Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Heroic Hollywood, it seems like they be announcing a new cut of Justice League coming soon, possibly announced by Wednesday.

Will this be a free patch for my currently existing copy of Justice League? :grin:. The game balance is wack and Superman's face glitches out.

I'm not convinced Snyder's cut will be much better (I don't like his fixation on making Superman depressed and/or a potential antagonist, which is how I've heard his cut positioned the character), but I'm definitely very curious to see it.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Confirmed on the Man of Steel watch along: Zack Snyder's Justice League will be exclusively on HBO Max in 2021 :)

My morbid curiosity will compel me to watch it, and I appreciate that WB's apparently letting Snyder actually finish it and polish it, but yeah... it's not going to be great!

So firstly, HBO *really* wants you to know that this isn’t the Whedon version based on the size of the text used for Snyder’s name. :lol:

Second, This may not be a movie. Either a 4 hour movie or 6 episode mini-series by the sounds of it and the budgeted $20-30M for VFX to be finished.

You guys really just cant let people be happy at things they wanna be passionate about don't y'all.

I can think the movie will still be crap while respecting someone's anticipation for it. If you like it, you like it.

I'm just not going to be surprised if it still ends up as a bad movie, just one that got a big re-edit.

This also tells me that there really wasn't a true Snyder Cut version to begin with, just an idea of one.

I hate to say it, but I'll watch it again. I still think indulging the toxic fans was a bad move, but it's ultimately a brilliant get for HBOMAX.

Yea - I'll watch it day 1, too. :lol:

Reactions: HereWeGo and Clive
Well, I know when I'm getting my free trial

EDIT: Even if it's bad, I have no doubt this cut will make significantly more interesting choices in comparison to the rather bland and tame OG movie.

Reactions: chris.g
You guys really just cant let people be happy at things they wanna be passionate about don't y'all.

I can be happy we're getting it and also think it probably won't end up being very good!

I'm fascinated by alternate versions of films (the "Richard Donner Cut" of SUPERMAN II is probably the closest comparison we have for this).

This also tells me that there really wasn't a true Snyder Cut version to begin with, just an idea of one.

In fairness, a lot of effects for some of Snyder's key sequences were either never finished or finished by Whedon in a way clashing with Snyder's intentions. I suspect much of the budget is going in that direction.

Reactions: SeventyOne
...is it? I'm not convinced it will move more than an insignificant number of subscriptions.

It's an exclusive piece of content that's generated a semi-unprecedented level of fervor, toxic or justified or not. I'm not saying it'll propel them to immediate success, but it's the closest you can get to generating buzz without actually producing a show with the virality of The Mandalorian.

It's an exclusive piece of content that's generated a semi-unprecedented level of fervor, toxic or justified or not. I'm not saying it'll propel them to immediate success, but it's the closest you can get to generating buzz without actually producing a show with the virality of The Mandalorian.

There's also the chance, albeit small, that it turns out to be received well which should help sell subs.

Eh. I dunno. We'll see. But this feels an awful lot like it's leading to me saying my favorite thing, which is "Twitter is not real life".

Vocal twitter campaigns don't tend to lead to actual dollars.