Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cavill should be a lock, given the fact that he was with Snyder when the news broke out, and I'm almost going to bet that the budget for this project will be around 30-60 million once it's done; especially if they want to get Affleck back for Batman/Bruce. It may also help if Snyder and Affleck have been on engaging conversations together about this too..
It's rumored to be $20-30M. I don't know that they could justify $60M. I really don't think they're going to be doing much filming anyway... most of the money is going towards the VFX and score, which were never finished in Snyder's version.

Yes!!!! I can't wait. I liked Man of Steel, Batman v Superman director's cut....so I hope Snyder's Justice League is in the same ballpark. I'll be happy. It's already going to be long so that's a good sign.

Yes!!!! I can't wait. I liked Man of Steel, Batman v Superman director's cut....so I hope Snyder's Justice League is in the same ballpark. I'll be happy. It's already going to be long so that's a good sign.
Long doesn't necessarily mean good. It means there's a lot of footage. If it's any good is TBD.

Long doesn't necessarily mean good. It means there's a lot of footage. If it's any good is TBD.

True, but Watchman was cut short for theaters, was better as a longer film. BvS was cut short for theaters, was better as a long film. Justice League was cut short for theaters.....that one's not on Snyder, and he seems to have a problem with editing good films into a reasonable runtime, but if they're letting him do 4 hours or 6 episodes or whatever, I'm inclined to be excited by it.

Yeah, I'm not so sure Affleck will want to do this. In the interval between BvS and JL, he seemed to have lost all his enthusiasm for the role.

But the real difficulty's going to be in rounding up all the supporting players who haven't really shown any support for Snyder's cut. Are actors like Amy Adams and Ciaran Hinds even going to want to be a part of this movie again?

One of the reasons I think this is a questionable idea is that this is putting Ben Affleck's Batman back in a starring role in a "new" Justice League mini-series in the same calendar year that we're supposed to be turning the page away from Affleck and onto Pattinson.

What Snyder did to Superman was straight up character assassination. He’s a hopeful altruist, not the grim dark man baby he’s portrayed as. God those movies are awful.

What Snyder did to Superman was straight up character assassination. He’s a hopeful altruist, not the grim dark man baby he’s portrayed as. God those movies are awful.
This is some OK Boomer content. People wanted the boy scout back and Superman Returns was a failure. I love these movies. Even Lynch has gone as far to back up the direction Snyder went in. Time to move past Christopher Reeve. It's B.S. to say Cavill/ Man of Steel isn't hopeful. It helped me cope in a time I felt utterly useless and I hated Superman before Man of Steel. I think he's done a terrific job.

This is some OK Boomer content. People wanted the boy scout back and Superman Returns was a failure. I love these movies. Even Lynch has gone as far to back up the direction Snyder went in. Time to move past Christopher Reeve. It's B.S. to say Cavill/ Man of Steel isn't hopeful. It helped me cope in a time I felt utterly useless and I hated Superman before Man of Steel. I think he's done a terrific job.

Ok, boomer?! I’m 35. This has saved me more than once. All Star Superman 2012.

Attachments

• D04B9345-93B5-4AA5-81B3-11022A6C1D6D.jpeg
    D04B9345-93B5-4AA5-81B3-11022A6C1D6D.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 15

...I'm going to throw my line in the sand: The depiction of Superman isn't the issue. Nor has it been an issue. It's a grounded take on the character, as it felt for MoS/BVS that he was trying to figure out..the good that he could do.

I think for JL, we aren't..going to see as many changes as people expect. Just, it being much more fleshed out and showcased; as there is small elements of comedy in both MoS/BvS, but it isn't supposed to take over a film's tone like how JL did.

The tone's I've gotten from the past are this:

Man of Steel tackles that of Clark Kent, discovering his powers and testing the initial boundaries, and is put to the breaking point because of Zod being a natural warrior, with more experience than that of Clark/Kal El. Once he snaps Zod's neck, Clark and Kal El begin to lose the innocence. And while they want to protect the planet they call home, the value of sacrifice is drilled in.

BvS, tackles on the ramifications of Superman's actions from MoS, and how it effects the DCEU's Earth in many ways. From that of Diana and Bruce stepping out to the shadows, to people like Lex wanting to test how people view Superman. And for Clark/Kal, it's about finding his place if he does belong on the planet that he has called home; especially as he gets kicked down multiple times for it.

I could see Justice League tackling on the subject of how Clark Kent and Superman's Death affects the universe properly; as for all intents..he is absurdly powerful. Powerful enough, to where Darkseid notices more easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Tragedy
...I'm going to throw my line in the sand: The depiction of Superman isn't the issue. Nor has it been an issue. It's a grounded take on the character, as it felt for MoS/BVS that he was trying to figure out..the good that he could do.

I think for JL, we aren't..going to see as many changes as people expect. Just, it being much more fleshed out and showcased; as there is small elements of comedy in both MoS/BvS, but it isn't supposed to take over a film's tone like how JL did.

I respect that. I just don’t think Superman needs
to be fleshed out. He just....makes the right decisions.

One page doesn't define the entirety of his complexion. I think Snyder hit the nail on the head with Superman's presence in the contemporary world and his Jesus persona - being that he still saves the world despite knowing he'd be rejected. Youre ripping the page out of an already established Superman within the DC Comics while the DCEU has only properly had him in two outings (3 if you count JL). Superman is met with criticism with Batman being the embodiment of the people who reject his status in BvS. Superman goes out of his way to sacrifice himself because "This is my world". Do I think this was made too early? Absolutely. Does it take away from who Superman is? Absolutely not. Snyder is trying to establish an arc for Superman with JL always being the epiphany for who Superman truly is - the symbol of hope that the DC Universe knows him for despite the fact that he is challenged for being able to be all powerful. Justice League Unlimited dealt with this. Batman: Hush even does as well. Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? deals with this. I don't think it's complicated. Snyder always had a start and end with this arc, it was never meant to be something in flux.

One page doesn't define the entirety of his complexion. I think Snyder hit the nail on the head with Superman's presence in the contemporary world and his Jesus persona - being that he still saves the world despite knowing he'd be rejected. Youre ripping the page out of an already established Superman within the DC Comics while the DCEU has only properly had him in two outings (3 if you count JL). Superman is met with criticism with Batman being the embodiment of the people who reject his status in BvS. Superman goes out of his way to sacrifice himself because "This is my world". Do I think this was made too early? Absolutely. Does it take away from who Superman is? Absolutely not. Snyder is trying to establish an arc for Superman with JL always being the epiphany for who Superman truly is - the symbol of hope that the DC Universe knows him for despite the fact that he is challenged for being able to be all powerful. Justice League Unlimited dealt with this. Batman: Hush even does as well. Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? deals with this. I don't think it's complicated. Snyder always had a start and end with this arc, it was never meant to be something in flux.
Maybe I just think Snyder *hates* the character of Superman. He seems to believe that the *altruistic* being had something up his sleeve.

I don't have any problem with the depiction of Superman/Clark in MAN OF STEEL.

I do very much think the approach to the character in BVS (on a writing level) is extremely wrong-headed, however, and it's all summed up for me in the montage of him saving people while we hear the voice-overs from politicians and media types debating his motives; he looks absolutely MISERABLE committing those acts of heroism, like it's this inhuman burden for him, and that's not really what I want to see from the character. I prefer a Superman who loves to help people. But that's just my taste!

For all of the theatrical cut of JUSTICE LEAGUE's faults, when Superman finally shows up at the end, Cavill absolutely nails the more upbeat, optimistic version of the character I was hoping to see.

For all of the theatrical cut of JUSTICE LEAGUE's faults, when Superman finally shows up at the end, Cavill absolutely nails the more upbeat, optimistic version of the character I was hoping to see.

Honestly, I think we are going to see up-beat Superman more than people expect for this. It just will be done in a different manner that allows Snyder to also show the darker sides that comes from what has been teased prior with the Knightmares that Bruce has had.

Same goes for Bruce, if albeit at not breaking the code that's bee iconic.

Reactions: belloq87
I don't have any problem with the depiction of Superman/Clark in MAN OF STEEL.

I do very much think the approach to the character in BVS is extremely wrong-headed, however, and it's all summed up for me in the montage of him saving people while we hear the voice-overs from politicians and media types debating his motives; he looks absolutely MISERABLE committing those acts of heroism, like's it's this inhuman burden for him, and that's not really what I want to see from the character. I prefer a Superman who loves to help people. But that's just my taste!

Thank you! That’s what I was trying to convey but probably couldn’t because I was too deep in the sauce. Superman should LOVE to help others. He WANTS to because it’s nothing personal. He just wants to.

Reactions: belloq87
Honestly, I think we are going to see up-beat Superman more than people expect for this. It just will be done in a different manner that allows Snyder to also show the darker sides that comes from what has been teased prior with the Knightmares that Bruce has had.

I know a few things about Snyder's original intentions for JUSTICE LEAGUE, and I think people who want a more optimistic Superman are eventually going to get some of that.

But I also think people who reacted negatively to how the character was handled in BVS are also probably not going to be pleased with how the character is used for the bulk of his screentime in the story (which will be quite a bit more substantial than in the theatrical cut).

I know a few things about Snyder's original intentions for JUSTICE LEAGUE, and I think people who want a more optimistic Superman are eventually going to get some of that.

But I also think people who reacted negatively to how the character was handled in BVS are also probably not going to be pleased with how the character is used for the bulk of his screentime in the story (which will be quite a bit more substantial than in the theatrical cut).

I honestly just have to wonder who'll be involved on the writing process for this version, if Terrio does come back; who else? Perhaps Geoff could help, similar to how he contributed for Aquaman.

What I would argue, is what will happen if this version is successful than the other. If it means we may see more of Snyder in the DCEU or if this will be his last bout for it.

I honestly just have to wonder who'll be involved on the writing process for this version, if Terrio does come back; who else?

I don't think there's going to be much new to write, honestly. Maybe a few small pick-up scenes and lines of dialogue, but it's my understanding that this project truly is going to be to complete the assembly cut Snyder already has. The bulk of the work is going to be effects, fine-tuning the editing (and perhaps tweaking the structure to fit into episodes if they go that route), and mixing.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I just hope the the Superman character is as full of hope and promise as I imagine he is. I don’t need another grim dark character in a grey area as most superhero movies seem to exist.