Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

I like how everyone on there is saying Bourne is irrelevant in 2019, yet a new Bourne show debuts on TV tonight.

Maybe if it was airing on NBC people would notice, but I guess USA is just off the radar for many folks.
Because Universal could’ve renegotiated the Terminator deal. They closed the attraction when T2 was rereleased in theaters and when the new movie was announced. Of course people will be upset. Don’t forget, the outrage from F&F and the fact T2 has been closed for over 2 YEARS AND NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT UNTIL NOW.

Because Universal could’ve renegotiated the Terminator deal. They closed the attraction when T2 was rereleased in theaters and when the new movie was announced. Of course people will be upset. Don’t forget, the outrage from F&F and the fact T2 has been closed for over 2 YEARS AND NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT UNTIL NOW.

1. It takes 2 sides to make a deal.
2. Terminator's last few movies haven't exactly burned up the Box Office. The last one didn't even crack $100 million in the stateside B.O. Let's not oversell the franchise. The first 2 films are classics, the rest have had very rough outings.

Part of what makes Universal great is the use of outside I.P.s

This is an incredibly stupid take. Sorry.

We've had several people explain why this wasn't really in the cards, so I'm not sure what to tell you now.

Part of what makes Universal great is the use of outside I.P.s

Those days, besides Potter, are over. And lol tell that to old school Uni fans.

As for the show, the irrelevant nature of the IP has been talked about to death but it's happening, whatever. Looks like Universal is making up for it by delivering an insanely good show. I'm very curious to see how well done the stagecraft is, as an elaborate special effects show with a story combined with stunts is rare nowadays in theme parks, at least in the US.

I do wonder if this will be more like T2, with continuous showings, or more like Horror Make-Up, with select showings each day?

Those days, besides Potter, are over. And lol tell that to old school Uni fans.

As for the show, the irrelevant nature of the IP has been talked about to death but it's happening, whatever. Looks like Universal is making up for it by delivering an insanely good show. I'm very curious to see how well done the stagecraft is, as an elaborate special effects show with a story combined with stunts is rare nowadays in theme parks, at least in the US.

I do wonder if this will be more like T2, with continuous showings, or more like Horror Make-Up, with select showings each day?
From the text that is released this sounds more T2 than a making off thing, thankfully.

That's a huge theater, with a ton of seating. This could turn out to be a really impressive show that fills that theater up like Terminator did prior to it's declining years.

Okay, wicked cool finding out they were behind those cool lights on the last Red Hot Chili Peppers tour, plus some other musical tours I've seen. Specially, JT, Bruno, and RHCP my friends and I remember being great spectacles along with the performers being great. I definitely have even a little more faith in this now

Well, and Nintendo.

Yeah, exactly. Personally, when it comes to using external IPs, that's how i like to see it done. Big, immersive lands for stories and characters that have a monumental impact on Pop Culture.

With the exception of HHN, I don't wanna see Universal become a hodgepodge of differrnt stories from other studios. If Universal is gonna use an external IP, make it big and meaningful.

Until recent years, Universal didn’t really use their own IPs a ton when you think about it.

Probably because they didn’t really have anything good to choose from and anything they did, they already used.

There’s still a debate to be had about how Universal uses it’s own IPs compared to licensed IPs.

The Terminator facility can hold 700 people, I’m curious as to how they will reconfigure the preshow area into this attraction.

Maybe this will be continuous. The capacity just isn’t there. Water World holds 3000 people out in Hollywood. If you have 2 casts and the show is 25 minutes you can easily make it continuous by loading the queue, 10 min long preshow etc.

Last edited:
The Terminator facility can hold 700 people, I’m curious as to how they will reconfigure the preshow area into this attraction.

Maybe this will be continuous. The capacity just isn’t there. Water World holds 3000 people out in Hollywood. If you have 2 casts and the show is 25 minutes you can easily make it continuous by loading the queue, 10 min long preshow etc.
Yea I believe we’re getting new seats. I don’t think the preshow space has changed, at least the main walls separating the space from the queue. Permits had it looking pretty much the same. Queue too, just without glasses bins. I’m sure the interior elements will be changed.

Curious if the rumored spy tech war room design for preshow has been completely scrapped, ya know, cause of that other thing we don’t speak of.

T2 was rarely continuous in the sense of shows being back to back; unload theater and then immediately load in new guests. That could potentially happen on extreme peak days but it was usually 30 minutes or so between each showing. Could see the same for this.