Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Heading to UOR this weekend...any last minute tips on getting on this ride? Is it still breaking down on a regular basis?

Heading to UOR this weekend...any last minute tips on getting on this ride? Is it still breaking down on a regular basis?
While today was not so good most days have been a lot better regarding break downs. I would make it the first thing you do at the park. I haven’t meet a single person who hasn’t loved the attraction after riding no matter how long the wait.
The wait time is usually greatly exaggerated as noted numerous times in the thread. It seems the average wait is around 45 minutes. Once past the preshow(if it is running) the line moves much quicker and almost continuous.
Riding the Motorbike makes you want to lean in as if you were driving it(remember Dragon Fire is for emergencies only). Sidecar is lower to ground and makes you want to keep your hands in the air.
Nighttime rides are awesome, however sunset rides are the best(IMO).
Hope you enjoy your ride and that everything goes smooth. I’m sure you’ll love it.
:grin:

Looking at Touring Plans the past month and change, it appears to be running 90% to 100% most days. But there is the occasional day with weather issues where it drops to apx. 70% up time, 30% downtime, or late opening. But not many of those anymore.

Today’s issues were due to cold weather. New issues pop up in extreme weather swings.

its supppsed to be in the mid 60s while I’m there. Will I have problems too? Didn’t know cold weather effected the coaster, only rain.

its supppsed to be in the mid 60s while I’m there. Will I have problems too? Didn’t know cold weather effected the coaster, only rain.

Large structures contract and expand under unusual weather plus some coasters just don't run under a certain temp. For example opening summer of Steel Vengeance I was about to get on the coaster and the transfer track got stuck because the wood expanded as it was the first hot day of the year. They had to bring out maintenance to grind down the track so it would slide. Cold temps could effect sensors, track switches, etc. Of course once they've hit these issues they'll fix them and move on and it won't happen again.

Well I really hope i don’t have any issues , I’ll be so bummed if I can’t ride it. I’m at the park two days, so hopefully I’ll get lucky one or the other.

Well I really hope i don’t have any issues , I’ll be so bummed if I can’t ride it. I’m at the park two days, so hopefully I’ll get lucky one or the other.

Have you not ridden it yet?

My gosh, it's such a great ride. I was smiling ear to ear the whole time. I tried to describe it to someone that was going to USO at my work, and I just said it's FUN.

You will love it! I would echo what everyone else has said, go at rope drop, the lunch hour, and/or when it's about to close. Many times, the workers outside of the ride will tell you to come back before X time to make sure that you get on

Good luck! I hope you get a night ride in too!

Have you not ridden it yet?

My gosh, it's such a great ride. I was smiling ear to ear the whole time. I tried to describe it to someone that was going to USO at my work, and I just said it's FUN.

You will love it! I would echo what everyone else has said, go at rope drop, the lunch hour, and/or when it's about to close. Many times, the workers outside of the ride will tell you to come back before X time to make sure that you get on

Good luck! I hope you get a night ride in too!
Some coasters are airtime machines this is a smile machine.

Something I've been thinking about: What will Hagrid wait times look like when the Jurassic Coaster opens in 2021(?), I wasn't even a lurker here when Gringotts opened so I have no reference point for what happened FJ > Gringotts or Gringotts > Hagrid's wait times.

Rode yesterday evening front row motorbike in the twilight of the evening with the freezing cold. Very immersive and honestly the best ride I have had on the attraction.
Fluffy seems to be working again(had some downtime last week)except for ol'lefty.
I've also noticed that the audio in the hut seems to be cutting off earlier than it used to.

Rode yesterday evening front row motorbike in the twilight of the evening with the freezing cold. Very immersive and honestly the best ride I have had on the attraction.
Fluffy seems to be working again(had some downtime last week)except for ol'lefty.
I've also noticed that the audio in the hut seems to be cutting off earlier than it used to.

what time did you get in line, and how long was the wait?