Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

The "fans" of every IP are the ones who complain the most. Weird how that works.

Why would "non-fans" pay to see the fourth or eighth installment of a franchise they don't like? By the time you get to a Fate of the Furious, the only people in the audience able to express an opinion are going to be F&F "fans."

Why would "non-fans" pay to see the fourth or eighth installment of a franchise they don't like? By the time you get to a Fate of the Furious, the only people in the audience able to express an opinion are going to be F&F "fans."
Why did I go see Hobbs & Shaw despite not liking the Fast & Furious franchise? It looked bonkers, that's why.

Be forewarned that this video could very well spoil the entire movie, but if all of it is true, then this is going to be a milktoast dumpsterfire. Watch at your own risk. Sounds very much like a copy of Return of the Jedi.

Disney said that they wouldn't do CGI Leia after Rogue One so that rumor at the beginning of the video sounds fake already. But if I'm wrong well lol.

This guy gets it

Yeah, no he doesn't really get it. He clamors about how Star Wars told original stories with original characters? Which is not the case and never has been, it's all borrowed 100 year old ideas and themes set to a new universe. But the middle age fans like that refuse to see Star Wars (OT) as anything other than perfection when the OT, while it's amazing, is FAR from perfect.

Most of these same guys just like crapping on Disney because they can't crap on Lucas anymore. (Not saying Disneys movies are perfect either, they're not).

EHcnz5iU0AAMONq

Last edited:
I have no excitement for this whatsoever.

I will admit that I didn't think TLJ was that bad when it came out, but since Rian Johnson crapped all over the stuff that JJ built up, there's nothing that interests me. Anything that would've been interesting to see should've been established in TLJ.

I guess I might go see it out of curiosity, but oh how Disney has screwed up Star Wars when someone like myself was was beside himself to see The Force Awakens opening night now doesn't even care about the ending of the friggin' Skywalker saga. They could've gone with Lucas' vision for the new trilogy. They had a guaranteed goldmine and they pissed that away. That hurt them in the longrun.

The problem to me, someone who enjoyed both TFA and TLJ, is that Palpatine's place in this story feels very out of nowhere and unearned and to be honest... i'm not even sure what the story actually IS right now. Rian closed everything up. I guess one respect maybe that was a positive for JJ as he had a clean slate for this movie?