Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the parks at UOR now, and honestly I think Universal needs to step up their in park dining just a bit at EU. Its not bad now, and USF actually has quite a few options, but man, IOA for lunch/dinner is tough to find. Mythos was disappointing yesterday (doesn't always mean its bad, but I've also read on here it seems on the decline), and 3 Broomsticks are the only standouts. Is the Marvel cafe any good? Idk, I just feel Universal has really stepped up with dining at their new resorts and Citywalk, but could use it in their parks a bit more.
I agree. I like Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park. Some of the same offerings as Three Broomsticks, along with some barbecue dishes. It’s nice to get real food and not just burgers and tenders sometimes.

The Marvel Diner is no different than Burger Digs.

In the parks at UOR now, and honestly I think Universal needs to step up their in park dining just a bit at EU. Its not bad now, and USF actually has quite a few options, but man, IOA for lunch/dinner is tough to find. Mythos was disappointing yesterday (doesn't always mean its bad, but I've also read on here it seems on the decline), and 3 Broomsticks are the only standouts. Is the Marvel cafe any good? Idk, I just feel Universal has really stepped up with dining at their new resorts and Citywalk, but could use it in their parks a bit more.
I'm hopeful that some of the large buildings in the EU hub are nice table service restaurants - otherwise it may not have enough dining options.

hopefully EU is on par with Busch Gardens food wise. I've never had a bad dining experience or lack of choices at Busch Gardens Tampa. IOA dining options are.... NOT great.

Edit: also, I am now very hungry.
Wow. This may be the first time I have ever heard this. I mean, Zambia Smokehouse is edible. Serengeti Overlook is the park's only table service restaurant, and it's fine, I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of it since it turned to a buffet style location, but the food is still good.

But, I believe that nearly every other quick service in that park may very well be the worst at any theme park in Central Florida (besides Legoland). The best food in the park may be the pretzel kitchen, but even that is better at SeaWorld. Zagora Café may be the worst food in a theme park I have ever experienced. Maybe I caught it on a bad day.

Wow. This may be the first time I have ever heard this. I mean, Zambia Smokehouse is edible. Serengeti Overlook is the park's only table service restaurant, and it's fine, I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of it since it turned to a buffet style location, but the food is still good.

But, I believe that nearly every other quick service in that park may very well be the worst at any theme park in Central Florida (besides Legoland). The best food in the park may be the pretzel kitchen, but even that is better at SeaWorld. Zagora Café may be the worst food in a theme park I have ever experienced. Maybe I caught it on a bad day.

:shrug: Well I guess it HAS been a couple years since i've been there, maybe its taken a turn for the worst. I remember the brisket at the smokehouse being amazing... My opinion was probably influenced by the quantity of beer that may or may not have been consumed.

:shrug: Well I guess it HAS been a couple years since i've been there, maybe its taken a turn for the worst. I remember the brisket at the smokehouse being amazing... My opinion was probably influenced by the quantity of beer that may or may not have been consumed.
Brisket is pretty good. Not everything at Zambia I had was that great, but I do admit the Brisket was good.

Now beer options, yes. BGT and SWO have got that market cornered lol.

I still want a proper Cartoon Network world, with Land of Ooo/Gumball Kingdom (Adventure Time) and Beach City (Steven Universe) sublands branching off a "catch-all" world with a Hanna-Barbera-esque ride that takes you through Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Craig of the Creek, and Amazing World of Gumball.

Are we sure the hub won't be based on an IP?

There is a reason why I'm asking are for this question.

One thing Comcast has applauded themselves in on this "Symphony" thing where everything across all areas of the business help each other through synergy. And we are seeing it already with Jurassic World. Thanksgiving last year they had the NBC Lego Jurassic World Special, then they announced the ride opening in Hollywood. Right before the ride opened they mentioned the Netflix series, and then right after the Nickelodeon Lego Jurassic World show was announced. After that, now we have the Jurassic World short film with the upcoming film likely opening in or around the same time Florida opens their attraction.

Now, Look at the four worlds: Super Nintendo World, UCM, HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts.

Each one of those have other things outside the park to energize the fanbase. (Mario with video games and the movie which comes out in 2021 and possibly sequels which also maybe in the works, UCM with Invisible Man and the Paul Feig film, Fantastic Beasts and all the potter projects, it looks like Universal still plans to cash in on HTTYD with three spinoff shows in development with one coming out on Netflix this year targeted for preschoolers).

Universal has two celestial based films in development....one is a four quadrant called Space Race ( which ties into Dueling Coasters)
Universal Lands Daniel Kunka Space Race Spec; Dan Trachtenberg To Direct – Deadline
As well as a film based off a humorous novel called Space Opera
Universal Options ‘Space Opera’ For Marc Platt & Colin Trevorrow To Produce – Deadline

As they said in previous interviews, each unit of the company meets every quarter so the parks and UC know all about the film lineup that Universal has upcoming and the plans for the films. Just something I noticed and would fit the hub.

Go to BGW.

Are we sure the hub won't be based on an IP?

There is a reason why I'm asking are for this question.

One thing Comcast has applauded themselves in on this "Symphony" thing where everything across all areas of the business help each other through synergy. And we are seeing it already with Jurassic World. Thanksgiving last year they had the NBC Lego Jurassic World Special, then they announced the ride opening in Hollywood. Right before the ride opened they mentioned the Netflix series, and then right after the Nickelodeon Lego Jurassic World show was announced. After that, now we have the Jurassic World short film with the upcoming film likely opening in or around the same time Florida opens their attraction.

Now, Look at the four worlds: Super Nintendo World, UCM, HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts.

Each one of those have other things outside the park to energize the fanbase. (Mario with video games and the movie which comes out in 2021 and possibly sequels which also maybe in the works, UCM with Invisible Man and the Paul Feig film, Fantastic Beasts and all the potter projects, it looks like Universal still plans to cash in on HTTYD with three spinoff shows in development with one coming out on Netflix this year targeted for preschoolers).

Universal has two celestial based films in development....one is a four quadrant called Space Race ( which ties into Dueling Coasters)
Universal Lands Daniel Kunka Space Race Spec; Dan Trachtenberg To Direct – Deadline
As well as a film based off a humorous novel called Space Opera
Universal Options ‘Space Opera’ For Marc Platt & Colin Trevorrow To Produce – Deadline

As they said in previous interviews, each unit of the company meets every quarter so the parks and UC know all about the film lineup that Universal has upcoming and the plans for the films. Just something I noticed and would fit the hub.

I think it's unlikely to be those two, at least. Space Opera is still in the scripting phase and it doesn't sound like Space Race has gone anywhere yet. It's unlikely they have enough concept art to theme a hub-world if they're not in pre-production yet.

It can certainly change, yes, but for now, I find it unlikely. If Space Opera is a musical and it's successful, then I could see it being a show in the hub, possibly?

I know it'll never happen, but man I want a DARK CRYSTAL: AGE OF RESISTANCE land. I always thought the movie was a huge waste of potential, but man the show knocks it out of the park.

The show was fantastic and seems ready made for a quality dark ride at the very least. A land would be even better obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.