Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Based on other “complex” rides like Spider-Man and Hogwarts, resets are typically 1-3 hours. It sounds like these RotR resets are longer though (speculating), possibly 2-5 hours.

But even if a reset is 2 hours after it runs for an hour, the ride would only be operating 3 hours in a 9 hour day.

If this thing has a 2,000/hr capacity, that’s only 6,000 guests a day getting to ride the brand new thing.

In a park that averaged 30,000 guests a day.

That means only 20% of guests would ride this thing a day.
And likely, id genuinely say that 95% of the guests are going to want to ride it. Worried!

Based on other “complex” rides like Spider-Man and Hogwarts, resets are typically 1-3 hours. It sounds like these RotR resets are longer though (speculating), possibly 2-5 hours.

But even if a reset is 2 hours after it runs for an hour, the ride would only be operating 3 hours in a 9 hour day.

If this thing has a 2,000/hr capacity, that’s only 6,000 guests a day getting to ride the brand new thing.

In a park that averaged 30,000 guests a day.

That means only 20% of guests would ride this thing a day.

During the holiday crush, that % could drop to 15% or lower.

Just mathematically, this looks like it could be a PR disaster like Disney’s never seen in their parks (apart from people dying).
Factor in that I believe they are running at half capacity. Last I heard, they are only using one set of elevators (one up, one down) because one of the down elevators isn't working.

Factor in that I believe they are running at half capacity. Last I heard, they are only using one set of elevators (one up, one down) because one of the down elevators isn't working.
JFC...

*redoes math*

3,000 riders a day.

Less than 10% of guests a day...

Holiday crowds (that hover closer to 40k)... 7.5%.

I’m having a friend arriving as soon as he lands at 1am. I’ve told him god speed and I don’t expect him to ride, not because of crowds but because i don’t think the thing will run.
As a journalist, that makes a better story... so I want to be there regardless.

They let us into parking around 3:30AM when the land opened... but that was for a 6am opening. I wonder how early they will let us park for a 9am opening.

I think Disney is playing a VERY risky strategy if Joe is right and it simply doesn't open on the 5th. The fact theres no advertising for it does worry me. Granted I'm in Maine, but we frequently get park ads for both Uni and Disney. Plus I'm on these forums all the time, id likely see some new marketing. Going to be a bad end of the year in terms of PR it sounds for Disney but I hope for the best. Id think they want people to just ride so they can get good reviews out of the ride to the GP, but who knows. There really is a TON going on in this ride so I can see how they have issues.

I think Disney is playing a VERY risky strategy if Joe is right and it simply doesn't open on the 5th. The fact theres no advertising for it does worry me. Granted I'm in Maine, but we frequently get park ads for both Uni and Disney. Plus I'm on these forums all the time, id likely see some new marketing. Going to be a bad end of the year in terms of PR it sounds for Disney but I hope for the best. Id think they want people to just ride so they can get good reviews out of the ride to the GP, but who knows. There really is a TON going on in this ride so I can see how they have issues.

Should be noted my info is a snip-it of time. This all could change today and the ride has a breakthrough and it’s running significantly better. Lots of things come together at the last minute. But what I’m hearing so far is really really rough.

Should be noted my info is a snip-it of time. This all could change today and the ride has a breakthrough and it’s running significantly better. Lots of things come together at the last minute. But what I’m hearing so far is really really rough.
Of course. Ive never asked my source about operations but I've just asked them about the 5th (or 4th, whatever the opening date was announced to be) since there was only a Disneyland commercial if everything is still going according as planned. Not sure if they'll answer directly but ill let people know if I hear anything back. They've only talked overwhelmingly positive about the ride but that may be because they aren't working on it and just got the opportunity to ride without many or any issues. Who knows. I just really want a dope Star Wars attraction lol

I'll start by saying I'm still absolutely phsyched for this ride, but this sounds really worrying. In the interests of reason and balance I wonder how many other Disney attractions have had these kind of problems right up to the opening?

I'll start by saying I'm still absolutely phsyched for this ride, but this sounds really worrying. In the interests of reason and balance I wonder how many other Disney attractions have had these kind of problems right up to the opening?

As I’ve said before IJA, Test Track, and Tower all had various degrees of issues right to the last minute and into the first few opening years. Universal is the one infamous for rough openings: see USF opening summer and Jaws.

As I’ve said before IJA, Test Track, and Tower all had various degrees of issues right to the last minute and into the first few opening years. Universal is the one infamous for rough openings: see USF opening summer and Jaws.

I don’t know much on the history of jaws at opening. Why did it have such issues? Wasn’t it just a boat on a track?

I'm still stunned about the one elevator not working. How can one be working but the other is still having problems?? Should be able to source and solve the issue pretty quickly if you have a working one right next to it.

As far as B mode I imagine if one elevator isn't working that means that only one, not two RVs dispatch at a time. I wonder what this will do to the story and flow of the ride. How crucial is the two RVs together to the story? Remember we are dipping and dodging into scenes and corridors with the partnering RV. Could really be a damper to the full experience.

Not at first. Falcon benefited greatly from it, and that line is going to crawl as it is. I’d imagine that it won’t get fastpass until Mickey opens at the absolute earliest.

Crap. I reserve my FPs on 11/28 for my trip in Jan/Feb. Guess that I will be joining the morning rush at least a couple of times.

jaws closed for a year+ because the animatronics and effects didn’t work as initially intended. The scene with the exploding barge initially feature Jaws literally biting your boat and dragging it around

oh interesting! So they made some drastic changes from opening to what we knew the ride as.