The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The original idea of Fallen was basically Angels vs Demons until they twisted it up and made it more about the "Light vs Dark". There were angel corpses that originally had wings, but they were removed as it was felt, by Universal themselves, it may have crossed the line.

You have to remember though. That's evil beings literally murdering and slaughtering a bunch of holy symbols.

They still had the demons in the house, which would basically be the only "Satanic" content in a Sabrina house.

There's a big difference between a Satanic inspired figure appearing, and a Satanic figure actually conducting an evil act.

You have to remember though. That's evil beings literally murdering and slaughtering a bunch of holy symbols.

They still had the demons in the house, which would basically be the only "Satanic" content in a Sabrina house.

There's a big difference between a Satanic inspired figure appearing, and a Satanic figure actually conducting an evil act.

Have you seen Sabrina? It's all about pledging loyalty to actually Satan. :lol:

Have you seen Sabrina? It's all about pledging loyalty to actually Satan. :lol:

Sure, but what does he actually do that Christians would have an issue with? He's just kind of a religious specter that hangs over the show.

A quick fix for the house? Just don't have anyone mutter the word "Satan". Plenty of other content past that.

Edit: One clarification. I am not caught up through season three. So, they may have the devil snacking down on a baby head in the finale, and I wouldn't know.

Sure, but what does he actually do that Christians would have an issue with? He's just kind of a religious specter that hangs over the show.

A quick fix for the house? Just don't have anyone mutter the word "Satan". Plenty of other content past that.

Edit: One clarification. I am not caught up through season three. So, they may have the devil snacking down on a baby head in the finale, and I wouldn't know.

I'm just stating why I think Universal would be apprehensive about bringing it in. Sure, there are ways around it - but that doesn't mean it's completely clear of any pushback and if Universal feels that's a headache they're willing to deal with. If Sabrina was #1 show on TV? Yes. A middle of the pack show? Probably not.

FWIW It personally doesn't bother me. I stopped somewhere in Part 2 because I found the show to be "meh". It started great, but really began dragging.

It’s also important to remember that the event’s design is beholden to upper management more so than guests. And their are plenty of church-going, God-fearing managers at Universal. If they’re squeamish about Lucifer’s presence at the event, it can put the kibosh on stuff quickly.

People still don't get that the fans aren't in charge. The people who run Uni are in charge. What they say goes. This event is about making money first and foremost, but it's also about putting on a good product that THEY (not us, THEY) are comfortable with. Once everyone realizes that, it makes the offseason a lot less stressful because, at the end of the day, we have next to no input on what comes UNLESS IT EFFECTS THEIR BOTTOM LINE (hence the ipad people outside of the gates). So, my humble advice to everyone is to just enjoy speculation/rumor season, have fun solving brain teasers, debate how certain properties will work, etc, but don't get too worked up over what is/isn't coming. Because, in the end, if you love the event, you're going to go regardless. And if you hate a certain aspect of the event (a house or show or whatever), then just skip it. There's plenty to do. And not putting too much emotion into what is/isn't coming will make your Nov-Aug months much more relaxing. Just my thoughts on this.

This is the team that ultimately changed the Purger with a "god" mask to "dog" and omitted the "God Forgive Us" visual from Walking Dead. And the one that cut the voodoo sacrifice after a single weekend.

Straying too near religion is a no go. I don't like it, but it's still a corporate event.

This is the team that ultimately changed the Purger with a "god" mask to "dog" and omitted the "God Forgive Us" visual from Walking Dead. And the one that cut the voodoo sacrifice after a single weekend.

Straying too near religion is a no go. I don't like it, but it's still a corporate event.
It's a corporate event in the south east, on the fringes of the Bible Belt.

Orlando still has a church on every corner.

It's a corporate event in the south east, on the fringes of the Bible Belt.

Orlando still has a church on every corner.
Which gets back to my original point that the lines these people (meaning Christians and Bible-Belters) tend to draw along "good and evil" are utterly arbitrary. I mean, on a purely ascetic level, the mere existence of HHN should be considered blasphemous to anyone who claims to be a Christian. The fact that most will gladly partake in all the excessive gore and violence and references to sex/drugs/alcohol, but then draw the line at the guy who's (by their own belief) the force behind all that gore and violence and sex and drugs and alcohol is just beyond my comprehension. But whatever.

I'm digging into this subject a little more now, and how did this make it through? Urban Inferno

Reactions: DannyPowers
Which gets back to my original point that the lines these people (meaning Christians and Bible-Belters) tend to draw along "good and evil" are utterly arbitrary. I mean, on a purely ascetic level, the mere existence of HHN should be considered blasphemous to anyone who claims to be a Christian. The fact that most will gladly partake in all the excessive gore and violence and references to sex/drugs/alcohol, but then draw the line at the guy who's (by their own belief) the force behind all that gore and violence and sex and drugs and alcohol is just beyond my comprehension. But whatever.

I'm digging into this subject a little more now, and how did this make it through? Urban Inferno

It shouldn't surprise me, but it does: I wear HAIL SATAN shirts quite regularly at Universal, and it will raise eyebrows sometimes, and that's fine, and Dora the Explorer once refused a picture unless I zipped my hoodie, and that's also fine, but do you believe the only times anyone has verbally expressed offense has been at HHN - including once outside of House of 1000 Corpses? Trust, friends and neighbors, it's the truth.

Right, I guess I’m just speaking generally about Satanic imagery and HHN as a whole. But that’s fair, something that’s permissible in one park isn’t automatically permissible in another. (It was a lame scare zone, FWIW.)

Hollywood gets away with things that Orlando does not. "God" mask Purger, "God Forgive Us" Walking Dead visual, explicitly hell-themed zones (between Urban Inferno and the literal Welcome to Hell).

Reactions: viking_wizard_eyes
off topic, but do you guys think that with the insanely positive reviews invisible man is getting that it could pull an “us” and be a latecomer? i know i was apprehensive about it coming but if it’s THAT good, then is there a chance hhn would want to capitalize off of it?

I'm sure they would if they could figure out a way to do it... but I just don't see how it's going to be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.