The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I guess I’m just speaking generally about Satanic imagery and HHN as a whole. But that’s fair, something that’s permissible in one park isn’t automatically permissible in another. (It was a lame scare zone, FWIW.)
Different management. Different designers. Different market.

Hollywood is a far more secular audience than Central Florida, and is also in direct competition with more haunts (Knott's, Queen Mary, 13th Gate, House of Horrors... just... look). Softening anything in Hollywood means a loss of market share. They've had nude mannequins and no one batted an eye. That's something Orlando has never done. And Orlando doesn't HAVE to do it. Universal isn't in direct competition with anyone in Central Florida.

I cannot reiterate enough how different and disconnected the two coasts are in how they do everything.

So I haven't been in here in a bit. The La Bamba rumor - if this comes to fruition, would it be actually INSIDE the building? Or maybe a tent behind it?

And if it is inside, where do we think RIP tour's base would be? Maybe Lombard's?

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
I have faith that if HHNO really wants to use Sabrina and they have to play around with the Satanic imagery, they’ll find a way to make it work.

They could do a Sabrina House based on the Netflix show in Hollywood and one based on the ABC Melissa Joan-Hart vehicle in Orlando... Problem solved.
They can even bring back Penn and Teller as her, what were they, uncles?

Reactions: jrn14
off topic, but do you guys think that with the insanely positive reviews invisible man is getting that it could pull an “us” and be a latecomer? i know i was apprehensive about it coming but if it’s THAT good, then is there a chance hhn would want to capitalize off of it?

Hm...sauce? No Tomatometer reveal yet.

Reactions: redy2468
off topic, but do you guys think that with the insanely positive reviews invisible man is getting that it could pull an “us” and be a latecomer? i know i was apprehensive about it coming but if it’s THAT good, then is there a chance hhn would want to capitalize off of it?
I don't think it would be a bad idea, but on the other hand, I have a feeling that they're going to stick to the actual UCM for the parks and HHN, by and large.

So I haven't been in here in a bit. The La Bamba rumor - if this comes to fruition, would it be actually INSIDE the building? Or maybe a tent behind it?

And if it is inside, where do we think RIP tour's base would be? Maybe Lombard's?

Rumor is inside, with queue behind the building. Enter the back, exit the front, keep em off the streets. There was a debate about building size/useable space a bit back so skip back a few pages. The size of CLB seems to be somewhere in the range of the tents, but I forget the exact numbers. At that point it just becomes a matter of how much of that can actually be utilized.

Midvale clue:

I’m taking a different route and steering away from IPs.
Midvale, Utah is the hometown of several notable people. One of those people is Don L. Lind. Don L. Lind was a Naval Aviator and was selected for Astronaut Group 5. He helped develop the EVA activities for Apollo 11 and was CAPCOM for Apollo 11 & 12. Lind was only on one flight as a payload commander. He designed an experiment to capture the earth’s aurora, and performed experiments regarding microgravity. This flight was on Challenger. Challenger is best known due to the ‘86 disaster. So, we have an astronaut who performed experiments on a doomed space shuttle. My guess is Interstellar Terror sequel or prequel.

Midvale clue:

I’m taking a different route and steering away from IPs.
Midvale, Utah is the hometown of several notable people. One of those people is Don L. Lind. Don L. Lind was a Naval Aviator and was selected for Astronaut Group 5. He helped develop the EVA activities for Apollo 11 and was CAPCOM for Apollo 11 & 12. Lind was only on one flight as a payload commander. He designed an experiment to capture the earth’s aurora, and performed experiments regarding microgravity. This flight was on Challenger. Challenger is best known due to the ‘86 disaster. So, we have an astronaut who performed experiments on a doomed space shuttle. My guess is Interstellar Terror sequel or prequel.

I would be so down but we did have a spiritual sister to that house this year...of which I was one of maybe five fans.

Last edited:
Different management. Different designers. Different market.

Hollywood is a far more secular audience than Central Florida, and is also in direct competition with more haunts (Knott's, Queen Mary, 13th Gate, House of Horrors... just... look). Softening anything in Hollywood means a loss of market share. They've had nude mannequins and no one batted an eye. That's something Orlando has never done. And Orlando doesn't HAVE to do it. Universal isn't in direct competition with anyone in Central Florida.

I cannot reiterate enough how different and disconnected the two coasts are in how they do everything.

Can confirm. I have lived within 2 hours of both Hollywood and Orlando in my life. Despite both being warm weather and "near" the beach, the views and values of the people in those 2 places are polar opposites. Orlando is much more reserved, more religious overall, more conservative. Hollywood is total opposite. It's a total culture shock for me now when I fly out to visit family in Hollywood.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I would be so down but we did have a spiritual sister to that house this year...of which I was one of maybe five people who was a fan.

Depths of Fear is somewhat a spiritual successor. I didn’t experience it, but my impression was that it was more Abyss/Leviathan than Sphere. IT was Event Horizon and the closest underwater movie concept to that is Sphere.

Reactions: Sledge
Depths of Fear is somewhat a spiritual successor. I didn’t experience it, but my impression was that it was more Abyss/Leviathan than Sphere. IT was Event Horizon and the closest underwater movie concept to that is Sphere.

Regardless, I don't feel like that's the answer. But I don't feel confident in any answer to that clue LOL

Reactions: mystiquephreeq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts