Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

That statement is horrible. I've never been to VB, but why were the wife and daughter the ones to flip him over. Shouldn't life guards have immediately responded to that? Leaving someone face down in the water for any amount of time after coming down a slide should be immediate sirens going off in the lifeguards head. What if the wife and daughter went to get an ice cream?

There's a lifeguard right at the splashdown. Either they neglected to include that tidbit that the lifeguard helped, or someone was really bad at their job and should be fired.

The Rider Guide has that information, however it appears to not be updated with Punga Racers, so I wonder if the rest is entirely accurate:

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...-guide-for-rider-safety-and-accessibility.pdf

View attachment 11117
Awesome, thanks for sharing!!! He seems anxious about it since I mentioned the one slide having a 150 lb weight limit but like I can't go on that either dude lol. I'll try and keep updated with this link from now until we go.

I mean, there's not much room to do anything else there. It's really tucked into a small space. I'd imagine they're looking into how to fix it.

That would be my bet. You could probably add a couple of those toilet bowl type slides that you drop out the middle of easily enough but they always seem to have people hurting themselves and that’s another headache they don’t need.

I mean, there's not much room to do anything else there. It's really tucked into a small space. I'd imagine they're looking into how to fix it.
I'd argue at the very least it just simply shouldn't be open while they figure something out, however. This is something that could've been fixed in a few weeks if they just took out the beach and extended the runoff.

Just posting the 2 ideas to fix from the boards when the weight change was first reported.

The easy answer in my head is to just keep the length, but change the end to a quick decline into the water instead of the abrupt drop-off in height.

They can add about 50 ft to the runoff. Combine that with either deeper water or maybe rougher water to slow the mats down, and I'd think that would largely address the issue.

View attachment 10227