Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should not need to rely on Netflix so much, not every show on Netflix needs to be given a house, Sabrina, decent thriller, Haunting decent but ST was given the key to be a house and twice at that, Creepshow could be a possibility especially since Universal and AMC have a thing after TWD and Greg Nicotero and AMC will be having the first season Creepshow air on tv later this year before the second hits Shudder, so it already has an exposure without people having to buy it on Shudder and it will be released on Bluray in May as well, so promotional stuff is there to release for the house.

Haunting I feel had an opportunity but was definitely passed, they should definitely wait out on it. Friday The 13th would be great to see return to event, seeing Jason twice was awesome but for a third time would be even better, The Thing doesn't seem like a big ticketed IP but it is a 80s Cult Classic Horror Film, very misunderstood and has great effects to it, I don't think it would be too expensive as the 2011 remake house they had done. I could see em reusing props from Thing Assimilation and the 2011 remake house to cut costs. Scream long overdue and has a chance to redeem itself this year, something it didn't get to do at 25.

Last edited:
To relay on Hill House, it isn't like they don't have a new season in the works of being released this year...

...ohwait.

__

To guess on things (as I've tried to keep myself in the dark), I do not necessarily rule it out, if only because it may be something that was approached before--but held off to better tie in with The Haunting of Bly Manor.

To relay on Hill House, it isn't like they don't have a new season in the works of being released this year...

...ohwait.

__

To guess on things (as I've tried to keep myself in the dark), I do not necessarily rule it out, if only because it may be something that was approached before--but held off to better tie in with The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Season 2 just finished wrapping already last month and it might be schedule for the Summer or Fall but possibly for the fall, so it definitely has potential, so it's a tie between those two in coming but if Universal is really trying to find something to replace ST so hard this year by putting Haunting, it seems very ehh you know, the house might seem good though, I'd give it a try and plus season 2 might be good, it's up in the air for that at the moment but not every Netflix show has to be at the event.

Wouldn’t Scream just be Halloween (person in mask jumps out again and again) except with a much weaker, less scary bad guy?

It’s just one guy in a mask, right? Rinse and repeat for every room?

You could say that for every house though. That's why they put creative people in charge of designing them.

Yeti could easily have been "It's just a Yeti jumping out over and over again". It's the design of the scares that make the houses unique.

I agree, the setting and where you put the scareactors is what makes the house better and better, the more you add to it, the less you notice the scares coming at you, you get distracted by a perfect portrait and oh no there is someone behind it, the illusions and usage of the scares, the usage of sif in the houses to keep you distracted to move and run into a scare without noticing it coming, Universal designs every year something different to the houses so that it doesn't feel the same way you remembered before, they did that very in some ips, others were either because of space or people pointed em out.

I've been trying to find new ways to connect iZombie to the listed items, but I feel like I'm just making it work because I see the possible endings. You can connect anything to anything if you try hard enough.

Let’s say Friday the 13th is a possibility. HHN 17 Jack was icon and Jason was there. HHN 25 Jack was icon Jason was there. HHN 30 if jack is icon it would make sense for Jason. Also I feel like Jason could easily sell more merch then hill house scream. Also Friday does turn 40 this year.

I feel like that's a coincidence you know, Jason is a legend, I would love to see a Friday The 13th Best Of House up to Jason Goes to Hell, skip FVJ since it happened at 25 but make a homage to it and just when you thought it was over, you find yourself on the spaceship and here comes Uber Jason for the final scare, one can only dream lol

GUESSES ON THIS MADDENINGLY DIFFICULT CLUE AFTER TAYLOR 13 GOT US TO ROB THOMAS:

STEMMING FROM IZOMBIE PATH (more likely):
Rob Zombie house
Scary Tales return (debunked)
Catacombs sequel (debunked)
Mythology house (debunked)
Dead Exposure sequel

A Clockwork Orange
Scream
The Faculty
The Walking Dead
The Shining
Dr. Sleep
Shady Brook Rest Home
The Changeling (debunked)
Sabrina
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Supernatural
Brain Dead/Dead Alive
Frankenstein
George Romero property/Day Of The Dead
Run sequel
Leprechaun
Alfred Hitchcock house
Truth Or Dare
Body Collectors return
Hellraiser

The Thing
The Ring
Lucifer
Haunting of Hill House

STEMMING FROM ROB THOMAS PATH (less likely):
Lost Boys (debunked)
My Bloody Valentine
Friday the 13th (but Jason X was debunked)
Sabrina
Haunting of Hill House
Hellraiser (debunked)
Candyman (debunked)

* NOTE: When I say (debunked) it means that @Legacy responded in a fashion that would make it seem like this is NOT the answer. Also, he has pretty much stated anything stemming from Veronica Mars is incorrect so I did not list those here.

** SECOND NOTE: The fact that Legacy intimated that this could be the first announcement, I STRONGLY believe it would be an IP instead of an original (since IPs are almost always the first house announcement). So I'm going to strikethrough "original" guesses on that premise.

*** THIRD EDIT: Stuck out Hellraiser and Candyman because @Legacy debunked those too.

If Legacy believes that they should announce this house first, its got to be big. At least big enough to be recognizable to the casual fan. That hasn't always been the case, like in 2013 when they announced Cabin in the Woods first, with TWD coming a month later. Recent history, however, skews to a big name. Stranger Things 1 & 2, AHS, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre were the last 4 years, with the 25th anniversary announcing Jack as the Icon first. Given that Legacy said the PUSH clue was a house, we can maybe stay closer to the big IP.

The question is then which of these houses on that list could anchor an anniversary announcement? I come up with the following:
-Scream
-TWD
-The Shining
-George Romero/Day of the Dead

Of those, Scream seems to me to be the most likely to move the needle given it's popularity with even non-horror fans and having a marketability for merch and advertisements. However, didn't the scream clue technically come from Veronica Mars? Kristen Bell being in Scream 4 was the connection. Unless I missed another connection?

That’s kinda my stance on it. Someone has to nail my solution.

Ok folks, I think I MIGHT have figured it out (and I rarely "call my shot" - last time I did was when I nailed the Sane Abandoned clue). So, HERE WE GO:

* Far Side Clue = Push
* Push is a famous Matchbox 20 song
* Rob Thomas is the Lead Singer of Matchbox 20
* A different Rob Thomas is the writer of iZombie
* iZombie leads to the name Rob Zombie
* Rob Zombie wrote and directed Halloween remake (2007)
* The original Halloween (1978) was written and directed by John Carpenter
* John Carpenter directed THE THING
* Final answer = THE THING

I feel like that's a coincidence you know, Jason is a legend, I would love to see a Friday The 13th Best Of House up to Jason Goes to Hell, skip FVJ since it happened at 25 but make a homage to it and just when you thought it was over, you find yourself on the spaceship and here comes Uber Jason for the final scare, one can only dream lol
Oh man talk about perfection

If Legacy believes that they should announce this house first, its got to be big. At least big enough to be recognizable to the casual fan. That hasn't always been the case, like in 2013 when they announced Cabin in the Woods first, with TWD coming a month later. Recent history, however, skews to a big name. Stranger Things 1 & 2, AHS, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre were the last 4 years, with the 25th anniversary announcing Jack as the Icon first. Given that Legacy said the PUSH clue was a house, we can maybe stay closer to the big IP.

The question is then which of these houses on that list could anchor an anniversary announcement? I come up with the following:
-Scream
-TWD
-The Shining
-George Romero/Day of the Dead

Of those, Scream seems to me to be the most likely to move the needle given it's popularity with even non-horror fans and having a marketability for merch and advertisements. However, didn't the scream clue technically come from Veronica Mars? Kristen Bell being in Scream 4 was the connection. Unless I missed another connection?

The Shining already happened and they got lucky with bringing it to the event but I don't see it really returning, TWD if they actually utilize the characters for the show for a change and see how it worked well with Stranger Things, I think the house would do a bit better since fans of the show would get to see the characters they remember instead of just Walker central the entire time. Day Of The Dead wouldn't top sadly but it's definitely a house that should have been used at 29 especially it's notice in Season 3 of ST and the fact 28 had Poltergeist which was mentioned in the year that ST season 1 took place, GB took place in Season 2, Day Of The Dead would have worked as well and I think would be good to have as a Romero homage house at least tied with Night and Dawn. Scream definitely should get its due this year.

Ok folks, I think I MIGHT have figured it out (and I rarely "call my shot" - last time I did was when I nailed the Sane Abandoned clue). So, HERE WE GO:

* Far Side Clue = Push

Between yours and my guess for The Thing, I'll be disappointed if it's not The Thing lmao.

* Far Side Clue = Push

It took me until this guess to make a iZombie - Rob Zombie connection. Never even crossed my mind.

It took me until this guess to make a iZombie - Rob Zombie jump. Never even crossed my mind.

Me neither. It didn't hit me until this morning actually. And it was just me catching a glimpse of how "iZombie" is crafted with a capital "Z" like it's a name (even though I had typed it that way numerous times, it just didn't register). It all fell right into place after that. I'm HOPING I got this one right - @Legacy said he would confirm if someone "nailed it". That's why I posted the entire guess from start to finish. It feels right - doesn't mean that it is obviously, but it feels that way.

If so, you did the really tough part getting us to iZombie. Kudos.

Status
Not open for further replies.