Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's an exclusive piece of content that's generated a semi-unprecedented level of fervor, toxic or justified or not. I'm not saying it'll propel them to immediate success, but it's the closest you can get to generating buzz without actually producing a show with the virality of The Mandalorian.
There’s also a chance this actually IS a show. Tbh, it might be received better that way.

Throwing in Dan Olson's fantastic video on this.

The original crux was WB had prints of a Snyder version of the movie they didn't want to release because magical reasons. The narrative has shifted to "let us see Snyder's vision" which is TOTALLY different than the original hate campaign. If the original story was true it'd be launching day one on HBO+ or whatever it's called. Since the original supposition wasn't correct it'll take a year of filming, editing, reshooting, VFX work, and $20-$30 million ADDITIONAL dollars to create it. This isn't #releasethesnydercut it's #LetSnyderRecutTheMovie

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Eh. I dunno. We'll see. But this feels an awful lot like it's leading to me saying my favorite thing, which is "Twitter is not real life".

Vocal twitter campaigns don't tend to lead to actual dollars.
I don't know. Sonic honestly opened the floodgates for this, and while neither Sonic nor the Snyder Cut will be the pinnacle of cinema, it feels like something has palpably shifted in the way studios deal with fan campaigns, or social media. The adage "Twitter is not real life" seems less and less accurate when some studio choices indicate the opposite.

I don't know. Sonic honestly opened the floodgates for this, and while neither Sonic nor the Snyder Cut will be the pinnacle of cinema, it feels like something has palpably shifted in the way studios deal with fan campaigns, or social media. The adage "Twitter is not real life" seems less and less accurate when some studio choices indicate the opposite.

Studios overreacting to Twitter drama is not what I meant by "Twitter is not real life". What I meant was overly-loud twitter campaigns are often filled with sock puppet support, making them seem bigger than they are, and kowtowing to them often does not make you money in the end.
HBO wants their Mandalorian, this is how they'll get it for cheaper.
I mean, Mandalorian was good, so I doubt this will be their Mandalorian.

HBO wants their Mandalorian, this is how they'll get it for cheaper.

I was honestly thinking about a quote they had mentioned, of WarnerMedia as a whole; wanting something Tentpole from WBP to come for HBO Max once a year. I'm very interested if this is going to be one of those tentpole's for 2021.

... debatable.
We won't know till they release viewership metrics in 2021, at which point subscriptions in HBO Max could have risen or fallen due to a variety of other factors.

I think the Mandalorian comparison is apt for different reasons. Like Disney+, HBO Max only has a robust library of content to its name and one big ticket item (Mandalorian, Snyder JL), but not much else. Of course, there's a vibrant list of future content planned for each service, but they're too far in advance for the service to feel worthwhile in the present.

Reactions: chris.g

Highlander II: The Renegade Cut
would like a word. There's also how many versions of Blade Runner and Dune? Genre fans being weird about these things has a long history in pop culture.

COVID in 2020 probably means not a lot of new entertainment to higlight in 2021. If most of this work can be done remotely or at least done period, it gives HBOMax something to hype up when there won't be a lot of new media streaming.

i joked to my friends today that WB’s Horror Made Here event was cancelled to allocate funds towards the snyder cut but now i’m beginning to think that’s a real possibility *puts on tinfoil hat*

i’m excited though. snyder’s films are a bit hit or miss for me, but you can clearly see two very conflicting visions in justice league. seeing a more cohesive film might make my viewing experience a bit better!

i joked to my friends today that WB’s Horror Made Here event was cancelled to allocate funds towards the snyder cut but now i’m beginning to think that’s a real possibility *puts on tinfoil hat*

i’m excited though. snyder’s films are a bit hit or miss for me, but you can clearly see two very conflicting visions in justice league. seeing a more cohesive film might make my viewing experience a bit better!

I've honestly perferred the director cut to his films that he directed (yes, even Sucker Punch. Sue me) and that I loved BVS's Ultimate Cut over that of the Theatrical; so I'm honestly hopeful to see what comes out of the new version of JL.

Could this of been done without the way people demanded it? Yeah..I'm just thankful that people can stop pestering other's about it.

Not that anyone asked nor cares since this group seems to universally pan the Snyder era, but the following are my reasons to be excited for this movie.

1) No CGI Cavill stache
2) Great visuals/ cinematography (which even Snyder's haters can agree he does well)
3) No joking Batman, reason for Cyborg being angsty and the heart of the story as Snyder said he would be, badass final fight with Wonder Woman and Stepphenwolf (also no redesign on Stepphenwolf), more New God characters, we'll see why Killowog and Tomar Re visits Batman, more Deathstroke, Martian Manhunter, proper Batfleck sendoff...
4) Darkseid
5) The MoS fans get to see the trilogy come full circle.

I can go on an on but I feel these are my top 5

Reactions: belloq87
Not that anyone asked nor cares since this group seems to universally pan the Snyder era, but the following are my reasons to be excited for this movie.

1) No CGI Cavill stache
2) Great visuals/ cinematography (which even Snyder's haters can agree he does well)
3) No joking Batman, reason for Cyborg being angsty and the heart of the story as Snyder said he would be, badass final fight with Wonder Woman and Stepphenwolf (also no redesign on Stepphenwolf), more New God characters, we'll see why Killowog and Tomar Re visits Batman, more Deathstroke, Martian Manhunter, proper Batfleck sendoff...
4) Darkseid
5) The MoS fans get to see the trilogy come full circle.

I can go on an on but I feel these are my top 5
I definitely hate the early DCEU films.

But i'll be damned if i'm not intrigued by this.

I definitely hate the early DCEU films.

But i'll be damned if i'm not intrigued by this.

If anything, I have a high level of interest if they are going to go as far as to have Zach get Ben back for Batfleck. It'd be kind-of fascinating to see how much of a role that Affleck would need for the new scenes.

If anything, I have a high level of interest if they are going to go as far as to have Zach get Ben back for Batfleck. It'd be kind-of fascinating to see how much of a role that Affleck would need for the new scenes.
I think you would need to use the entire $30M budget to get Affleck back. He's not contracted to do any films for DC anymore. It's possible WB will try to get Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa, etc to come in and do anything needed as if it's a reshoot for Justice League and try to get away with not paying them.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think you would need to use the entire $30M budget to get Affleck back. He's not contracted to do any films for DC anymore. It's possible WB will try to get Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa, etc to come in and do anything needed as if it's a reshoot for Justice League and try to get away with not paying them.

Cavill should be a lock, given the fact that he was with Snyder when the news broke out, and I'm almost going to bet that the budget for this project will be around 30-60 million once it's done; especially if they want to get Affleck back for Batman/Bruce. It may also help if Snyder and Affleck have been on engaging conversations together about this too..