Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ride looks amazing. The one thing I don’t like is the storm troopers with just a moving head. Doesn’t really look great and that giant room just looks dull due to it. Likely to fee different once I am there though.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, everything else looks great but that just seems off and I don't know why.

Didn't mean to cause an argument regarding the pre-show stuff, nor was I meaning to dis locals. It all came off more complain-y to me like "Why do I have to go through this all again?", like its part of the ride idk lol. Of course it gets tiring after you ride it so many times, natural.

I liked @Disneyhead saying this is evolutionary, not revolutionary. I think some of the projection mapping and special effects are revolutionary, or just flat out the most exciting we've seen put together for 1 attraction, but I basically sum this up as "Spiderman, but Star Wars themed, and on steroids". Spiderman has more thrill aspect to it. I think the overall experience is going to make this a knockout win amongst the GP and thats what will matter here.

Regarding Universal's response, maybe insiders have more insight, but Mario Kart? Id think MK, 1 Fantastic Beast attraction (whether its Newt or whatever the other ride is) and the Classic Monsters ride are the ones to be looking out for.

Still, just from a POV standpoint theres so much to look at, cannot wait to experience Rise this April.

I am concerned that after a couple of ride thrus, pacing issues may reveal themselves.
I definitely think this is possible. (Again, as someone who doesn't really care about Star Wars), there's a lot of "emptiness" to some of the scenes and especially the hallways between them.

The canon room and, honestly, the AT-AT room, just feel a bit slow--carried strictly by the scale of what we're seeing instead of any actual narrative action. Padding, basically.

Like, it feels a bit silly, but as I watching it, I thought "This needs more screens."

Is it a bit odd to anybody that, once Kylo starts coming after us, all the Storm Troopers just disappear?

Reactions: SukaVayne73
Didn't mean to cause an argument regarding the pre-show stuff, nor was I meaning to dis locals. It all came off more complain-y to me like "Why do I have to go through this all again?", like its part of the ride idk lol. Of course it gets tiring after you ride it so many times, natural.

I liked @Disneyhead saying this is evolutionary, not revolutionary. I think some of the projection mapping and special effects are revolutionary, or just flat out the most exciting we've seen put together for 1 attraction, but I basically sum this up as "Spiderman, but Star Wars themed, and on steroids". Spiderman has more thrill aspect to it. I think the overall experience is going to make this a knockout win amongst the GP and thats what will matter here.

Regarding Universal's response, maybe insiders have more insight, but Mario Kart? Id think MK, 1 Fantastic Beast attraction (whether its Newt or whatever the other ride is) and the Classic Monsters ride are the ones to be looking out for.

Still, just from a POV standpoint theres so much to look at, cannot wait to experience Rise this April.

Sorry, I love Spiderman, but this is way more than just "Spiderman on Steroids". I'd say it's what a dark ride should be in 2019. Lots and lots of tech, High end AAs, state of the art projections, and epic in scope and scale.

Reactions: Jamesh22
There are queues after the transport ship and before the holding cell.

Yup.

Also to note there are no laser blasts in the air.
Funny, cause I saw it touted in the recent CNN article with quotes from Imagineers.

"Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance": Inside the new ride at Galaxy's Edge - CNN

EDIT:
"This idea that laser bolts fly through space ... that's not how lasers work on earth," said Trowbridge. "So figuring out a way to make laser blasts travel more slowly through space — like a 'slug' of laser — took some new technology."
DOUBLE EDIT:
"We're still very much in the final tweaking and tuning phase," said Trowbridge​

Sorry, I love Spiderman, but this is way more than just "Spiderman on Steroids". I'd say it's what a dark ride should be in 2019. Lots and lots of tech, High end AAs, state of the art projections, and epic in scope and scale.
Exactly, its the next evolution of Spiderman. I should've framed it that way maybe.

There are queues after the transport ship and before the holding cell.

Interesting, I was led to believe it was like very minimal queuing after the transport, guess I was wrong. :( could be due to the capacity issues however. I really think if this thing is running even at like 85-90% that things should move quickly after the transport, or thats how it was described to me anyways.

Interesting, I was led to believe it was like very minimal queuing after the transport, guess I was wrong. :( could be due to the capacity issues however. I really think if this thing is running even at like 85-90% that things should move quickly after the transport, or thats how it was described to me anyways.
I don't think it's much, just an L shaped hallway from shuttle to hangar.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Spiderman is basically a motion simulator on steroids. Sorry..not sorry.
I'm really not seeing how this ride is all that different than Spider-Man outside of having an AA in every other scene.

You sit in a dark ride vehicle going from physical scene to physical scene with screens to show action, and end in a simulated action sequence.

I'm really not seeing how this ride is all that different than Spider-Man outside of having an AA in every other scene.

You sit in a dark ride vehicle going from physical scene to physical scene with screens to show action, and end in a simulated action sequence.

I'm not going to get into a Spiderman vs Rise argument...not worth the time. I would say the differences are fairly significant to my eyes.

Also..I love Spiderman so really not trying to hate on Spiderman, I promise.

I'm not going to get into a Spiderman vs Rise argument...not worth the time. I would say the differences are fairly significant to my eyes.

I'm also not hating on Rise, as I think it being on the Spidey/FJ/IJA level of attraction is basically the best possible praise. I just don't see it being all that different.

12B9AE17-A7BA-466A-BC92-3AD535C82E45.jpeg

Right... so thats why I was stating that its Spiderman on Steroids, cause theres motion simulation in Rise a lot as well, move from scene to scene, some involve, screens, there are more AAs, hence why I said it was Spidey on steroids. Also, one debuted 20 years ago and the other is debuting today, of course there are loads of differences in some aspects. But the guy who worked on Spidey I believe worked closely on this attraction.