The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 242 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been discussed before but bears repeating.

Sabrina dabbling with satanic worship causes some issues when you consider what Universal has done in previous years in depicting anything satanic. Even Zombie's zone last year had a fake pentagram to avoid any of those headaches.
And yet they had inverted crosses on the oilcans

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Beetlejuice and Gremlins are all Warner Bros properties so I'm still hopeful we might actually see The Conjuring this year!

Reactions: tankart150
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Beetlejuice and Gremlins are all Warner Bros properties so I'm still hopeful we might actually see The Conjuring this year!
While I would love the conjuring at the event, I wouldn’t expect it. It would be a good house but because of licensing it’s probably best to not get our hopes up.

Personally I prefer that they don’t get into religious stuff, so I appreciate that
It's my religion they're avoiding, so I think a little representation is okay. On the other hand, I'd prefer they not do Sabrina, as they still haven't paid my church for stealing our copyrighted image of Baphomet. Yes, I know Baphomet is itself public domain, but the specific statue that they are using is a copyrighted image.

It's my religion they're avoiding, so I think a little representation is okay. On the other hand, I'd prefer they not do Sabrina, as they still haven't paid my church for stealing our copyrighted image of Baphomet. Yes, I know Baphomet is itself public domain, but the specific statue that they are using is a copyrighted image.
Understood, but I guess what I’m saying is that I prefer the event not represent or associate with any religion at all, not mine, not yours, that’s not what Halloween Horror Nights is for.

Understood, but I guess what I’m saying is that I prefer the event not represent or associate with any religion at all, not mine, not yours, that’s not what Halloween Horror Nights is for.

It's Halloween. Some Satanic imagery is appropriate at this event, if they choose to use it. I recognize we won't see eye to eye on this, best to leave it there.

Fair enough. So it seems to me like the Gremlins rumor kind of came and went right?
I think it's more that, what else are you gonna say? It's a rumor, and a strong one, and that's that on that for now. That's the one thing I don't like about the annual speculation orgy, there's very little that's actually said, and you have to Wade through a lot of what James Brown called "talking loud, sayin nothin" to get to it.

The thing I find odd about the Gremlins rumor is that, while I wouldn’t mind it, who was asking for that IP and why this year of all years?
Me, not to put too fine a point on it. It was the first horror film I saw in the theaters, I was eight, and they had to carry me bawling out of the microwave scene. It has the potential to top Werewolf for best puppet based house.

The thing I find odd about the Gremlins rumor is that, while I wouldn’t mind it, who was asking for that IP and why this year of all years?

I got super excited by this rumour. I LOVED gremlins as a kid, and this would take me back to my childhood. It would be a fun house, with potential for a few good scares, but also something different from what they’ve done before. I also think that the merch for this would sell incredibly well. I mean who wouldn’t want to take home their own mogwai? For me it’s a no brainer.

[
...and then you watched Ilsa, She Wolf when you got home...
That was two years or so later, but yes, you're accurately describing one step in the Rev-cipe.

contrary to popular belief, inverted crosses aren’t satanic symbols. the real cross for satanism is pretty hardcore, though.
That is so, and as a Satanist, the Leviathan cross holds special meaning to me, but if you pull Johnny Bagadonuts off the street, show him an LC and an inverted cross and say SATAN, which one does he point to? That's the kind of lizard-brain quick-recognition that an event like HHN wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just looking into visuals form billie eilish videos, and interestingly enough learned her music video “bury a friend” took inspiration from many horror movies and shows primarily AHS and babadook

edit: just watched the video for the first time, the hallway it primarily takes place in with all its eerie aspects feels like it lends itself to a maze pretty well if done right. and it’s storyline is somewhat of a prequel to her good girls go to hell music video where she gets the devils wings and fire everywhere. unsure if all of her videos are connected in a single storyline like these two

Last edited:
I got super excited by this rumour. I LOVED gremlins as a kid, and this would take me back to my childhood. It would be a fun house, with potential for a few good scares, but also something different from what they’ve done before. I also think that the merch for this would sell incredibly well. I mean who wouldn’t want to take home their own mogwai? For me it’s a no brainer.

Bingo! I've wanted Gremlins for a while - and like you said, the merch would definitely sell. I can see all the Mogwai plushies and shirts in the Tribute store now.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.