Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Imagine the amount of complaints from tourists being unable to ride the” new adventure “. Like Chris mentioned the ride will be shut down for two days in the next coming week. If the ride were to be shut down for more than a week for a refurbishment, many tourists will be frustrated because the ride just opened, and universal continues to advertise the ride on television, YouTube, etc... So it may even be possible that the refurbishment will occur with the ride remaining open, for an example, a few months ago, we saw curtains up by the i. Rex. This may happen again... Another option would be not having a refurbishment at all. LOL

To be fair, it will be the coldest time of the year so not many people will want to go on a water ride, it's the off season and rides all have to go down for refurb at some point.

Well, it looks like it’s confirmed. Doesn’t say it’s for two days though.

let’s hope we finally get A-Mode Indominus.

Going to be in LA in a few weeks for an interview and thought about going to USH on the day I have off to check out the park, with this being the main draw. Doubt SLOP will be open in a few weeks, I’ll be back in LA again someday so I can do the studio tour, so frankly this ride was the main draw.

You guys thinking just hold off maybe until I return again this year or in 2021?

Going to be in LA in a few weeks for an interview and thought about going to USH on the day I have off to check out the park, with this being the main draw. Doubt SLOP will be open in a few weeks, I’ll be back in LA again someday so I can do the studio tour, so frankly this ride was the main draw.

You guys thinking just hold off maybe until I return again this year or in 2021?
If things are working as bad as some posters here have stated, it seems like it would be best to wait until they get their act together on this attraction, so you can experience it the way it 'should' operate. Sounds like it's a bit of a mess right now.

I honestly think that there not gunna take that risk losing money as the rumored 1.5 month refurb would take place in
march= spring break crowds. January 8th is much better and can maybe end at the end of febuary. I doubt its gunna take a month, but honestly dont expect much to change on the ride. They honestly shouldve kept the original ride if the current ride is doing this bad. Just my opinion.

PDPNqzR
Just found out why this refurb is only 2 days, transformers is going under refurb for 2 weeks, so Jurassic will probably close for the “big refurbishment” in the beginning of February. Which brings me to my next point, what can be done in a 2 day refurbishment? It’s simple, the express queue area always confuses guests on which direction to go, so the express queue will expand by adding holes to the ground to allow the express queue to start closer to the Jurassic World arch with a sign that’s shows “universal express” with an arrow pointing to the left side of the chain. Another thing I’d see them add is the curtains once again around the i rex. Smaller issues can also be fixed, such as the squeaking noise from the i rex after the small drop. Also I found the tear you all were talking about, it’s huge! Check out this screenshot I took from jpland21s video.

So, im not as up to date on the operations here although I know they've been rough since this opened. Who is exactly to blame here for the ride not being ready whatsoever? This worries me with Comcast right now with 2 major attractions opening last year to botched openings. Yes Hagrid's was last minute but it still happened and still happens now. Can't help but see it as a worry sign for future attractions.

So, im not as up to date on the operations here although I know they've been rough since this opened. Who is exactly to blame here for the ride not being ready whatsoever? This worries me with Comcast right now with 2 major attractions opening last year to botched openings. Yes Hagrid's was last minute but it still happened and still happens now. Can't help but see it as a worry sign for future attractions.
Seems like UC West had a rough debut.