Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

If that's right, there isn't much wiggle room. That would be perhaps 12,000 people who are queued in boarding groups for the day.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

My guess is some groups won’t get to ride most days, so probably less. 100 per group sounds too large

I agree with the experience on this on a day like today, people cameras and phone are everywhere. I would be so pissed if I was sitting next to someone who held up their phone the whole time

I'm hearing that a boarding group is 100 people.
If that's the case, and if we assume today's capacity is half of Marni's reported 1,700 an hour based on the most recent rumors, they should let in 8 boarding groups an hour (800 people an hour). Twelve hours of full operation, at that rate, is 9,600 total riders.

This is bonkers. These numbers are insane...

I mean if this thing opened around 7am and runs say an hour past open it would have to average 750 people per hour. That seems like a somewhat reasonable expectation unless this thing is just down more than not. I bet at full capacity this would have still been capped for the day by 10am. I just cant see a scenario where this ride isn't capped pretty early for the foreseeable future. When you look at the math there is just no way around disney not having enough capacity for rides across the resort given the number of hotel rooms now. Not that opening day isn't going to be the worst of it.

So I did come to the park for a bit just to enjoy the park. Holding out slim hope that more boarding groups open up.

I’m getting the feel Disney will be getting a TON of complaints since the park is still filling up with eager guests and no one after 9am has much of a chance of getting on.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they let you in anytime after your number is up or can you miss the window? If I go and get a late enough group I'm probably likely to head to another park and come back.

Don't quote me on this, as I have not gotten confirmation, but I believe that it is running at full capacity.

That said, I have heard that the internal goal/hope of the ops team is to get 15,000 people through the ride today.

FWIW going on an opening day is a party in its own right to the point getting on the ride is almost secondary. It’s like saying Christmas is just about opening the presents.
Exactly, that’s why I’m here today. Not expecting to get on, it’s just the atmosphere. I also came on TSL opening day and didn’t ride anything.

So, it went down just after the park opened for about an hour. They got it back up and made it almost to group 30. It went down again. They got it back up and it went down immediately and that is where we stand now. It is down for the 3rd time.

I mean this is similar to Hagrid.
That's bonkers, too. Despite how good the 2019 Orlando rides are, these capacity/operational issues are just mind-boggling to me.
Don't quote me on this, as I have not gotten confirmation, but I believe that it is running at full capacity.

That said, I have heard that the internal goal/hope of the ops team is to get 15,000 people through the ride today.
If they can get 15,000 through, then that's remarkable.

I wonder how many good-luck charms they've plastered everywhere behind the scenes.