumping up on the rumored "half the regular line" guarantee. Stranger Things was bad, as well, but I assumed that was because it's the longest line in the park. Graveyard wasn't horrible, but they've moved the merge back to before the final switchback run, which doesn't help the psychological effect.

If your looking for a good time look at the comment section on this

Every Hollywood pov has toxic comments, I got told I should’ve been an abortion (all because I said I liked Hollywood’s event more this year) even being called a whiny b**** simply because I felt ghostbusters isn’t that great. Opinions aren’t allowed to be a thing anymore I guess

Every Hollywood pov has toxic comments, I got told I should’ve been an abortion (all because I said I liked Hollywood’s event more this year) even being called a whiny b**** simply because I felt ghostbusters isn’t that great. Opinions aren’t allowed to be a thing anymore I guess
Their us and Frankenstein and creepshow and klowns are really good this year! But they prefer bashing on Orlando I guess lmao

Yup, I bought it last night!
I'm planning on going on the 12th of next month with express. However, the pass is a whopping $159.99 for that night. Which is crazy because I paid about $190 for ticket + express last year, but that's a conversation for another day. Do you guys know if they have the half off deal every night?

Imma be honest, both sides are toxic for their comments. Orlando fans always keep going to Hollywood videos and constantly talk crap about it, and if we disagree with it, they call us "Hollywood fanboys". Same goes for Hollywood as well.